Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb's injury

eeg3

Isn't it weird how McNabb always comes up with a phantom new "injury" after he screws up beyond belief. In the Carolina NFC Championship game, he quit because his "ribs hurt." Last night he throws an INT like a moron, and he "hurt" his groin. Last year in the super bowl, he had a "cold."

He has thrown 3 game losing INTs in a row. He threw an INT in the red zone when Philly had momentum and was about to tie Denver. He threw the game losing TD against the Skins. Last night he threw the game losing INT against Dallas. Not to mention three NFC championship losses. :laugh:

Man, atleast TO doesn't lose 3 games in a row for you. McNabb is mediocre, but looks a lot better because he's a really nice guy in real life and has had a lot of talent around him. Plus, he can run. But, let's be real: McNabb is overrated.

I'd take Brunell over McNabb any day of the week. (Atleast how Brunell is playing this year, when he's not hampered by a REAL injury) Mind you, Brunell never whined and complained and used his injury as an excuse, because he's not a little baby.

:eaglesuck

I'd take Brunell over McNabb any day of the week. (Atleast how Brunell is playing this year, when he's not hampered by a REAL injury) Mind you, Brunell never whined and complained and used his injury as an excuse, because he's not a little baby.

There is such a thing as being a homer...and then there is making the statement that you would rather have Brunell than McNabb. Hilarious. I despise the Eagles, but I'd take McNabb on the Skins in a heartbeat.

134 TD

66 Int

Career rating of 84.1

Played one season with a real #1 wide out and finished with a 104.7 rating.

Sorry but I don't see how McNabb is over rated. The guy is a flat out good QB that has made an offense that has been mostly without superior talent at the skill positions look pretty good.

As for the injury he's been playing hurt all year and was limping badly after a run for a first down last night. The interception play was the straw that broke the camels back as the guy was all ready not looking healthy. He belly flopped the ground last night, and I'm no doctor but a hernia probably isn't helped by doing a running belly flop.

Personally there is no QB I'd rather have on my team then McNabb. He does it all. Can escape the pass rush better then anyone not named Vick, makes plays with his feet, over his career has had a stunning TD/Int ratio, and he seems to be a top character guy. Also note that he has done it with little help. Look at Manning and all the weapons he's had and compare them to the parade of average wide outs and running backs the Eagles have had.

It's hard for me to believe, but I feel compelled to defend #5 here. I have grown to hate the eagles more and more over the past 5 yrs, but in that same time frame I have grown to respect #5 just the same. His judgement may be suspect at times. He may occasionally try to force a ball into a spot where it doesn't belong (ala Brett Favre). However, I cannot agree when someone questions his toughness. How many times last night (and last week against us) did we see him scramble toward the sideline and all he had to do was jump out of bounds to save himself. Instead, he throws the breaks on, finds someone at the last second to flip it to, and takes monster shots from defenders who have built up a 20-30 yd head of steam while chasing across the field. He knows he is gonna take the punishment, but he does it anyway. Unlike Brunnellwho could have ran for COUNTLESS CRUCIAL 1st downs this season but instead elects to throw the ball away when there are NO DEFENDERS near him. I was at the KC game and believe me, that killed us. But back to #5, I also remember the game (believe against the cardinals) where he got rolled up in the 1st qtr then came back in to throw 3 tds. It was after the game that they discovered he had been playing on a BROKEN LEG. How much pain do you think he was in that day? It does me good to see the eagles struggle but I would take #5 in a Redskin jersey any day.:raidersuc

Isn't it weird how McNabb always comes up with a phantom new "injury" after he screws up beyond belief. In the Carolina NFC Championship game, he quit because his "ribs hurt." Last night he throws an INT like a moron, and he "hurt" his groin. Last year in the super bowl, he had a "cold."

He has thrown 3 game losing INTs in a row. He threw an INT in the red zone when Philly had momentum and was about to tie Denver. He threw the game losing TD against the Skins. Last night he threw the game losing INT against Dallas. Not to mention three NFC championship losses. :laugh:

Man, atleast TO doesn't lose 3 games in a row for you. McNabb is mediocre, but looks a lot better because he's a really nice guy in real life and has had a lot of talent around him. Plus, he can run. But, let's be real: McNabb is overrated.

:eaglesuck

TO! What did I tell you about posting on the boards here?

Archived