Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings (Merged)

SkinzRool

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

ESPN.com

2005 Power Rankings: Week 11

RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (1) Colts 9-0-0 Remaining schedule is tough, with road games against the Bengals, Jaguars and Seahawks. But the Colts will likely be the favorites in all of their remaining games.

2 (2) Broncos 7-2-0 A franchise-record 193 pass attempts without an INT. Are we sure that is really Jake Plummer behind center?

3 (3) Steelers 7-2-0 We've probably written this before, but it deserves to be repeated: Hines Ward, who set the Steelers' record for receptions Sunday, is just fun to watch play.

4 (5) Panthers 7-2-0 Last week we noted that Julius Peppers needed to produce more. Well, 1.5 sacks (5.5 in his last four games) against the Jets is pretty good production.

5 (6) Seahawks 7-2-0 It's still early, but could the Seahawks grabbing the No. 1 seed actually become a reality?

6 (8) Bengals 7-2-0 Bengals faltered in their last chance to make a big statement (against the Steelers). They'll get another chance this week against the undefeated Colts.

7 (10) Cowboys 6-3-0 Roy Williams' experience on MNF was better this time around. After getting burned twice for late TDs in the Cowboys' Week 2 loss to the Redskins, Williams stole a win for Dallas over Philly with a late INT return for a TD.

8 (9) Chargers 5-4-0 We're figuring LaDainian Tomlinson is really looking forward to facing the league's 31st ranked rushing defense (Buffalo) this weekend.

9 (4) Falcons 6-3-0 Michael Vick had another solid game throwing the ball (20-for-30 for 209 yards and two TDs), but that was overshadowed by his three fumbles.

10 (7) Giants 6-3-0 Eli Manning made everyone forget that he had started only 15 games heading into Sunday. Well, his performance in his 16th game reminded everyone of that.

11 (13) Jaguars 6-3-0 It would be huge for the Jaguars if Matt Jones (5 catches for 117 yards and one TD Sunday) can develop into a consistent threat in the offense.

12 (14) Patriots 5-4-0 Heath Evans was great for the Patriots on Sunday against the Dolphins. But New England needs Corey Dillon (even if he's not 100 percent) in the lineup.

13 (16) Bears 6-3-0 Brian Urlacher's blocking during Nate Vasher's 108-yard TD return was almost as impressive as the return itself.

14 (18) Buccaneers 6-3-0 Big game for Chris Simms, who couldn't have been more than a bad game or two away from losing the starting job.

15 (11) Redskins 5-4-0 To us, it didn't look like Mike Alstott got in the end zone on the two-point conversion. Although that probably won't make Joe Gibbs and the Redskins any less angry.

16 (12) Chiefs 5-4-0 The absence of Priest Holmes, Willie Roaf and now a dependable receiving threat could equal another non-playoff season.

17 (15) Eagles 4-5-0 Are their playoff hopes over? Well, they definitely will be if the result of Donovan McNabb's MRI today is bad.

18 (17) Rams 4-5-0 The chances for another miracle comeback in Seattle ended when the D couldn't stop Shaun Alexander in the fourth quarter.

19 (20) Bills 4-5-0 So what do the Bills do at QB now? If they go back to J.P. Losman it has to be for the rest of the season. They can't start yanking him in and out of the lineup.

20 (21) Vikings 4-5-0 When you get out-gained 405-137 and win, you have to have a lot of things go right -- like three returns (punt, kickoff and INT) for TDs.

21 (24) Lions 4-5-0 Joey Harrington has arguably his best game in the NFL and what does he get for it? A spot on the bench if Jeff Garcia is healthy.

22 (19) Raiders 3-6-0 Some would say it was inevitable but the bad Kerry Collins has returned (2 picks returned for TDs in past three games).

23 (22) Dolphins 3-6-0 Chris Chambers made some nice catches, but he also dropped a bunch of balls against the Patriots, including the last pass of the game. It would have been a nice catch, but it was one he could have made.

24 (23) Browns 3-6-0 Rivalry? More like being owned as the Browns have now lost 10 of 11 to Steelers.

25 (26) Titans 2-7-0 So rumors are beginning to surface about Jeff Fisher's job security? No matter how good a coach is, he still needs some players.

26 (31) Packers 2-7-0 It's a little misleading, because they beat the Saints 52-3, but it's still pretty amazing that the Packers are 2-7 and yet have outscored their opponents 201-184.

27 (25) Jets 2-7-0 Jets fans can start looking at the top prospects for next year's draft, because the Jets are on their way to a top five pick.

28 (28) Cardinals 2-7-0 They have trailed after the first quarter in eight of nine games. Definitely not a recipe for success.

29 (27) Ravens 2-7-0 Will Kyle Boller and Brian Billick still be with the Ravens next year? We're guessing the answer is no for at least one of them.

30 (29) Saints 2-7-0 A week without controversey was good. Now they must find a way to snap that five-game losing streak.

31 (30) 49ers 2-7-0 The defense has been solid, but it doesn't matter if the offense can't score (three-game TD drought).

32 (32) Texans 1-8-0 At this rate (46 sacks through nine games), David Carr will break his own record for most in a season (76).

Yes that is pretty odd conidering every ESPN affiliate never even came close to mentioning the doubt that he was not in just a "he barely gets in",i was flipping through channels feeling like a nutcase seeing lochness an wondering if anyone did too lol(then again some of the bad pics early on after looked all grainy like nessy pics)

Atleast the media recognizes that the W on the Buc's schedule is a friggin SHAM.

Seriously, how can you say that? The game is 60 minutes long. Two questionable calls do not make the game a "SHAM." Also, there is no way you can look at an image from the sideline camera angle of Alstott and determine conclusively that he was not in before his knee was down.

Well, ref-rape is nothing new to this team, there were several memorable examples of it the during JG1. Coach Gibbs is a humble man and works hard to maintain his demeanor in public but he burns intensely inside. Don't think he's going to A: Just let it slide or B: Stop doing all he can to point out the atrocious officiating. These things in the long run work to our benefit. The coaches ride the players more, and become more determined to take the zebras out of the game. This is one more piece of the puzzle that will see JG holding aloft another Lombardi. I just NEVER want to ever hear a word spoken about "running the score up" when it comes to pass. Everybody deserves what's coming to them.

The Skins need some of the media pundits like this to start taking it to the NFL when it comes to officiating vs the Skins and the Raiders. It's just not fair to the loyal fans.

I can tell the media knows it's going on and turns a blind eye to it..I know many of the other teams fans even know this is happening but there's no nerve anymore. No Kahunas from the media..show the highlights of the piss poor officiating each week..Talk about how bad it has gotten. You want to draw viewers in? they will be all over this.

As a fan I sincerely appreciate this blurb from ESPN. I wouldn't wish our officiating on any other teams fans including the Cowboys.

I don't think it's too much to ask a league to make the fight on the field a fair game and not lopsided as heck.

This is the game I grew up loving and this is my team and I am offended as a fan at the "biased" officiating we have had since we fired Norv Turner. This has been ludicrous to say the least.

I'm not asking for favortism I'm asking for fairness..I'm also asking a the Sports media to do an expose on NFL officiating instead of just blind trust.

This story is bigger than the Chicago Black Sox IMHO..and it involves 2 teams the Redskins and the Raiders the most, Snyder and Al Davis.

All we need is game film..since the Robsikie game that's it...That's all I need to prove it beyond a doubt and it would hold up in a court of law.

I'm truly sick of it as a fan and to other teams fans I ask one question..how would you like it if this stuff was happening to your team week in and week out year in and year out?

I think we have the most honorable players in the league to be put through this..I don't blame Bailey, Smoot..Pierce..and many others for wanting out. Why would I want to bust my ass for the officiating and B.S. this team gets.

i'm truly sorry Joe Gibbs has to put up with this from the NFL a league he helped define over the years..

Man I can't believe how much my family and I loved this game and this team for all these years through thick and thin. Thanks NFL for the respect.

Don't worry gain, we are still be underrated by most:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?incomming=1&event_id=1815&question13136=53764&question13137=53766&question13138=53768&question13139=53770&question13140=53773&question13141=53775&question13142=53776&question13143=53779&question13144=53780&question13145=53784&question13146=53797

Wait til starting winning in the playoffs, then the press will turn it around and say we always had the potential and we were always a dangerous team. :nutkick:

Well, ref-rape is nothing new to this team, there were several memorable examples of it the during JG1. Coach Gibbs is a humble man and works hard to maintain his demeanor in public but he burns intensely inside. Don't think he's going to A: Just let it slide or B: Stop doing all he can to point out the atrocious officiating. These things in the long run work to our benefit. The coaches ride the players more, and become more determined to take the zebras out of the game. This is one more piece of the puzzle that will see JG holding aloft another Lombardi. I just NEVER want to ever hear a word spoken about "running the score up" when it comes to pass. Everybody deserves what's coming to them.

Amen! :point2sky

Archived