Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Alexander: If Clinton wasnt there I'd be there in a heartbeat.

LiveStrongSkins

CP is our guy, but if he wasn't there, I'd love to have SA. He's a little more of a bruising back than Clinton, but also has speed and moves.

I'm not so sure he's all that bruising. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I don't know that he'd be a good fit for our current running philosophy. He runs very upright and I'm not sure that's a good match with what we do...

What do I know though...he's a monster in Seattle's offense, that's for sure.

we'd ruin him just like we are doing with cp.

That really makes no sense considering Alexander would be the perfect running back for Joe Gibbs offense.

Anyway, It is interesting he said that, considering he was mentioned in the Bailey-swap rumors a while back.

we'd ruin him just like we are doing with cp.

:doh:

Yeah...because 144 yards and a TD on the #1 defense in the league is really ruining him...:doh:

I love CP personally...I think Gibbs is still learning how to use him, but eventually he will get it, and we'll be able to start expecting 1500-1600 yards a season from CP. And that run against the Eagles was awesome...I think it was a toss sweep in which he ran over like 4 Eagles players...you gotta love CP.

And Alexander is definitely not a bruising back...he normally goes down after the first hit, and avoids contact. He's more of a shifty, Barry Sandersesque runner.

Archived