Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brett Haber: Sean Taylor to practice and most likely play

LiveStrongSkins

My Back needs some patting so...

Some of us already knew how valuable Taylor was to this defense.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125879&highlight=Sean+Taylor

Sean Taylor is 100X as talented as Dawkins, but right now he's not a better player. Aside from taking poor angles, he is invisible for large portions of the games (Whether you want to say other teams stay away from him or not, the fact remains the same). Sean has made some great plays so far this year including forced fumbles and tackles from behind that saved touchdowns. HE has probably made more good plays than bad plays and IMO, he discourages other teams from throwing deep more than any other player in the NFL. The Eagles threw the ball more than 20 yards downfield twice on Sunday Night. One was a bomb on single coverage that was incomplete and one beat a Marshall/Clark double team. NO SEAN TAYLOR. If Sean is back there, you can count on the ball not being thrown deep.

To say that ST is the weak link on the defense is stupid. There is no way for me to prove it, but I would say that he is the most valuable player on the defense based on the impact I think he has on the opponents' pass offense.

My Back needs some patting so...

Some of us already knew how valuable Taylor was to this defense.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125879&highlight=Sean+Taylor

Sean Taylor is 100X as talented as Dawkins, but right now he's not a better player. Aside from taking poor angles, he is invisible for large portions of the games (Whether you want to say other teams stay away from him or not, the fact remains the same). Sean has made some great plays so far this year including forced fumbles and tackles from behind that saved touchdowns. HE has probably made more good plays than bad plays and IMO, he discourages other teams from throwing deep more than any other player in the NFL. The Eagles threw the ball more than 20 yards downfield twice on Sunday Night. One was a bomb on single coverage that was incomplete and one beat a Marshall/Clark double team. NO SEAN TAYLOR. If Sean is back there, you can count on the ball not being thrown deep.

To say that ST is the weak link on the defense is stupid. There is no way for me to prove it, but I would say that he is the most valuable player on the defense based on the impact I think he has on the opponents' pass offense.

Griffin provides the push up front that allows us to engage in a lot of "sucessful" blitzing packages. Without him, the opposing QB gets all day, whether we're blitzing or not. I wouldn't say ST is the MVP of our defense by any means. Griffin is a big missing part of our D.

Last week put to sleep the talk about Taylor being over rated. It turns out he was severely under rated. We can count on one hand the times the middle has been tested this season when he was playing. We need three hands and feet to count the times TB abused us or tried to over the middle.

Thank you......NO MAN WON TEST SEAN!!!!!!! I DARE NORVAL TO TRY SOME UNDERNEATH PASSES BETWEEN LAVAR AND SEAN BIG HITS WILL OCCUR!

Archived