Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A History of the Female Orgasm

China

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

By Robin Cooper, Staff Writer

I find it hard to believe that people go to McGillicuddy's or P&G's (or any other bar) in search of their ''soul mates,'' that is, if you believe in soul mates. In fact, I know college students don't spend the time that our local bar patrons spend getting ready for a night out in hopes of finding true love. We have two possible goals, almost definitely - getting drunk and simply forgetting the week or getting laid. Sometimes it's both. I'm willing to bet that 85% of the time, it's the latter.

Orgasm: That's the ultimate goal.

All the liquor, beer, pressed powder, perfume, mascara, eye shadow, toothpaste, gum, tight shirts and perfectly slung jeans add up to that one final goal.

Orgasm.

According to the Oxford Dictionary, an orgasm is the ''climax of sexual excitement.'' However, it is not the orgasm itself that is intriguing. It's more specific. The female orgasm-that almost mystical, and, in America, rarely obtained ambrosia, if you will. It is this climactic moment that has created mystery around the clitoris, as 1999's ''South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut'' so tastefully exploited. It is also the female orgasm that has created controversy around the ''g-spot.'' Perhaps the female orgasm is still so shrouded in mystery because it's only about 60 years old.

In the nineteenth century there was no such thing as the female orgasm. It was simply called ''the relief of tension in the female.'' When a woman was feeling especially sexually aroused, her husband, not knowing what to do, would take her to a doctor. Masturbation was the cure to this ''hysterical tension.'' After the diagnosis, a midwife or the doctor himself would arouse the woman until orgasm by means of a steam-powered vibrator.

It wasn't until the 1940s that the female orgasm and the g-spot were introduced into the mainstream. Until Dr. Ernest Grafenberg's discovery of the ''small mass of erectile tissue around the female urethra,'' the clitoris was thought to be the only source of female orgasm. After Grafenberg's discovery, research into the g-spot was practically dropped for about 30 years.

In the 1970s, the g-spot-induced orgasm was coined, vaginal orgasm. This research led to the discovery of female ejaculation, which unlike male ejaculation, can happen at anytime during sexual arousal. You'd think the acceptance of these sexual facts would be enough for society to consider women to be on the same sexuality level as men. Or, maybe the female orgasm is one more claim we have to modern femininity.

On Sunday, Nov. 13, ''Grey's Anatomy'' loosely addressed the notion of womanhood and having that taken away via preventive surgery. The woman had benign tumors in her breasts and ovaries and wanted both removed. Her breasts would be replaced through plastic surgery and adoption would be the substitute for bearing her own children. But, her libido, which would also be taken away, was one thing she knew she couldn't replace. How vital are sex, the female orgasm and sexual gratification to modern femininity? I'd venture to say very.

As a matter of fact, I'd go so far as to say that Shania Twain's ''Man, I Feel Like a Woman'' had less to do with ''men's shirts, short skirts'' and more to do with the ''woah oh oh.''

yea...not really much to be said about this article...it pretty much sums it up: girl orgasms exist and they are pretty damn awesome.

:D

As far as I can see, it's a heck of a lot more powerful than the male version, and it can be repeated over and over (particularly with the strategic use of silk scarves, bedposts, and the subject matter of the earlier, previously locked thread.) :cool:

"This research led to the discovery of female ejaculation' date=' which unlike male ejaculation, can happen at anytime during sexual arousal."

Huh? females ejaculate? :stop:[/quote']

??? Yep, ever heard of the knickname "waterfall" for a girl? I'll give you a guess where that "came" from :laugh:

As far as I can see, it's a heck of a lot more powerful than the male version, and it can be repeated over and over (particularly with the strategic use of silk scarves, bedposts, and the subject matter of the earlier, previously locked thread.) :cool:

That's the word on the street. I have no idea how this is determined but if it really is true then all of you can rightfully be jealous.

??? Yep, ever heard of the knickname "waterfall" for a girl? I'll give you a guess where that "came" from :laugh:

I always heard it was pressure on the bladder being released.....so the orgasm is acutally pee.....I thought they meant something else.

I always heard it was pressure on the bladder being released.....so the orgasm is acutally pee.....I thought they meant something else.

Female ejaculate is not pee. That's not to say a woman couldn't lose control under the right stimulation :D but female ejaculate is a secretion from the pariurethral glands.

Do a google search for "female ejaculation" to learn more (but not at work).

That's the word on the street. I have no idea how this is determined but if it really is true then all of you can rightfully be jealous.

How it can be determined that the female orgasm can be repeated over and over with the strategic use of silk scarves, bedposts, and the use of the subject of our prior thread? Oh, I would be happy to demonstrate to your satisfaction - step right this way... :laugh:

Female ejaculate is not pee. That's not to say a woman couldn't lose control under the right stimulation :D but female ejaculate is a secretion from the pariurethral glands.

Do a google search for "female ejaculation" to learn more (but not at work).

Or do a google for Cytherea. But don't say I sent you....

How it can be determined that the female orgasm can be repeated over and over with the strategic use of silk scarves, bedposts, and the use of the subject of our prior thread? Oh, I would be happy to demonstrate to your satisfaction - step right this way... :laugh:

well played.

:doh: :laugh:

and i dont doubt you. it's probably safe to say that older men have a better idea of what's going on than guys my age :laugh:

Or do a google for Cytherea. But don't say I sent you....

I find it sad that I know EXACTLY what you speak of...Or not, maybe it's a great thing.

In any case, I have a theory that the FEAR of the power of female sexuality is why it is so violently suppressed in many parts of the world.

Archived