Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It feels pretty good knowing Gibbs can do no wrong...

DC12

What do you guys think? I mean sometimes I worry when we lose but then I think, wait a minute, we have Jesus Gibbs! ...and a lot of people don't know this, but Coach Joe Gibbs has never made a mistake ever in his entire history of coaching the nfl. And you know, a thought like that...that makes a man feel good. When you think about it, which team besides our own, is coached by a man that has never made a coaching mistake ever in his entire career. Well I agree with you guys...we are in pretty good shape!

Go SKINS!

What do you guys think? I mean sometimes I worry when we lose but then I think, wait a minute, we have Jesus Gibbs! ...and a lot of people don't know this, but Coach Joe Gibbs has never made a mistake ever in his entire history of coaching the nfl. And you know, a thought like that...that makes a man feel good. When you think about it, which team besides our own, is coached by a man that has never made a coaching mistake ever in his entire career. Well I agree with you guys...we are in pretty good shape!

Go SKINS!

:whoknows:

i mean, obviously there are problems right now on both sides of the ball, but the nature of any football team is that there will be problems. i wish that Gibbs could hear you say that, he'd probably talk himself down about the mistakes thing with some comment or anectode about making mistakes, but that's why he's great. he recognizes problems that we don't, and knows how to deal with people as well. he's a HOF coach, and you can't ask for much better these days.

no one is denying that Gibbs makes mistakes (even him), but his track record, and the way our team has come together this year and really started rumors of playoffs, are at least a testament to SOMETHING.

From my perspective as a Cowboys fan.

Last year we had a horrible team. It revealed how much "smoke and mirrors" our defence was.

One of the admirable things Parcells did was to take "ownership" in what he felt was his part of the mistakes and he vowed to work harder in the offseason to repair the damage to the ship.

The end of this season will truly tell how he fared in his quest, but up to this point I can safely say it is a heck of a lot better than it was last year.

Coaches need to take responsibility for their ends of the deal. That's why they get paid like they do.

You can only control those elements in your grasp. Players you draft, plays you design and call, your team's attitude and approach to the game.

Don't lose focus on things you have absolutely no control over. Bad ref calls, the weather, opposing players or fan noise. Just do the things on your end to try to set up the right conditions for a win and then be part of the solution for executing the plays.

That's what I find admirable about Parcells.

Jesus Gibbs? Whether or not your a Christian is entirely your business. But to use His name as an insult is the lowest of the low. And to use a man's faith as an insult to him, especially a man who has always shown the utmost in class, is just a cheapshot.A nasty, ugly, cheapshot.

Am I ticked off about the loss? You bet! Patten hangs on, we win. Interference called on the interception, we win. Referee actually calls what you,me and everyone else saw, we win. The latter, on numerous plays.

Joe called a great game. We should have and actually did win that game. True, it should not have able to be decided by a really crappy call, but that is what it really came down to. We fought and scored even when it seemed the deck was stacked against us.

In your post you make no valid points, spouting only venomous bile. Unless you have something to say that is intelligent, either good or bad, you really need to stop. In fact I think it is fair to say that if the mods have anything to say about it you will be.

I am never ashamed to be a Redskin fan. But I am ashamed that you are.

Hail :logo:

From my perspective as a Cowboys fan.

Last year we had a horrible team. It revealed how much "smoke and mirrors" our defence was.

One of the admirable things Parcells did was to take "ownership" in what he felt was his part of the mistakes and he vowed to work harder in the offseason to repair the damage to the ship.

The end of this season will truly tell how he fared in his quest, but up to this point I can safely say it is a heck of a lot better than it was last year.

Coaches need to take responsibility for their ends of the deal. That's why they get paid like they do.

You can only control those elements in your grasp. Players you draft, plays you design and call, your team's attitude and approach to the game.

Don't lose focus on things you have absolutely no control over. Bad ref calls, the weather, opposing players or fan noise. Just do the things on your end to try to set up the right conditions for a win and then be part of the solution for executing the plays.

That's what I find admirable about Parcells.

:wtf: are you talking about?

Gibbs assume the blame when things go wrong, and diverts the credit when things go right

and complaining about the bad calls.... I belive the Tuna is one of the loudest

In fact I would be horrified if my team's coach didn't scream about being jobbed when they were. The players and coaches work too hard to accept a bad call that could/or did cost them a win.

Gibbs assume the blame when things go wrong, and diverts the credit when things go right

In fact I would be horrified if my team's coach didn't scream about being jobbed when they were. The players and coaches work too hard to accept a bad call that could/or did cost them a win.

I wouldn't make a career or a reputation on just focusing on bad calls. Rather I would spend much more of my time working on the obviously bad things that contributed to losses.

I think something like Brunell putting the rock on the ground isn't a good sign. According to NFL.com there were 3 fumbles with 1 lost.

What about 2 interceptions for 34 yards for the Bucs, or the 6 penalties committed by your team in the game. Or 2 sacks by Rice and none for your team.

In the last 8 minutes of the game the Bucs had 22 plays on your defence for 188 yards or an avg. of 8.5 yards per play and scored two TDs.

The most grevious error which would garner Parcells' yelling wrath on a player is the penalty on the extra point that gave Gruden pause to go for the 2 pt. conversion when he was happy to tie.

There's alot more useful fodder for Gibbs to work with over this coming week with the team than focusing on informing the league of bad errors by the refs.

And from all the posts I have read in the past it seems that any amount of complaining hasn't swayed the refs to call Skins games any better if I was to take the opinions of posters on this board.

The team's only course of action is to take the game out of the ref's hands and win it by crossing the goal line or going through the uprights more times than the opponent in 60 minutes.

One of the best incidences I remember of a coach complaining that got him, the fans and the team no where was Cowher in the infamous halftime scuffle he got into with the ref where he stuffed a overhead camera shot of the field into the ref's chest pocket. He was complaining about a missed call by the refs and he wouldn't let it go. Long story short they lost the game and he recently went onto NFL Field Pass for an interview explaining about how embarassing and unprofessional he behaved.

Whining and complaining long into the week after the games are over isn't a high road in my meagre opinion.

BTW, I forgot to add that you may be right about Tuna complaining publicly about calls. I don't know his entire history prior to coming to Dallas, but I do know that in the time he has been at Valley Ranch he has NEVER ranted or blamed the officials for playing any undue part in a loss for the Cowboys.

He may have in the past, but my attempts to find any source material to the fact came up empty. Quite frankly, knowing how he addresses this team in the Dallas media he always puts the blame for losses squarely on the team and this off season he has taken the blame for last year's record.

This man is all about high percentage, mistake free ball and he hasn't wavered from that belief in the three years I have been following him as coach of the Cowboys.

Go SKINS!

It is also great to know that you are an ass. Atleast the true fans on this board know whom to look out for, DC12.

Don't ever, ever mock Jesus Christ and coach Gibb's belief. Because, believe me, compared to you, he is perfect and can do no wrong. If you want to try and be one ounce of the man Gibbs is, go crucify yourself. Of course, you'll screw that up, too. You'll never get the last nail in.

BTW, I forgot to add that you may be right about Tuna complaining publicly about calls. I don't know his entire history prior to coming to Dallas, but I do know that in the time he has been at Valley Ranch he has NEVER ranted or blamed the officials for playing any undue part in a loss for the Cowboys.

He may have in the past, but my attempts to find any source material to the fact came up empty. Quite frankly, knowing how he addresses this team in the Dallas media he always puts the blame for losses squarely on the team and this off season he has taken the blame for last year's record.

This man is all about high percentage, mistake free ball and he hasn't wavered from that belief in the three years I have been following him as coach of the Cowboys.

I understand what you're saying about this whole thing. But you seem to make it sound as is Gibbs is only focusing, and whining, on the Refs bad calls. Which he isn't, he stated on many occasions that there are problems that are his fault, and the teams fault. He even said that it shouldn't have to come down to a bad call.

If you've seen any of the games in question (this year and last) you'll understand why Joe has made mention of these bad calls that cause us to lose games. Joe last season always placed the blame on himself to fix the problems, he didn't say anything about the refs. If he saw a bad call, he'd say that the team would review it and go from there, but he never really said anything critical of the refs. I don't think it was until the Packers game that Joe Gibbs started being a little more critical, and if you saw that game you'd understand why. When you see that you had an opportunity to go in the lead, only for it to be taken away on a bogus illegal motion call, and then on the next play you see one of your guys get interfered with and have the ball intercepted, it's going to piss you off, and I think that was the last straw with Joe.

This season, there were also a few glaring errors, in the Denver game and this past one, again considering how inept these guys have been, I think he has every right to go out there and say that the refs need to be more careful. But don't think for one second Joe is blaming the refs for us losing, he's blamed the turnovers, he's blamed the blown assignments, he's blamed himself most of all, but he's made notice that there were also several bad calls that affected the game. And that's the problem, when a few guys have the ability to completely change the outcome of a play, of a game, it's frustrating when you've seen them (more than once) make glaring mistakes that cause you to lose a game, or rather takes away your opportunity to win a game for yourself. So, yes Joe has been critical of the refs, but as he's said plenty of times before, he can understand losing and he takes the blame, but when the refs control your destiny as much as they do, and make the wrong call it makes it even more concerning.

Archived