Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any news on Sean Taylor?

Da_Truth

I don't think Taylor will be available this week. He was in a boot on Sunday and evidently has been limping around Redskins Park for 5 weeks trying to coax yet another game out of his ankle.

I think the Redskins will gamble and rest both Griffin and Taylor against the Raiders, believing they will win this game without them.

Then they will dress both for the Chargers game where we will have to stop Tomlinson and the Chargers power rushing game.

I don't think Taylor will be available this week. He was in a boot on Sunday and evidently has been limping around Redskins Park for 5 weeks trying to coax yet another game out of his ankle.

I think the Redskins will gamble and rest both Griffin and Taylor against the Raiders, believing they will win this game without them.

Then they will dress both for the Chargers game where we will have to stop Tomlinson and the Chargers power rushing game.

Uh oh... :doh:. If the bucs put up 36 on us the final score on the Raiders game might be like 56-52.

the difference for the Redskins, though, is that if we didn't gift wrap the Bucs their first 14 points, the Bucs would have lost the game 35-21.

the key here is turnovers and execution. Brunell has to hold onto the ball with BOTH hands when he is about to be hit. the line has to block the blind side. and Derrick Dockery can't be caught holding on another 30 yard run by Portis.

the difference for the Redskins, though, is that if we didn't gift wrap the Bucs their first 14 points, the Bucs would have lost the game 35-21.

the key here is turnovers and execution. Brunell has to hold onto the ball with BOTH hands when he is about to be hit. the line has to block the blind side. and Derrick Dockery can't be caught holding on another 30 yard run by Portis.

Amen. They got homefield calls but we didn't do much to stop a downright sh**y QB, thats right, sh**y QB. He looked like Troy Aikman back there. Keep them out of the endzone on even one of those turnovers and we win.

...that can be taken to the extreme (get one call, stop him 1 inch further back, etc...) but the defensive play calling is within our control. The refs are not.

The thing that scares me is randy moss and a reputation of getting back at people on the field(cowboys for example). And proving he is better then recievers that people are saying are better than him...hopfully he dosnt relize santana MOSS is having a better season and right now is the better moss or we MIGHT be in for some trouble if sean taylor isnt there to help shawn springs so they can shut him down like last year.

The thing that scares me is randy moss and a reputation of getting back at people on the field(cowboys for example). And proving he is better then recievers that people are saying are better than him...hopfully he dosnt relize santana MOSS is having a better season and right now is the better moss or we MIGHT be in for some trouble if sean taylor isnt there to help shawn springs so they can shut him down like last year.

I doubt that Randy cares any about Santana's season.

I don't think Taylor will be available this week. He was in a boot on Sunday and evidently has been limping around Redskins Park for 5 weeks trying to coax yet another game out of his ankle. QUOTE]

I dont think you can tell his status because of the boot. I was at the heat game sat night and shaq was wearing the same boot. shaq is supposed to play this friday.

Devil's advocate: They gift wrapped 7 of ours. Portis' 30 yard run doesn't happen unless Dock holds (I think I have the correct play in mind?).

We don't need Taylor and Griffin. I'm just going by what Williams says. We don't have 11 starters on defense. We have 25 starters. At least that was what he was saying when Lavar couldn't see the light of day. It's all good. No Taylor and no Griffin makes it all ok. If we have any doubts about his strategy, just re-watch the NYG game and the TB game. Williams knows all guys. We just need to accept that.

We don't need Taylor and Griffin. I'm just going by what Williams says. We don't have 11 starters on defense. We have 25 starters. At least that was what he was saying when Lavar couldn't see the light of day. It's all good. No Taylor and no Griffin makes it all ok. If we have any doubts about his strategy, just re-watch the NYG game and the TB game. Williams knows all guys. We just need to accept that.
Dahhhh, your being sarcastic...aren't you? :D

Archived