Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PS3 vs XBox 360?

BeatONaCowboy

Which one are you going to get? I currently have been playing Xbox for years, but I have been thinking hard of switching to PS3

go to this site. http://www.ign.com

-click on PS3 at the top of the screen

-click on Metal Gear Solid video trailer, and check out how amazing the graphics are,

anyone with advice in which path to choose please post your thought on the systems, hail skins.

I'm definitly getting the 360.

And if PS3 gives me a reason to buy it, I'll get that as well.

When xbox first went online, I played that thing nonstop!

This year I have taken a huge break. So I'm definitly looking forward to getting some competition in on a much much much better system.

The original xbox had a lot of little bugs. Not enough to kill the game, but they were a pain in the butt at times.

Sunstone,What do you think about the graphics for 360, do you think they are a huge improvement? I just don't think it's that much better, maybe I just am expecting too much?

Definilty, have you played the 360 yet at EB or Walmart?

Call of Duty 2 was awesome!

Ghost Recon looks better than anything I have ever seen.

PS3 looks like it won't come out till next fall, I think they pushed it back from the spring. Everything I've read has said that the PS3 will be more powerful than the 360 but you gotta wait almost another year for it.

I'm gonna get the 360 and just trade it in towards the PS3 when that comes out.

I played Call of Duty 2 for 360 at BestBuy the other day. It was awesome, but hard. The graphics and gameplay of 360 on the HDTV were more than enough for me, and it's got Halo, first release of Splinter Cell (not sure if that'll change for PS3 though), and there's no game exclusively for PS that I would give up Halo for. Not even close. Enough said.

And I have no need for both until the prices are drastically reduced.

Where are you getting the stats that it will be significantly more power? I believe it has more processing power, but it's pretty much a wash as the Xbox has more powerful graphic processing.

In any case though, with the design of the systems, from what I understand, it's going to be very difficult for programmers to fully utilize the power of the PS3. This is why I believe the Xbox will likely start to take over. Microsoft is awful good at getting everyone to jump onto their products and making it easy to do so from programming and usability purposes. (Though they do sacrifice on security and stuff) Plus, it will integrate with all their products. If they can begin to make it the more popular product, they'll get all the games, as the games will follow the money...

That's a deciding factor for me too. Last I heard they were undecided whether they were going to do the sony exclusive again. It sounded like they were leaning towards not doing that this time around. But who knows. Rockstar is in a great position to have two behemoths bargaining for exclusive rights on their system.

If they do release for both at the same time, I'm leaning towards the XBox. I have several xbox games already including the older GTA's so I'd rather not switch to Sony.

Here's an interview with Rockstars CEO about the future of GTA ....

Q: You and Sony have had an exclusive arrangement with the Grand Theft Auto titles. Are we going to see a similar arrangement on the next generation of consoles?

When we announced that -- back [on] Grand Theft Auto 3 -- Sony was a big, big factor in the business and was a great partner of ours. We have [since] brought that brand to the Xbox and the PC market. It's just a wait-and-see attitude that we take to the market. [We] study the market and see [whether] that exclusive nature is good for the company at that time or if it's something that we might not want to do.

Q: So, the decision hasn't been made yet?

We haven't announced anything yet. It's a good position to be in, because we have the world's biggest brand and we have the hardware companies asking us, and certainly they want that product on their system. We will be finalizing that decision as we study the mark

Q: When will we see a version of Grand Theft Auto for the new consoles?

We haven't announced anything further. We're still enjoying sales of San Andreas.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/5/27-117

Graphically, I expect the PS3 to be slightly better.

I've always preferred the Xbox over the PS2 for sports games and for online play. And I love this new 360 controller. I'll definitely be getting the 360 because I expect it to have the best online play of the two systems.

I'll probably end up getting the PS3 as well if they have a game that makes me want to get it. Since Xbox 360 will likely have better online play, all the same sports games, and Halo 3, it seems like the system to get to me.

I read the specs of both, andd it definitely looks like the PS3 will be much more powerful. That's why they decided to wait to release it. They wanted to perfect it. Also, last I read it wasn't definite Xbox games were going to be compatible with the 360. They may have changed that. Where PS3 will be able to play all 3 formats. Not to mention, you are putting two other technologies against each other, and thats for the High-Def DVDs. There is going to be another format war...like the VHS vs Beta. And if history has taught us anything, Sony wins this war...again.

The PS3 will have more memory, and greater processor speed. As for the online gaming, I think PS3 will be increasing that. Only time will tell.

Has anyone heard how Grand Theft Auto will be handled for the new systems? That will be the deciding factor for me.

Totally.

I'm really underwhelmed by the new Madden, though. Seems like a demo to me. I'm going to give both systems a year or so before I make a purchase that big. Currently, I'm perfectly content with my XBox because of the games... Madden, GTA SA, and I'll be picking up NBA Live 06 soon.

I read the specs of both, andd it definitely looks like the PS3 will be much more powerful. That's why they decided to wait to release it. They wanted to perfect it. Also, last I read it wasn't definite Xbox games were going to be compatible with the 360. They may have changed that. Where PS3 will be able to play all 3 formats. Not to mention, you are putting two other technologies against each other, and thats for the High-Def DVDs. There is going to be another format war...like the VHS vs Beta. And if history has taught us anything, Sony wins this war...again.

The PS3 will have more memory, and greater processor speed. As for the online gaming, I think PS3 will be increasing that. Only time will tell.

Sony lost the Betamax/VHS war. Betamax was a Sony technology. They both have the same amount of memory from the specs I've seen.

I'm surprised nobody's interested in the new Nintendo system that's coming out. (Revolution I think it's called?) I guess Nintendo is pretty much going down the same path as Sega. But anyhoo, make mine PS3, mainly because I've been faithful to Sony since PSOne. Also I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear series. And the backwards compatibility feature for both PSOne and PS2 games is a convenient plus.

I thought Sony was VHS...oops my mistake...they won the other ones tho =).

and specs weren't the same from what I remember. In fact I read a couple articles (don't remember trhe names) that had PS3 as being more cutting edge and powerful, but it was at a disadvantage for coming out later.

Archived