Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs. Chargers

DCNightHawk

I know everyone is geared up for this week vs. the raiders, but the real game that will decide our season will be against the chargers. I think the chargers are going to be tough with L.T and their offense. They really are a better team than (5-4) just like us. They blew away games but have dominated games. I think that we will be lucky if we can scrap a win. We are playing at Fed Ex which gives us an advantage with the 12th man.

I know everyone is geared up for this week vs. the raiders, but the real game that will decide our season will be against the chargers. I think the chargers are going to be tough with L.T and their offense. They really are a better team than (5-4) just like us. They blew away games but have dominated games. I think that we will be lucky if we can scrap a win. We are playing at Fed Ex which gives us an advantage with the 12th man.

Um...not really. I think we can afford to lose that one. If we can take care of the home divisional games and the teams with losing records, we'll be 10-6 and probably win the division. Thtat's still allowing losses to San Diego and Philidelphia. Not that I think or hope we will lose those games but the SD and OAK games mean less than any other game we have left because they're AFC teams. If we can afford to lose to anyone it's an AFC team. What we need to do is get road wins agianst the teams we should beat like St. louis and Arizona and win our divisional games. We can deal with going 1-1 against the AFC.

That would leave us with only 2 or 3 NFC losses, 1-2 divisional losses and in great position for tiebreakers.

I agree we need to win against the beatable teams on the road; however, we've lost four straight outside of the friendly confines of FedEx. We need to hope the 12th man carries us to victory in the 4 home games we have left and then need to win at least one of the three home games to have a shot at the playoffs.

I am sick of hearing about the Chargers! Everyone seems scared of Marty Ball. I for one think Marty is an idiot and Fedex is a different place with Gibbs back. If Dallas can beat them at San Diego we can kick their behinds in D.C. LT is only a RB and he's not the real LT who I did fear!

I am sick of hearing about the Chargers! Everyone seems scared of Marty Ball. I for one think Marty is an idiot and Fedex is a different place with Gibbs back. If Dallas can beat them at San Diego we can kick their behinds in D.C. LT is only a RB and he's not the real LT who I did fear!

Indeed, Dallas did beat San Diego. During the end of that game the Chargers didn't convert on 4th down to get the touchdown in the red zone to win the game. However, the Chargers main passing redzone threat was on the sideline with a towel over his shoulder. Antonio Gates isn't suspended anymore, so you can't judge anything about the Chargers now from week 1. But as for now, let's not forget about the Raiders. :raidersuc

Reasons we need to beat the chargers:

I've been talking a MASSIVE amount of **** to chargers fans I know for about 5 months now and I won't live it down if we don't win. that is all.

:doh:

Me too.

I grew up in SD and those fans are pretty annoying. Fair weather all the way.

We have to beat the Raiders first. Sorry, but with the Skins you can never take any game for granted. It might sound strange but I am actually more confident about the Chargers game, they seem to find ways to lose close games (actually that sounds like us!)

I think the game at St. Louis will be tougher to win than the game vs. San Diego at home. The Rams are tough to beat on the road.

That makes the San Diego game all the more important because we can't afford to lose to both St. Louis and San Diego. We need to go at least 3-1 in our next 4 games to have a chance.

I personally can't wait for this game. I've lived in San Diego for the past 2 years since moving from the DC area and have to deal with plenty of the fairweather crap from their fans. But in fairness, of course they do have their long time die hards like we do. Living here, I've been able to see plenty of Chargers stuff and I don't know why some people are talking like it'll be a sure victory just because SD has found ways to lose the ballgame. So have we. Just because we're 4-0 at home right now doesn't mean we're invincible to screwing ourselves somehow. We've seen it before. Of course I'm hoping that it doesn't happen. Fact of the matter is this, every NFL team knows about the threats that LT and Gates pose. Defenses plan for those guys. Week in and week out LT continues to make people miss (minus the Eagles game) and Gates continues to put up big yardage. I'm sure I'll hear the argument that ST will shut down Gates because of Taylor's athleticism and I hope that is the case, but gates isn't exactly a clutz either. I think we're a better team then our record shows and I think the same about the Chargers. It's going to be a solid fight the entire way around. By the way, for any Skins fans in San Diego, you should check out http://www.sdredskins.com

Archived