Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles @ Redskins

MWDrexel

well, it appears from the NFC East games this year the ONLY team the Eagles can defeat decisively is the Cowboys, so because the Redskins lost to them doesn't mean the Eagles have any other advantage.

Since when are the Eagles so haughty to laugh at the Redskins for losing to Dallas?

Didn't you guys lose at home to Arizona? smile.gif

Didn't you guys lose at home to us smile.gif

The 10-9 win over the Giants was hardly a game to brag about. In our own backyards we beat NY 35-21.

Look around the NFC and you will see 2 or 3 teams better than the Eagles right now.

If the playoffs started today, the Eagles would be playing on wildcard weekend just like last season.

And wasn't this the team that was hyped by Peter King as the NFC's best team before the season started?

Seems you guys have a ways to go to grow into your overalls, eh? smile.gif

I didn't really mean that as a huge shot at the Skins. And I agree there are at least 3 teams better than the Eagles in the NFC alone. I was only saying what was at stake for both teams. There is no shame in being 6-6 after your 0-5 start. Just as there is no shame in being 8-4 on a playoff schedule. I would hope with this much at stake for both teams it is a very exciting game.

Tailgate:

You have been nothing but a unintelligible jerk on that Eagles' MB. You are thoroughly unable to participate in meaningful discourse. The mistake I made was thinking the rest of the members of this Redskin forum were anywhere near as awful as you. After all your personal flaming and foul-mouthed rants you have the gall to complain about your e-mail address ending up on the MB. Grow up.

I don't think I misread your post because in it you mentioned that somehow the Eagles managed to lose to a team that couldn't beat the stinking Cowboys.

So to me that doesn't say "hey we have a potentially competitive game here" but rather "hey we should have kicked these guys in the $ss the first time and definitely will now."

Hey, if that's how you really feel, I would rather see that than an attempt at being civil for its own sake.

The vast amount of preseason hype over the Eagles has carried over with some fans into the season so that there is a back of the mind belief the Eagles should win every game and any loss is just a matter of the Eagles not taking care of business.

That's fine. I understand that completely. There were a lot of Redskins fans that felt the same way last year.

The only trouble with that philosophy is you are setting yourself up for disappointment and embarrassment in case the Eagles are not indeed the best team.

Tailgate,

MW is correct. With the way you are at igglephans and the Eagles main board, you should be glad people don't post your phone number and call you directly smile.gif. I don't know that I prefer your style of discussion with rival fans, but, if you are going to participate in that fashion, you have to be a big boy and handle your business when people personalize you.

I was shocked to see you asking for that information to be removed considering the aura you've created there. In fact, I'd have thought you'd have added your home address and invited people over, as you have with Over weight on Igglephans. Nothing wrong with being the master of all flame on opposition message boards. But when you post with that much moxie, you shouldn't be faced down so easily by having your personal data published.

MW, I think you'll find, as a whole, people here are ready for a little verbal confrontation, and, we tend to enjoy our recent visitors. Hope to see you around a little.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

If your asking do I think the Redskins are an inferior team? Absolutely! Do I think the Eagles are going to be NFC Champs? Not bloody likely. Did I think the Eagles would sweep the NFC East? Heck no! The Eagles split with the Skins as often as Dallas sweeps them. These are just division trends, nothing to be ashamed of by either team.

Again to clarify what is at stake:

The division for the Redskins.

and

Embarassment for the division leader, who has only defeated 1 team that is currently .500 or better.

[forgot the Seahawks won a few, thought we had beaten no teams .500 or better]

[edited.gif by MWDrexel on December 11, 2001.]

Anything they hand out is fine, I can handle it. Putting e mail addresses out there is total b@ll**** and playing like the classless jack offs they are. If you remember the classy fans of Igglephans let a virus go on rat boys site via email. Needless to say I do not find that playing fair. This guy is a coward hiding behind a keyboard is all. When I got to another board I use my handle so people know who I am, not like some others. It was a chicken **** move on behave of the inmates over there.

Tailgate, I hear you guy. I'm just telling you, when you come off as strong as you do, you have to, at ALL times, be willing to take on all comers no matter what they throw. There's nothing, with your style, off limits. Now that they know there is, your ability to rile them has diminished and they will give you problems in the future.

But, take the advice or leave it. It's your call smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

the Redskins are 6-1 in their last 7 games, right?

so, I don't know where the calls about inferiority come from.

if it weren't for the poor opening to the season for the Redskins where they basically didn't play the first 3 games in protest to Marty the Eagles would probably be in second place right now.

let's face it. this thing is a lot closer than it was supposed to be in the NFC in general.

nobody has appeared unbeatable.

whichever team is playing better the last 3-4 games is who is going to win out.

The Rams and Packers appear to be asserting themselves with clean wins over their nearest division rivals in SF and Chicago last week.

It remains to be seen IF the Eagles can do the same.

For my purposes, I will say the Eagles are on track to contending in the NFC if they can come in here and post a 10-14 point win. That will go some way in making me believe this is a team that can step up and win a pressure game.

You gotta admit the Eagles haven't won too many pressure games recently.

It is only my opinion that the Redskins are an inferior team. God forbid that we don't agree on which team is better. I don't offer opinions in the hopes that you might agree with them, rather because in this case you asked for them.

The Eagles have lost 4 games this season, 2 of which have been to the St. Louis Rams (20-17 OT) and the Oakland Raiders (21-10). This clearly shows the Eagles can not be considered as an elite NFL team by any stretch of the imagination. However it is my opinion that since the Redskins have lost to some real junk in the NFL, they are not that good. But you say that is because they lost in protest, I personally wouldn't know.

Now, the Redskins have defeated the Eagles and it remains to be seen whether the Eagles can defeat the Redskins. I would really like to know if the Eagles are as bad as you believe they are. I don't want them use a shortcut to a division title.

[edited.gif by MWDrexel on December 11, 2001.]

The Eagles are not a poor team. That wasn't what I was saying. But doesn't it seem strange to you that the Redskins could lose 45-13 and 37-0 in consecutive weeks early on and then not allow more than 21 in a game the rest of the way?

Clearly, something was going on with THIS team earlier in the season and it didn't have anything to do with talent or ability.

Are the Redskins a 14-2 caliber team now that they have gotten their ducks in order so to speak in terms of coaches and players getting on the same page? Clearly not.

But it would be a mistake to assume that this is a team with .500 talent on it.

If the Eagles go into this game thinking they are playing a 6-1 team, they are likely to fare a lot better as a result of that preparation than if they go in thinking "well this is the 6-6 team that lost to Dallas a couple of weeks ago."

That will just get the team beat. smile.gif

What their attitude will (and no doubt should) be, like it was in the game @Arizona, is that they are playing a team that totally embarassed them at home. They don't feel either loss was an indication of their abilities, and they will focus on trying to prove it. The difference between those 2 home games was McNabb did his job against Arizona and the defense allowed a last second TD. Now that both the defense and McNabb are set on proving they played down to a team, the result of the game should be a significant indicator of how good or bad the Eagles are. Especially with the added pressure of closing out a NFC East title.

Fact of the matter is the Eagles were suppose to be good this year, we are in transition. The Eagles are beating most of the teams they should but not all of them. They are not setting the world on fire.Truth of the matter is they are no better than any .500 team in the league right now.If you think they are prove it, they have not beat anyone with a record better than .500.

The game will most likely be much more low-scoring than either prediction. The Eagles have given up 21 points only once this season, only 10 on the road. The Redskins have not given up more than 21 since their 'in protest' losses early in the season.

Archived