Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis' post game interview

bbuzz1962

It was obvious to me, that Clinton is over the Mark Brunell turnover problem. It didn't come out exactly like that, his concern was the turnover problem. I know Brunell has had a great year stat wise, but he has been keeping the other teams in the game with his fumbles, interceptions. I am sold on Brunell, but he has to quit the turnovers, or we will not make it to the playoffs.

If he can get a grip on this, I think they have as good a shot as anyone. The problem with his turnovers, is that it has been in the short end of the other teams field. This leads to a score of some type every time. If he had just not fumbled in the Tampa game, they would have won it.

I know, could of should of,if, doesn't count. Good teams do not turn the ball over so many times. He is a veteran, with many years in the league, and must control the ball during a hit.

I think Portis is over it, and seemed overly stressed in his latest locker room interview. 147 yards on his behalf deserves a win. Brunell has to concentrate and cease his turnovers. The Offensive line as well could be to blame for letting the pressure get to him, but he still has the duty to cover the ball up, and quit dropping it when getting tackled. I think this will be stressed more than ever this week, and with some good luck, start winning more conisitently.

It was obvious to me, that Clinton is over the Mark Brunell turnover problem. It didn't come out exactly like that, his concern was the turnover problem. I know Brunell has had a great year stat wise, but he has been keeping the other teams in the game with his fumbles, interceptions.

Exactly what interceptions are you speaking of? The 3 he had thrown all year prior to Sunday? The one that bounced right off of Pattens hands? Or the one where Santana stopped running on a slant and the ball went where he was headed before he stopped?

It's obvious to me that if the O-line protects him he does not fumble, and in games where he is pressured bad things happen.

It's obvious to me that every QB is the same way.

Exactly what interceptions are you speaking of? The 3 he had thrown all year prior to Sunday? The one that bounced right off of Pattens hands? Or the one where Santana stopped running on a slant and the ball went where he was headed before he stopped?

Santana did not stop running, he was held (Somewhere on this board sableholic put up evidence of this...its pretty damning). And it was not a slant, it was a hitch if I'm not mistaken.

Or the one that was dropped by the defender?

Jason

I love Clinton as much as the next guy, but didn't he FUMBLE against Denver of the 1st posession of the game which led to a Denver touchdown? Yes. Turnovers will happen.

Yes, turnovers do happen. But I seem to have missed the times where Portis turns it over in almost every game the way Brunell does.

he doesnt seem to feel pressure very well anymore and that worries me...whats even weird is the pressure that he usually isnt feeling isnt from his blind side. The pressure will come from the left and many times he still doesnt feel it. It has been his biggest problem this season imo

He gets blindsided constantly...this causes him to fumble a lot and we can all thank Samuels.

blindside would be jansen....hes not getting blindsided a lot of the time, he is just oblivious to the DE beating Samuels coming right at his face. Generally in this case he is looking to the right, but still, hes coming right at you from the front....

blindside would be jansen....hes not getting blindsided a lot of the time, he is just oblivious to the DE beating Samuels coming right at his face. Generally in this case he is looking to the right, but still, hes coming right at you from the front....

Thats right he's a lefty. Samuels needs to stop letting the quicker DE's beat him off the line.

He's only fumbled once when he was actually running. Most of his fumbles are a blind side strip because of bad protection. Robert Royal Day Dreaming once, and then heavy pressure fast forced Brunell to try to escape and he just lost it.

He fumbles when he gets sacked mostly, which isnt good. I think better protection is more the issue though.

INT wise, Brunell has been great and the two in the Tampa Game were flukey

He fumbles when he gets sacked mostly, which isnt good. I think better protection is more the issue though.

INT wise, Brunell has been great and the two in the Tampa Game were flukey

Either way he has lost 5 of 6 fumbles, which is terrible.

Those 2 picks were not flukey, they were bad decisions to throw to wide recievers draped in coverage. And one of those passes was to Patten (Always a bad decision)

What are you talking about? Brunell has 14 TD's and only 5 picks. He is tied for 7th for most TD passes and there is only 3 QB's in the league with less Int's (Holcomb, Big Ben and Jake "the joke" Plummer).

Only 1 fumble was his fault. If the O-line is gonna let dangerous DE's like Simeon Rice and Mike Strahan come off the line un-touched, any QB will fumble the ball.

Oh and by the way, Brunell could very well have the best pocket presence in the game. You see the way he slids around in the pocket when he feels pressure. Most QB's make a bad decision and throw into coverage.

:logo:

Those 2 picks were not flukey, they were bad decisions to throw to wide recievers draped in coverage. And one of those passes was to Patten (Always a bad decision)

There is clear video evidence that Moss was being mugged on the second interception. This is the same play we run all the time, with or without Moss draped in coverage. And more times than not, Moss is able to escape and pick up 10-15 yards down the sideline.

Brunell:

6 fumbles - 5 lost

5 ints

10 turnovers

14 tds

E. Manning:

4 fumbles - 1 lost

9 ints

10 turnovers

15 tds

Bledsoe:

10 fumbles - 4 lost

7 ints

11 turnovers

15 tds

McNabb:

8 fumbles - 3 lost

9 ints

12 turnovers

17 tds

As you can see, Brunell has fumbled less than McNabb and Bledsoe, but we have unfortunately been unlucky with recovering them, only recovering 17% of his fumbles. Whereas, 75% of Manning's, 60% of Bledsoe's, and 62.5% of McNabb's have been recovered by their own team. This can be due to the fact that Brunell has fumbled occasionally when he runs with it, but also luck plays into this factor. He really does not fumble the football all that much. Brunell has only given the opposition the possibility of taking the ball away from us 11 times, whereas Eli 13 times, and Bledsoe and McNabb both with 17 opportunities. I really believe that we do not have much to worry about with Brunell turning the ball over.

Brunell:

6 fumbles - 5 lost

5 ints

10 turnovers

14 tds

E. Manning:

4 fumbles - 1 lost

9 ints

10 turnovers

15 tds

Bledsoe:

10 fumbles - 4 lost

7 ints

11 turnovers

15 tds

McNabb:

8 fumbles - 3 lost

9 ints

12 turnovers

17 tds

As you can see, Brunell has fumbled less than McNabb and Bledsoe, but we have unfortunately been unlucky with recovering them, only recovering 17% of his fumbles. Whereas, 75% of Manning's, 60% of Bledsoe's, and 62.5% of McNabb's have been recovered by their own team. This can be due to the fact that Brunell has fumbled occasionally when he runs with it, but also luck plays into this factor. He really does not fumble the football all that much. Brunell has only given the opposition the possibility of taking the ball away from us 11 times, whereas Eli 13 times, and Bledsoe and McNabb both with 17 opportunities. I really believe that we do not have much to worry about with Brunell turning the ball over.

Hmm. Wow, good job, kid. Alright, gentlemen. Next question, please!

Are Samuels and Jansen trying to get Brunell hurt so their buddy Ramsey will get another shot?

:D

Well, if they WERE, they'd be doing a good job.

Hello?

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

dude, patten was grossly interfered with, and moss had his jersey ripped off as the defender yanked him away from the ball. those int's were NOT on brunell, they are on the zebras. the game was horrendously officiated.

Archived