Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys Redskins Comparison

schmitty199

Players on IR do not count. But injured players who have played a significant amount and will play again this season do count.

QB

Starter(s)-Cowboys

Depth-Redskins

Backfield

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Cowboys

WRs

Starter(s)-Tie(moss better then glenn keyshawn better then patten)

Depth-Cowboys

TE

Starter(s)-Cowboys

Depth-Cowboys

OT

Starter(s)-Redskins(by alot........)

Depth-redskins

OG

Starter(s)-Cowboys

Depth-tie

C

Starter(s)-tie

Depth-cowboys

DE

Starter(s)-cowboys

Depth-cowboys

DT

Starter(s)-cowboys

Depth-Redskins(although the redskins play the 4-3 so they need more quality DTs then the cowboys who play the 3-4 but redskins have 3 quality guys to dallas 2)

OLB

Starter(s)-redskins

Depth-redskins

ILB

Starter(s)-cowboys(bradie james is a beast)

Depth-cowboys

CB

Starter(s)-cowboys(close i could see a arguement for the skins here also)

Depth-cowboys(rogers has potential but at the moment i would preffer my 3rd corner to be aaron glenn)

S

Starter(s)-tie

Depth-tie

K

Starter-redskins

P

Starter-cowboys

relook at your DT's. The cowboys have three rookies rotating on the D line. (Canty, Spears and Ware) these guys have played very well throughout the season. They have even held the top runners under 100yds (check the stats). the skins d line (4-3) can't stop the run very well. at times they are up and down.

Players on IR do not count. But injured players who have played a significant amount and will play again this season do count.

C

Starter(s)-tie

Depth-cowboys

ILB

Starter(s)-cowboys(bradie james is a beast)

Depth-cowboys

Center is a big weakness for us also. I can't say if Al Johnson will develop the experience needed to succeed right now, but I don't know much about the Skins starter.

James a beast? He's finally shown up on the field this year. Let's be cautious about anointing him.

The big question for the Cowboys is going to be whether they can handle coverage on go routes up the seam, does the d-line have the ability to stop a RB without committing the SS on the line and can the Boys run block and get the backs going?

We have a young team and it's the second half of the season. Will teams be able to school our rookies in the second half after seeing us once or will these guys take the next big step?

Dallas is in that precarious postion with it's new players where you have to ask the question what have you done lately? They are unproven so far.

dude, when you watch the cowboys, what team are you actually watching. you say that there no comers are "unproven". They were almost dead last year in team defense. Look at their standings now. They rotate three rookies (Spears, Ware and Canty) along with three vets(Feguson, Ellis and Glover) on the d-line. They rotate one rookie along with one second year player ( James, who is now starting). Unproven?

midseason, they have already past expectations

We got a Monday Night Miracle last time. These teams are miles apart psychologically when they take the field together. Dallas definitely plays their best against us and we haven't truly "proven" we can beat them. The Redskins need to man up and fight hard at FedEx because the Cowboys will come with fire. They have a very potent offense and a smart defense.They beat NY and swept Philly.

Now... back to the Raaaaidahs!

Are you considering Cooley and Sellers TEs ?

If you are, I would say that the TE is about a tie. And the Depth at TE favors the Redskins.

I don't know...both teams have good depth as well. Jason Witten is excellent at receiving and getting better at blocking, and Dan Campbell is one of the best TE blockers in the game.

This is a stupid post all those comparisons are off

Actually they are very close. Notice that the BOYZ have a pass rush and the Redskins don't. The Cowboys defensive ends and defensive tackles are MUCH better than the Redskins squad...mainly because they actually GET TO the QB, not simply wave at him from a distance.

At some point some of you have to stop being homers and have to realize that your wishing it is so doesn't make it true. The Cowboys are better, and they are in first place. Those are just facts...and just because we beat them 1 time on 2 lucky passes doesn't change what we really are.

We got a Monday Night Miracle last time. These teams are miles apart psychologically when they take the field together. Dallas definitely plays their best against us and we haven't truly "proven" we can beat them. The Redskins need to man up and fight hard at FedEx because the Cowboys will come with fire. They have a very potent offense and a smart defense.They beat NY and swept Philly.

Now... back to the Raaaaidahs!

They had a Monday night miracle of there own this week against the Eagles.

Actually they are very close. Notice that the BOYZ have a pass rush and the Redskins don't. The Cowboys defensive ends and defensive tackles are MUCH better than the Redskins squad...mainly because they actually GET TO the QB, not simply wave at him from a distance.

At some point some of you have to stop being homers and have to realize that your wishing it is so doesn't make it true. The Cowboys are better, and they are in first place. Those are just facts...and just because we beat them 1 time on 2 lucky passes doesn't change what we really are.

I really wouldn't say that it a fact that the Cowboys are better.I will agree that it is a fact that they have won 1 game more than the Skins.However,after watching them Monday night they are a team with many flaws as are the Redskins.How were those 2 lucky passes?In my opinion we made 2 very well executed pass plays that the Cowboys could not defend.Are you really a Redskin fan?

QB

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

Backfield

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

WRs

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Cowboys

TE

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

OT

Depth-redskins

OG

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-tie

C

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

DE

Starter(s)-tie

Depth-cowboys

DT

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins(although the redskins play the 4-3 so they need more quality DTs then the cowboys who play the 3-4 but redskins have 3 quality guys to dallas 2)

OLB

Starter(s)-redskins

Depth-redskins

ILB

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-cowboys

CB

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

S

Starter(s)-Redskins, not even close

Depth-Redskins

K

Starter-redskins

P

Starter-cowboys

Coaching- Redskins

QB

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

Backfield

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

WRs

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Cowboys

TE

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

OT

Depth-redskins

OG

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-tie

C

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

DE

Starter(s)-tie

Depth-cowboys

DT

Starter(s)-Redskins

OLB

Starter(s)-redskins

Depth-redskins

ILB

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-cowboys

CB

Starter(s)-Redskins

Depth-Redskins

S

Starter(s)-Redskins, not even close

Depth-Redskins

K

Starter-redskins

P

Starter-cowboys

Coaching- Redskins

H-O-M-E-R

defenseguru you are wrong, luck isn't possible on 2 40 plus yards strikes. luck is when it bounces off of someone or something like that. but we beat dallas not once but twice within a couple of mins. for the win.luck?, go talk to tampa bay about luck but don't insult me and this board with that :pooh: .all that proved was that this offense just needed some success and confidence to succeed.look what we did against the no1 d in the league, there's still fires burning from the torch job we did on them.luck, luck my :moon: (BEHIND!!!).

Archived