Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs has caught up with the game.

budski

I was watching his 16 November interview and noticed that he had a look and sound that he knows exactly what is going on. He is not playing catch up anymore with todays NFL. When he is in the Monday conferences he is just blurting out statistics, but watch his concentration on that Wednesday interview and this guy is intense. I have not seen that in a long time in any coaches interview.

Probably not worth a thread, just though someone else might have noticed it.

Hey he been away from the game for 12 years , I knew it wasn't going to take him long to adjust his first year back was like a learning experience all over again for him . I think each week he even add new little wrinkles .

That is what I think to that his offense is like a snowball rolling down a hill, just getting bigger every week until it becomes unstoppable, a la all the superbow years.

I was watching his 16 November interview and noticed that he had a look and sound that he knows exactly what is going on. He is not playing catch up anymore with todays NFL. When he is in the Monday conferences he is just blurting out statistics, but watch his concentration on that Wednesday interview and this guy is intense. I have not seen that in a long time in any coaches interview.

Completely agree. Which means the next step is meticulous dismantling of "modern" defenses like he used to do back in the day. :notworthy :applause:

That is what I think to that his offense is like a snowball rolling down a hill, just getting bigger every week until it becomes unstoppable, a la all the superbow years.

See this offense still haven't play their best ball yet yeah they look impressive against the #1 defense but when it really start to click minus the miscues look out !!

The guy is a HOF. I'm a Cowboys fan and I can respect Gibbs as a coach...just not as a Skin. People said Parcells lost it last year... Both guys inherited franchises that needed more than a facelift. We(Dallas) have about 6 or 7 players from the Pre-Parcells era on our team. Gibbs just needs some time. I dunno if you guys do that great this year, after all is said and done. However, after Gibbs builds this team in his mold, I see you being pretty good. It's hard to bet against a guy who's in the HOF. Just like I keep telling the Cowboy faithful, just trust what these guys are doing, they're going to be right on about 90% of the decisions they make.

Gibbs never fell behind the game.

I think it wouldn't have taken all that long if Brunnel was the same guy last year that he is now. Gibbs didn't have much to work with at QB last year. Plus having Moss has given him more options too.

With a gimpy M.B., and Coles and 50/50 as WR's, he didn't have a heck of a lot he could do.

Archived