Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breakdown For 2nd Part Of Season!!! 9-7

qcraftsman

1. Raiders - We probably have injuries with Griffen, Taylor not 100%, Betts has sprianed Knee & might be out. Raiders D- Line with Sapp and Washington is totally different then the 280lb Line of Tampa which will effect Clinton. Run outside of tackles. Collins at QB big arm against Walt and hurting Taylor - ok not good... WIN!!!

2. Chargers - The only advantage we have is were at home. Tough Team, but atleast they have a long trip like Seattle did against us. LOSS!!!

3. Rams - Decent football team, but we are in there house which we don't do to well away. This will be tough with turf grounding. LOS!!!

4. Cardinals - Ok we can win this one even if we are away, but it is still the NFL so who knows. WIN!!!

5. Cowboys - If we are healthy with no turnovers we win! 12th MAN!!! WIN/LOSS???

6. Giants - Same as Dallas Game, but this will be tough, atleast were at home

WIN?LOSS???

7. Eagles - Same as Dallas & Giants game, but if Mcslabb is hurting and out we win!!! WIN!!!

This leaves us at 9-7 for the season.. Atleast we improved from last year.

The Giants, Eagles & Dallas have all shown they can lose games they shouldn't - just like the 'skins.

Given Philly's troubles, I could see us winning six (with a loss to either the Chargers or Rams). Given the intensity of divisional rivalries we could lose to one of the NFC East teams, so perhaps five wins.

It may turn out worse but as a fan I can see 10-6 or 11-5.

Can someone please explain to me why so many ES members are counting the Rams game as a loss? :whoknows: I don't think they are that good! I don't think there offense is that great the same with there defense. Our offense is coming around and hopefully the defense will get straightened out. I by no means see this as a loss. Maybe someine here can set me straight. I'm sorry if I don't tremble at the thought of playing the Rams on the road. We have played much better teams on the road then the Rams and been very competative in all of them except the G-Men.

Rob

I can realistically see us running the table in the next 4 games. 1) Oakland. We might run the ball 55-60 times in this game. Riaders offense will rarely be on the field and when they are they will be behind and pressing. We all know what happens when Collins starts pressing..... 2) San Diego. Again, this team can be ran on. (See Pitt, NYJ, Denver) A good matchup for us if we fex our O-Line muscle early. If we run the ball consistently w/out turnovers, we will walk away with this one. Offensively, they remind me of KC, great running attack, playmaker at TE, very average WRs. Except for the screen to Holmes, our D played great against KC and i think we'll keep LT in check..3) @ Rams. AGAIN...suspect against the run. (See ENTIRE SEASON). Plus, I will be @ the dome and I will rattle Bulger ;-) 4) @ Cardinals. Scouting report -- Rush 6 and double Larry Fitzgerald. Period. Hopefully this will convince you that we can be 9-4 heading into the division games.

11-5 is almost laughable , dont get me wrong id love to see it but we got to stop the turnovers and the way we play on the road , the dallas and giants game can go either way thats hard to say but to finish 11-5 means we canonly lose 1 more =| it is very possible but not likely given ourluck with refs , our lack of defense this year and our inability to close games out not to mention run run run when we have any kind of lead .... imma say 8-8 or 9-7 at best ....not negative just trying to be realistic

I see us losing one of our remaining home games and one of our remaining road games. Philly appears to be dead in the water and come week 17 if we have a chance and they are dead in the water (McNabb very well could be out) then we will win that game. No McNabb+No Me-O for them = No way they should win. I do think we will lose in STL.

I think we will lose either the Cowboy or Giant game at home. The Chargers are as inconsistent as we are. They follow a great performance with mistake filled games. They have 2 great offensive players but that doesnt make them unbeatable.

Oak - Win

SD - Win

STL - Loss

ARI - Win

DAL - Loss

NYG - Win

Phil - Win

10-6. If Griffin & Taylor cant get healthy come SD week then we will go 9-7 at best.

skinsfan81 - The reason why a lot of us think that Rams will beat us I think is because our defense is not what it should be like last year. I think our offense will produce pretty well, but I see there QB having a great passing game that might eat us up. If we are all healthy in Defense and if Taylor steps up his protection then I think we will win. We also need pressure on the Qb or he will also have abig game. The only thing is that we are on the road and playing on turf for the first time. We'll see. It will be close I think and it is all up to the Defense.

i seriously believe that IF we turn around this turnover problem, we could seriously finish this season 11-5 or 10-6, goo for a playoff spot. this team is VERY good, we've just been getting unlucky bounces on fumbles and such and i think this turnover deficit can't keep getting worse. If we play turnover free football we could possibly win all remaining games. thats right. this team can beat just about any team in the nfl, granted we can also lose to many teams just because of turnovers. i think gibbs and williams will steer this ship in the right direction right into the playoffs. maybe its just wishful thinking, but whats wrong with that? i have faith in gibbs and in the skins. 2 home games are just what we need to get a little win streak going. GO SKINS

skinsfan81 - The reason why a lot of us think that Rams will beat us I think is because our defense is not what it should be like last year. I think our offense will produce pretty well, but I see there QB having a great passing game that might eat us up. If we are all healthy in Defense and if Taylor steps up his protection then I think we will win. We also need pressure on the Qb or he will also have abig game. The only thing is that we are on the road and playing on turf for the first time. We'll see. It will be close I think and it is all up to the Defense.

I would tend to agree with you. However, I think we can control the clock with our running game and keep there offense off the field. If Griffen and Taylor are back close too 100% then our D will take a step-up and we should be able to get some pressure on Bulger and force some mistakes out of him. With Taylor back our pass coverage will improve and not look as bad as it did against Tampa Bay.

Rob

I am still sticking with my original season prediction of 10-6.....

I think we win 3 of the next 4 games, with one suprise loss and one suprise win in the mix. Then we go 8-5 into the divisional games and take at least 2 of 3.

I can see us winning any game left on the schedule and winning most of them, but I don't see us losing more than 2 of the next 7, but I could be wrong, I just don't think it will happen.... If you ppl aren't happy with a 9-7 season after all the abysmal seasons we have put up with in recent history, then go suck a lemon :P

The point is in order to make the playoffs we can only lose two more games. I think we can win the rest. Loss at Philly, Loss to San Diego. We are in.

By the time we get to philly, they may have already put Donnovan under the knife, did you see last night's game? He was hurting...

I'd say the only games I will predict the highest chance of losing would be against the chargers and the cowboys (split with the giants, split with the cowboys, and sweep the eagles).

The only thing is even if Griffen is healthy I don't see us getting pressure on Bulger. He will help in the run Defense. If you look at our past games we haven't gotten pressure on the QB even when we were 100% healthy. That is what is really hurting us and Turnovers. We need to stop the seconday blitzing and leave them out to cover the guys.

I really don't like where we are right now because we've lost 3 winnable games on the road. We have four home games and 3 road games left and, historically, Joe Gibbs' teams play very well at the end of the season. If we can't go 3-1 at home and 2-1 on the road, we don't even deserve playoff consideration.

Archived