Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It is still too early

Taylor 36

There have been many posts here the past few days talking about how we will not make the playoffs. There have also been many positive threads saying that we will. Within them, there has been a lot of arguing and bickering about how this season is going to play out.

The truth of the matter is that we are only one game into the second half of the season. We still have a lot of ball to play. Seven games left, one game out of first place, and a relatively healthy team tells me that there is reason for hope.

But whether you are looking at this as a glass half full or a glass half empty, please remember that it is still too early to give up on this season, and it is way too early to claim a playoff berth.

We all need to be patient. It has been six years since we had odds this good going into the second half. Let's not get carried away one way or the other. Let's stick together as a group of the greatest team fans in all of sports and pull for our beloved team. All we can do at this point is cheer them on, hope they win, and the rest will take care of itself.

Please, deep down we are all brothers and sisters of the Burgandy and Gold. Let's stick together, stop bashing each other about our team, have faith but not overconfidence, and enjoy the ride together!!!!!

HTTR :cheers:

I'm glad that most of us can agree on this topic. We beat each other up enough on threads dealig with theology and politics. We should atleast try to be supportive fans and civil to one another when it comes to our team. Plus, once again, it is still too early to claim all is lost.

Thanks for the support. :cheers:

They control their own destiny, I read something in the paper where Levar said something like this do not hand the Cowboys the division just yet they still have to play us again. I think this team is going to be focus down the stretch they know what is at hand. Gibbs always finish strong during the season he kind just walk through the season but come nov and dec he turns it up a notch.

6 out of the last 8 teams that went 5-4 made the playoffs, and 10 out of the 15 teams since the restructuring.

Not only is it possible, but it's likely, given that our schedule is easier now than it was. Usually the teams that miss the playoffs have a tougher schedule in the second half.

Nice, positive outlook. Your name surely fits you, Mister Happy! :laugh: :cheers:

Archived