Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr Z Admits he was wrong with his Pre-Season Predictions

scuppajones

NFC EAST

Just about topsy turvy. The consensus agreed with my own order of finish -- Eagles at 10-6, Cowboys at 10-6, with a wild-card berth, Giants at 5-11, Redskins at 4-12. It could wind up exactly the reverse. If you're gonna be wrong, I say, be good and wrong. I couldn't understand why Joe Gibbs was sticking with an obviously washed up Mark Brunell. That stubbornness, I believed, was going to land the Skins right in the division cellar, kerplop! It didn't occur to yours truly that perhaps Gibbs was right when he said that Brunell's problems last year were strictly physical, and he'd be just fine when he got healthy. What did he know, right?

The Giants? I didn't like Eli Manning -- not yet, anyway. I thought sticking to him through thick and thin was a case of first-round draftitis that would hurt the team in the short term. Oh-for-two, that's me, but everyone else was in the same boat, too, even if they'd deny it now. Yeah, we liked the Cowboys and their young defensive talent. Drew Bledsoe? Oh, Parcells would figure out a way to get him functional again.

The only reason I didn't pick the Eagles to repeat as a Super Bowl team was that, as I mentioned, I usually don't like to pick repeaters. Let's get some new blood in there. Yeah, Philly's solid all right. T.O.'s holdout threats? Kid stuff. They got through last year with him, didn't they?

anyone who thought the Skins would only win 4 games is a complete moron and Skins hater. Come on. We were pretty bad last year and we still managed to win 6 games. Did they think a Gibbs-coached team would take two steps backward after his first year back in the league?

Also, Z's explanation above is bogus. In the preseason, Ramsey was our starter, so he's clearly making **** up now.

you guys are ridiculous. he's admitting that he was wrong... what else does he have to do? buy redskins obstructed view season tickets?

look we've said it 1000 times: if we don't win, these guys are going to keep saying we arent good. what a weird concept.

anyway, its not like banks or pastabelly who keep saying we are lucky, or salisbury who says we are fading. he said he was wrong.... deal with it.

NFC EAST

Just about topsy turvy. The consensus agreed with my own order of finish -- Eagles at 10-6, Cowboys at 10-6, with a wild-card berth, Giants at 5-11, Redskins at 4-12. It could wind up exactly the reverse..

Yeah, we liked the Cowboys and their young defensive talent. Drew Bledsoe? Oh, Parcells would figure out a way to get him functional again.

so what's he saying here.... the Cowboys will finish 3rd?

Is he saying he was right or wrong about the pokes?i

If you're gonna be wrong, I say, be good and wrong. I couldn't understand why Joe Gibbs was sticking with an obviously washed up Mark Brunell. That stubbornness, I believed, was going to land the Skins right in the division cellar, kerplop! It didn't occur to yours truly that perhaps Gibbs was right when he said that Brunell's problems last year were strictly physical, and he'd be just fine when he got healthy. What did he know, right?

:paranoid:

Not only is he admitting he was wrong, he did it after we LOST a game. If he really hates the Redskins so much wouldn't he say, "I told you they were pretenders?" Your hate for this man is blinding you, can't you take what he says for what its worth? He thinks we can win the division, I only think we can do that if the Cowboys collapse!

Not only is he admitting he was wrong, he did it after we LOST a game. If he really hates the Redskins so much wouldn't he say, "I told you they were pretenders?" Your hate for this man is blinding you, can't you take what he says for what its worth? He thinks we can win the division, I only think we can do that if the Cowboys collapse!

I agree. I actually think Dr. Z isn't half as bad as a few other mediots.

The worst right now IMO is Don Banks, he hasn't even mentioned anything positive about the Skins all season. He's been sure to jump on them when they are down though.... :doh:

the Pokes are a house of cards, their remaining schedule is an earthquake

You hit the nail on the head. Dallas has the toughest remaining schedule. We very well could end up winning the East IF the turnover problem is erased. HOLD ON TO THE BALL GUYS!!!!!!! IT IS NOT A DIFFICULT CONCEPT!!!!

Archived