Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We TRUST GIBBS but do we TRUST GW? (Merged)

GO GO SKINS

I have trust in Greg Williams. I don't understand why the hostilities towards him. He has not played a single down on defense. It's true he is the coach, but he has to have players in their to execute. The Redskins have no pass rusher on the D-line. Therefore, their best chance to pressure the QB is to blitz. The chances of getting burned increases when a defense blitzes. Especially when a corner is struggling as bad as Walt Harris.

I don't understand some of the defensive schemes that were called. Like why we played so much zone. But then, on the last touchdown, we got burned with man-to-man.

So I trust the coaches who get paid because they know what they are doing.

Sean Taylor not playing was a big loss. Other than that, it was just a rough night for the defensive backs.

I definately trust in JOE GIBBS, but GREG WILLIAMS is still suspect to me. I say that because he is still making the same mistakes with the defense as he had earlier in the season.

Joe Gibbs is in the hall of fame for a reason. Its AMAZING the turnaround the offense has had in one year of adjustments. I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought Id see the following out of a joe gibbs offense:

1. Shotgun

2. 4 WR

3. Shotgun, empty backfield (WTF?)

You cant tell me we didnt have Tampa on its heels in the second half. Joe is the master, and hes STILL GETTING ADJUSTED! Thats scary. We are in good hands on O.

D is very suspect. I think last year, teams didnt have to beat us on O, just dont do anything stupid, score 14 points, and you beat us. This year, teams are WAYYYYY more aggressive on O cause they know we can drive down the field and score on them. We didnt have that problem last year. Teams played High school O (a bit extreme I know, but you know what I mean!) and could beat us.

We are averaging 20 points a game right now, but we have left SOOOO many points on the board its asinine. Kansas, redzone turnover, Phily, redzone turnover, Chicago, redzone turnover. I dont know how many turnovers on the opponents side of the field. We also need a 2nd WR. How Moss gets deep in games is amazing to me, being that he is the focal point of WR. Truly a special player. This dude makes at least 1 big play a game, if not 3 or 4. He has more 20 yard catches than Steve Smith and more 40 Yard catches. AMAZING!!!

Its got to the point where teams are more concerned about out O than our D!! Now granted, I think if we have Taylor in there, Simms isnt making NEARLY as many Deep balls like that, but still in all.

To answer your question, do I trust GW, yes, Hell yes, but not NEARLY as much as I trust Joe Gibbs.

the defensive scheme is great.

If GW has a failing, its believing he has the same talent level on the 'D' he had last year, or even the year before.

He doesnt.

Walt Harris is OK but no Champ or Smoot. He cant be out there by himself, he needs help. Carlos is still a rookie and is getting scorched regularly. Lemar Marshall has filled in pretty well at MLB, but he isnt as good as Pierce was. Losing those 3 guys over the past 2 years is starting to catch up to the defense, in addition to all the injuries. Springs remains the bright spot.

Once he gets the talent that can actually handle his scheme back on the field, things will straighten out. Unfortunately that wont be until next year.

Until then we'll have to hope that his makeshift secondary can do just enough to eek the team by the close ones .. unlike yesterday.

Joe Gibbs is in the hall of fame for a reason. Its AMAZING the turnaround the offense has had in one year of adjustments. I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought Id see the following out of a joe gibbs offense:

1. Shotgun

2. 4 WR

3. Shotgun, empty backfield (WTF?)

You cant tell me we didnt have Tampa on its heels in the second half. Joe is the master, and hes STILL GETTING ADJUSTED! Thats scary. We are in good hands on O.

D is very suspect. I think last year, teams didnt have to beat us on O, just dont do anything stupid, score 14 points, and you beat us. This year, teams are WAYYYYY more aggressive on O cause they know we can drive down the field and score on them. We didnt have that problem last year. Teams played High school O (a bit extreme I know, but you know what I mean!) and could beat us.

We are averaging 20 points a game right now, but we have left SOOOO many points on the board its asinine. Kansas, redzone turnover, Phily, redzone turnover, Chicago, redzone turnover. I dont know how many turnovers on the opponents side of the field. We also need a 2nd WR. How Moss gets deep in games is amazing to me, being that he is the focal point of WR. Truly a special player. This dude makes at least 1 big play a game, if not 3 or 4. He has more 20 yard catches than Steve Smith and more 40 Yard catches. AMAZING!!!

Its got to the point where teams are more concerned about out O than our D!! Now granted, I think if we have Taylor in there, Simms isnt making NEARLY as many Deep balls like that, but still in all.

To answer your question, do I trust GW, yes, Hell yes, but not NEARLY as much as I trust Joe Gibbs.

Nice post! : :)

I definately trust in JOE GIBBS, but GREG WILLIAMS is still suspect to me. I say that because he is still making the same mistakes with the defense as he had earlier in the season.

well it doesnt help that Taylor isn't playing, Griffin is also out and then Walt Harris is just plain lost. I mean the guy couldnt coversomebody with a kingsize quilt.

but the real blame here should be place on Snyder and Spurrier for signing Coles because that 12 million dollar cap hit from Coleskept the Skins from signing somebody really good. I would guess that that 12 million dollars is gonna go to good use in February.

I feel so bad for gibbs. He comes in here, makes all the right decisions, and turns our offense around. I want so much for him to have success in his 2nd tenure. But Williams' D is the only reason we're 5-4 as opposed to 9-1. Our offense has gotten it done in all the games we lost (except the giants game), but our D blew it big time.

I am questioning GW's mistake of calling the all of these blitzes when CLEARLY they are not penetrating the QB. Think about it.

Not only that, I was very uncomfortable with the blitz consistantly coming from our corners. You shouldn't gamble this often with a banged up secondary.

I still trust Gregg Williams.

We are not getting ANY pressure on the QB from our front four. Which is causing our DB's to have to stay in coverage longer. We need a stud pass rusher. We can't continue to rely, only on our Linebackers to get pressure on the QB. Yesterday it seemed like Salave'a was the only one getting any pressure on the QB. We really missed Griff in my opinion.

Gregg Williams is a proven defensive mastermind. Last year wasn't a fluke. He built a great defense in tennessee, and he built a great defense in buffalo. I think he's done pretty well considering we have no one on our defensive line who can rush the passer, and we seem to have someone big out every week.

It wasnt the system it was the players. The only thing i blame GW is misjudging the talent of our"backups" harris and preilou (spelling) put sum butter on those suckas because they were toasted. i still have faith in GW he just has to utilize what he has shouldnt have left thos backups by themeselves.

I'm offically forsaking the " Anti Walt Harris" threads. Or any other threads that are on some ol "our players are awful". For now on I'm just going to trust GW on the decision to start who he sees as the best. I don't watch practice so I cant see if Rogers (no d) is ready or not.

P.S.

I think we will win out :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Archived