Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What did Coach Gibbs mean?

Gracelander

This might be a dumb question but i'm very curious, I was listening to some of Joe's press conference today on the radio and he was talking about the buc's 2 point conversion and that he was thought his elbow was down and that he was going to turn it into the league, then talking about a jersey being pulled on another play that lead to an interception, he was going to turn it into the league. My question is, what does he mean by turning it in. And what effect does it have if any? Is it more so the officials will be more observant next time? Obviously it can't change the outcome of the game so I'm just wondering what's meant by it. Thanks

:logo:

The league will effectively say "up yours!" and then tell the refs to keep screwing the Skins!

they told us that in preseason....the memo was on Gibbs desk...he called and told me about it...i was appauled.........................he was angry.................................i like ice cream

The mistaken call is never changed. Many bad calls have changed the direction of games. When a franchise/organization files a written report with ireffutable proof of negligence in the call, this written report is accepted as an essential document which never dies. No referree is shackled for incorrect assessment. However, I believe that at another instance, say a call which could very well go in favor of our opponent in a home game may without further review fall favorably for the Redskins. One call balances with another, and not necessarily in the same game. At least that is how I have assumed referrees kiss and makeup with NFL teams. Hail Redskins!

Oh that woiuld be great a call in another game may go our way because the Tampa refs blew not one but two consecutive calls esentially giving the game to the home team .

I feel much better knowing WE may get the benifit of the doubt in a meeningless game in January than have a game called correctly in November which would have given us the joint lead in the division.

The more I look at this the more I think the NFL has to serously address this urgently as what it amounts to is games are being fixed by officials .

As Gibbs says it is not supposed to come to this but this is what it comes down to .

The officials with the fewest bad calls during the season make it to the postseason I believe. With the best making it to the Super Bowl. So all teams want the best crews to make it in.

That's where they will get to call Super Bowl XL: Washington vs. Victim #4 :D

:raidersuc

Nothing will happen. And, again, because the refs in this league are NOT held accountable, they will continue to make bad calls. It truly is sad.

The force out call and the 2-point conversion are 2 of the worst calls I've seen in a while. I'm amazed at what these refs get away with. Do these tools even get reprimanded for crap like that?

Joe should talk about how his team nver should have been in the position where he has to file the complaints in the first place. The Skins should have blown the bucs away - instead they stunk it up and gave the game away to a Pop Warner league QB. They have only themselves to blame for this one: fumbles, INTs, blown coverages......if you stand back and look at it objectively...it was a really poor effort at key times.

I do remember ther first JG string of teams - and they never played this badly/inconsistently with such regularity.

hopefully it will at least make refs think a little more next time they do a skins game

Bull ****!! The Zibras do this INTENTIONALLY, only to Us. The other teams are JELOUS and SCARED because Gibbs came back to kick every one's ars. They can't beat us in the game, so they cheat... pay the refs to screw things up. .....I like ice cream too :laugh:

Joe should talk about how his team nver should have been in the position where he has to file the complaints in the first place. The Skins should have blown the bucs away - instead they stunk it up and gave the game away to a Pop Warner league QB. They have only themselves to blame for this one: fumbles, INTs, blown coverages......if you stand back and look at it objectively...it was a really poor effort at key times.

I do remember ther first JG string of teams - and they never played this badly/inconsistently with such regularity.

Joe IS talking about that, he always has. Skins DID blow the bucks. But the Zebras screwed it up. Beside the two point conversion, that field goal block was vaild. As soon as you pick up the ball, every one's free to run. Shawn Spring is FAST. The Refs have never seen such a fast play and decided to call it OFF SIDE.

Since Taylor and Portis were fined simply for wearing "non-regulation" equipment, i.e. Cool socks, I believe the refs should be finded for BLOWING THE DAMN GAME!

I know, there's probably quite a difference in salary between a player and a ref, but come on man!

Your a moron.. They did not stink it up. .Both teams played a hell of a game.. Use that useless lump on the top of your neck for once.

Goth....my my aren't we quite the intellect today!

They did stink it up when it counted: ints, fumbles, blown coverages...whether your "insightful" analysis marries up with mine is irrelevant.

now....hush hush sweet child.....real people with real work have things to do......please try to quel your two year old ego....it's routinely embarrassing to have to read your rants.....

The squabbling amongst ourselves does noone any good gang..... a little of the well-known mutual respect might go a long way here.

And on the thread topic, sending complaints to the league does nothing, it's like peeing yourself in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody really notices. Expect the ref-rape to continue......

It's a little-known fact, but for the past ten years or so, the Skins have led the league in apologies from the league on blown calls.

Word is we're either going to be awarded a first-round pick or Retroactive Lombardi Trophy as compensation.

Archived