Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who is seeing Harry Potter tonight?

steveo21

My girlfriend wanted to go but a midnight movie on a work night doesn't do wonders for my mood in the morning. :)

Us poor ****s. My girlfriend is a big Harry Potter fan, owns all the DVDs & books, has read & seen them all.

Saw it. It was extremely long. Was bored out of my mind. I tried to be charmed for her sake. After all she is golden about all my Redskins shows.

Now she wants me to watch the earlier ones with her (is that 3 or 4?? and good god I mean it was really really long). All I got to say is there is new presure I never knew existed, on the Redskins to make the playoff this year.

It wasn't that long, it was pretty fast paced too, if anything I think it could have been longer. (though probably not if they wanted to keep it in the kids attention span area)

This wasn't nearly as long as any movie of the LOTR trilogy or The Ten Commandments or a lot of other movies. Besides the book was really long, so it should have been long anyway.

Now if they ever come out with Wheel Of Time movies...heh, heh, heh.

It wasn't that long, it was pretty fast paced too, if anything I think it could have been longer. (though probably not if they wanted to keep it in the kids attention span area)

This wasn't nearly as long as any movie of the LOTR trilogy or The Ten Commandments or a lot of other movies. Besides the book was really long, so it should have been long anyway.

The Ten Commandments & Lord Of The Rings?? Hey, you forgot Gone With The Wind and Lawrence Of Arabia. It's LOOOOOONG.

I agree with everything you just said. I saw it last night. It was long, but not as long as it could have been. This 4th book has over 700 pages. The past few had maybe half of that.

I've read all 6 books and drug along somebody who didn't really want to see it...but even he admitted that the special effects were outstanding. It did leave some things out...and if you went to watch it without knowing the full story you might be a little lost, but I thought they did a good job. Definitely missed some things in the book (the quidditch tournament in the beginning of the movie was WAY longer in the book- they flew past it!), and Harry's admiration for Cho Chang could have been drawn out a little more.

In all, I thought it was a great movie. I think the guy who played Mad Eye Moody did an excellent job, and added a lot of humor to the story. A lot of good humor put into this movie. I enjoyed the "sexual tension" scenes, which helps us see that Harry is growing up and helps us see why the movie deserved a PG13 rating. Also great to see Voldemort.

Can't wait for the next book and next movie. I'm probably going to go see this one again with my mom and friend (my mom was jealous when I went last night without her). ;)

Archived