Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

turnovers...

coachreiter

if you take a look at our 4 losses to the broncos, cheifs, giants, and now the bucs, turnovers are the SOLE reason we lost those games minus the broncos game. i say minus the bronco game because we had the early turnover and was an early one that you never know could have happened we could have gone 3 and out and they could have still scored, even thoough they scored on a 4th down run. but anyways, the cheifs game, without the turnovers we win 21 - 18 because they had 10 points off our turnovers. the giants blew us out anyway but it didnt help that every redskin and their mom decided to fumble that game, and the bucs scored what, almost if not 20 + points off our turnovers? we lost the game by ONE point... how bad does it eat you guys that we cant lose a game because the other team is better...that we have to beat ourselfs... if we dont turn the ball over at all we only have 1 MAYBE 2 losses right now and sitting number 1 in the nfc east and 1 of the top teams in the nfc, instead we are sitting at the bottom of the east almost with 4 losses, which isnt bad but it just eats me alive knowing we could be 8-1 or 7-2 right now if we dont beat ourselfs... any thoughts?

Why isn't this thread titled "BRUNELL".

I get tired of Brunell saying that "we" have to stop turning the ball over. As far as I can see only 1 guy is actually turning the ball over. His name is Brunell and he fumbles every week, and then blames it onl the QB not running with the ball that much, so he's not use to it. BULLCRAP. The QB handles the ball on every single play. EVERY SINGLE PLAY. How can he say the QB is not use to running with the ball. He is on his feet..isn't he..and he is moving them isn;'t he...and he has the ball, doesn't he..and that is on every single play.

He just fumbles because he is a fumbler. That is an obvious fact that the Redskins are trying to disguise and most of you are buying it.

Tell you what, how about we give you a ball and let Simeon Rice chase you down to see how well you hang on to it? The O-line at the beginning of the Bucs game simply got off to a lousy start. When the players around him do their jobs properly, MB has done a remarkable job, I don't think it's fair to pile on him after this game, and if you saw him afterwards you could tell no one was more unhappy about it than he was.

I get tired of Brunell saying that "we" have to stop turning the ball over. As far as I can see only 1 guy is actually turning the ball over. His name is Brunell and he fumbles every week, and then blames it onl the QB not running with the ball that much, so he's not use to it. BULLCRAP. The QB handles the ball on every single play. EVERY SINGLE PLAY. How can he say the QB is not use to running with the ball. He is on his feet..isn't he..and he is moving them isn;'t he...and he has the ball, doesn't he..and that is on every single play.

He just fumbles because he is a fumbler. That is an obvious fact that the Redskins are trying to disguise and most of you are buying it.

I want to see you with the ball ready to throw as you get hit by a 300 pound DE.. Lets see your fat arss hold on to the ball.. Let me guess you want PR in there right? Give the man good protection and you see what happens ie: SF game!! We will not make the playoffs if they dont fix this problem.

So I guess when the ball his david patten in the hands and he can't catch it as the opponenet intercepts and runs it back is Brunell's fault too huh.

I agree he does seem to fumble a bit, but its not all his fault. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Turnover differential is one of the main criteria that makes teams great. Right now, the Redskins are a slightly above-average team, because they turn the ball over and don't create any.

Great teams win the turnover battle! Great teams don't lose the majority of their games by giving them away. You earn the "W" against the great teams. Great teams almost always win the close games. Great teams execute down the stretch and causes the other team to make mistakes.

As a result, the Redskins are not a great team yet... but they are very good. Considering the turnovers and the tough schedule, if they weren't very good, they'd be 1-8 instead of 5-4.

...and BTW, there's still time to be great--starting against the Raiders!

Yeah, you gotta hang onto the ball and get take aways if you want to be a Playoff caliber team. Yet, after all of these games with the turnover/take away ratio not in our favor, we still find ourselves in everyone of those games. (Except the G-Men). We are on the verge of greatness here. If we had a + turnover ratio, we could be 7-2 or 8-1.

Hey, I got some stats for everyone.... Someone posted some of these stats but since I couldn't find that post I went and re-researched them, I am not taking credit for discovering them in the first place so don't call me out for that.

NFC East Team #'s reguarding fumbles... Ranks are for whole NFL

Team ___Fumb. Rank Lost Rank

Redskins: 18 __ 24__ 12__ 30

Cowboys: 20 ___30__ 7___ 20

Eagles: __15 ___18__ 5___ 3(t)

Giants: __12____10__ 7 ___14

just a little starter stat for ppl, to let them know where we rank on fumbles

NFC East QB Stats:

Player Gms. Fumb. Lost Int. TD TD/TO _Rate__ YDS _comp%

Brunell _9___ 6 ___5__ 5_ 14_ 14/10_ 89.0__ 2007 __59

Manning 9___4____1__9__15__15/10_77.3 __ 2102__ 51

McNabb 9___ 8___ 3__ 9 _16_ 16/12 _ 85____2507__59.1

Bledsoe 9___10___4___7_14 _14/11_ 96.8___2215 _ 64.6

What do we draw from these stats?? Brunell does not fumble every game... in fact only Eli has fumbled less in our division, but Brunell has also had less recovered... This is a problem with the TEAM not picking up the ball when he fumbles, in fact, they aren't picking up the ball when ANYONE fumbles(see the first set of stats). Brunell does not turn over the ball any more than any of the other QB's, but the other QB's have given other teams more turnover opportunities than Brunell has, which means that he protects the ball better than you ppl seem to think.

Facts are facts, its not all Brunell's fault that he fumbled 6 times, and certianly not his fault that his teammates are worse at falling on fumbles than the other teams....

You guys don't watch other games so you don't see how other QB's in the league are doing, ESPN and others only seem to show all the fumbles the Skins have and almost none that the others have...

Just a little bit of facts for ppl to have sink in, comparisons say that Brunell holds onto the ball better than most, so why do you think he is the problem on turnovers

Two things:

1) we've seen the stats enough this year to know the Skins, though it's gotten a little better of late, don't recover as many of their own fumbles as most other teams. It's not so much they fumble more times, they simply don't get on them at the same rate the league does.

2) we don't FORCE turnovers. We force fumbles, but dont' fall on them. And we don't force INT's at all. That last, to me, is the key, and it comes down to not pressuring opposing QB's into throwing before they want to.

Two things:

1) we've seen the stats enough this year to know the Skins, though it's gotten a little better of late, don't recover as many of their own fumbles as most other teams. It's not so much they fumble more times, they simply don't get on them at the same rate the league does.

2) we don't FORCE turnovers. We force fumbles, but dont' fall on them. And we don't force INT's at all. That last, to me, is the key, and it comes down to not pressuring opposing QB's into throwing before they want to.

I don't mean to be redundant with the stats... And I in no way meant to say that our problems don't stem from us simply not forcing turnovers on Defense, especially interceptions,...

all I was saying is that it isn't Brunell's fault, he doesn't turn over the ball any more than any other QB and in fact fumbles less than most

ppl that constantly say that Brunell fubmles more than anyone and fumbles every game are simply ignorant of the facts, I was meerly trying to enlighten them :D

Archived