Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why this game can be a blessing

skinsarethebest

Is this perhaps the most painful Skins loss in the last two years, in the Gibbs era?

I would have to say yes -- this hurts even more than that Green Bay game at Fed Ex last year, when in mind-boggling fashion, the refs totally screwed the Skins out of a victory

this probably hurts even more than that Cowboys loss last year where we had all but wrapped up the game, but lost it at the end

BUT, here's how you turn a negative into a positive

as sadistic as this might sound, Gibbs really ought to have the team watch the last two minutes of the Bucs game before every upcoming game this season -- why? to remind them NOT to get too high on themselves -- to remember to fight tooth and nail for 60 minutes of every game -- to never assume that anything's a given in this league -- heck, maybe Gibbs should keep a VHS copy of the last two minutes of that game with him and just show it to the team during halftime of every upcoming game -- if THAT won't motivate the players, I don't know what will

if the coaching staff can bring this game up and actually keep it FRESH in the players' minds for the rest of the season, this just might be what can get us over the hump and on to the playoffs -- I predict that if this team DOESN'T forget just how bitter this loss really was, they might actually be pissed off enough to not lose another game this season -- which is just how I would like it

basically, football is all about psychology -- haven't you noticed how teams that are coming off a BIG win more often than not have a huge letdown the following week (ahem -- the Giants game, two weeks ago)? -- there is enough to be riled up about in this one single travesty of a game this past Sunday that should leave a sour taste in every real Skin's mouth for a VERY LONG TIME -- but the beauty of this is that this happened at a point that's NOT too late for the rest of the season -- if ever there were a cure for COMPLACENCY, which is probably what has kept this team from reaching its true potential and what leads to debacles like the Giants game which just happened to follow a 52-17 drubbing of the Niners, THIS past Sundays' game was it -- maybe, just maybe, this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and finally puts a nasty, mean streak, that killer instinct, that proverbial chip on the shoulder, in the Skins for the remainder of the season, which, if you ask me, isn't really a bad thing after all

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

It's very difficult to see a silver lining in this loss. It's another terrible dissapointment in a situation where we had a chance to move near the top of the NFC. That's one thing that sucks about the NFL. Losing one game by the slimmest of margins can ruin your season. And when the ref blows a call in the deciding play of that game, it hurts more.

Having said that, they still hold their destiny in their hands and have a chance to overcome this blow. Maybe this can be a motivational tool but they should aleady be playing all-out for 60 minutes.

I hope we can all look back at this game in January and have a good laugh about how worried we were.

Here's the deal as I see it. The Skins have absolutely thrown away three of their four losses this year and won one game by a miracle. If all things were sane, they would be 7 and 2. Instead they're 5 and 4 and my stomach's in knots. I figure I can take about one or two more stupid losses this year, tops, and then I'm going to go back to rooting for my favorite player in all of sports, Kwame Brown.

It was a hard fought game on both sides.

You hate to let a win slip away and I really feel like we did that.

I'm not sure I see the silver lining thing, but I appreciate your attempt.

I think we just have a way to go yet to get better.

I get tied of the whole ref bashing (even by the coaches).

Get over it and go get ready to play the next one.

Take the refs out of the game by superior play and you won't have to worry about it.

That's what good teams do.

The NFLs a crazy place. You could argue we could easily be 7-2. You could easily say we were a heartbeat away from 3-6 (minus a couple miracle TD throws and a 'doinked' FG attempt that bounced wide). Theres no predicting in todays NFL. If we want to get to the playoffs, we're going to have to be lucky AND good and play every game like its our last - and its the same everywhere else in the NFL.

The NFLs a crazy place. You could argue we could easily be 7-2. You could easily say we were a heartbeat away from 3-6 (minus a couple miracle TD throws and a 'doinked' FG attempt that bounced wide). Theres no predicting in todays NFL. If we want to get to the playoffs, we're going to have to be lucky AND good and play every game like its our last - and its the same everywhere else in the NFL.

very nice:applause:

The Skins control their own destiny in the NFC East still. They need to shutup, buck up and start winning. If they can score 35 against the "#1" defense, they can put up points on any team... now will they is a different question, and will Griffin and Taylor please come back...

Archived