Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(unfortunate update)Please send your well wishes to this family

LiveStrongSkins

Throughout my year long fight with cancer I was treated at the same time as a very special young man James who was more then a warrior. He had stage 4 tesiticular cancer and didnt have the greatest prognosis to begin with. He never let it stop him as he continued to be an avid supporter of the Redskins and Wizards. He never complained about his situation and said if he ever gave up he would be letting the people he loves down. He had a rough life to start but found a great foster mom who adored him. His goal was to be the first of his family to graduate high school. Annandale high school fulfilled his wish yesterday by giving him a diploma and a cap and goun. Even as he approaches his last days, he is still fighting as he fights for every breath in his hospital bed. I love him like a little brother and I promised him I would fullfil his wish to get more people aware of Testicular cancer.He also wanted me to promise him I would play football again. It breaks my heart to type this. He thought that since his cancer was 95% curable, that God was using him as an example for others. So to all the men on this site, please just be aware at all times. Have you and your son(s) checked regularly. If you get a chance send some well wishes towards James, he is an incredible person.

God Bless you James and God Bless you LSS.

Every time that I hear of such a story it absolutely breaks my heart. I cannot imagine one of my children having to go through what James is dealing with now and what he's already dealt with. I will not forget him and his struggle--please tell James that if you talk with him.

If the best thing that I can personally do is send out my prayers than consider it done.

Thanks to everyone. He really is such an incredible person. He was not even thinking about his pending death when the Annandale principal came and presented him his diploma. He had the biggest smile and was so proud of himself.

He was very young. He was 16 when they found it and it already presented as stage 4. This means no one knows how long it was there. It could have been years. I know we hear all the time, "Ah, hes too young to have that." But the truth is it can happen to any age group. It may sound silly but I believe when a boy is 12 a doctor should atleast check. It's so key because this world doesnt need to lose any more great people at this young of an age. Also, no young one needs to lose their father because of this beast either. We're all in this thing together, 1 loss is too many.

So sad to hear this but on a positive note it made me think to check mine out. Frankly I never thought about it since most young people never think that they can get cancer. I was reading up on it and it is suggested we check once a month for any lumps on the testes.

Nevertheless my thoughts are prayers are with James and his family.

So sad to hear this but on a positive note it made me think to check mine out. Frankly I never thought about it since most young people never think that they can get cancer. I was reading up on it and it is suggested we check once a month for any lumps on the testes.

Nevertheless my thoughts are prayers are with James and his family.

Thats great skinsD. That was the whole point of this thread. Awareness is key, and awareness is what will save lives. It is very harmless and painless to get them checked out, but well worth it. It makes me happy to know you will get yourself checked.

My thoughts go to young James.

Livestrong, I suppose he can have been an example for others even though he did not survive.

It's not how you die, it's how you lived.

You are exactly right Ghost. When he knew he didnt have the greatest chance, he shifted his thoughts on helping others. Never once was he bitter and he was so strong. Instead of asking why me all the time, he literally took out ads in local papers to get more young people aware. He defines the word livestrong.

Archived