Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis' Blocking

skins1206

Through all the crap that happened yesterday, i just wanted to point out that portis again showed his hustle and ability to do things besides carry the ball. He had one of his best rushing performances as a skin yesterday, but did anyone see the block on the pass cooley caught on the last series? I know he has been recognized on here for going all out but i wanted to point this out because i havent seen anyone say it yet.

Clinton Portis is the best "football player" on the team. Without two of our other top 5 "football players" we won't win many games. We need Sean Taylor and Cornelius Griffin back in full effect. We sure as heck won't beat the Chargers, Rams, and the rest of the NFC East without them.

Clinton Portis is the best "football player" on the team. Without two of our other top 5 "football players" we won't win many games. We need Sean Taylor and Cornelius Griffin back in full effect. We sure as heck won't beat the Chargers, Rams, and the rest of the NFC East without them.

Gotta agree. We need our top 5-8 healthy at all times. If we are missing multiple people of this group, we are too thin. I think are top 8 indispensable players are:

Brunell

Portis

Moss

Taylor

Griffin

Springs

Washington

Arrington

If all are healthy, we are a very good football team. :cheers:

Gotta agree. We need our top 5-8 healthy at all times. If we are missing multiple people of this group, we are too thin. I think are top 8 indispensable players are:

Brunell

Portis

Moss

Taylor

Griffin

Springs

Washington

Arrington

If all are healthy, we are a very good football team. :cheers:

Its a shame you don't list any offensive linemen. Subtract Jon Jansen and Casey Rabach and I don't believe Mark Brunell makes that list, Moss wouldn't be quite as indespensible and CP would be wearing down. The dirtbags aren't the best O-line in the NFL but Jansen and Rabach are 2 of the main reasons we are in the playoff hunt.

He is a great back, but still nowhere near the level of LT. The only other back on LT's level right now is Shuan Alexander.

Seattle has one of the best olines in football. If our line played like that for Clinton he'd have just as many yards if not more.

He is my favorite player on the team partly because he's got the heart of a lion, but what he does withouth the ball in incredible. Portis blocks like a TE and catches the ball out of the backfield very well.

I think yesterday we finally saw the the backs becoming comfortable with those strech plays and making some cutbacks when they felt it was necessary. Both Portis and Betts did a nice job of cutting back against the grain. TB's Defense is no pushover either. I expect to see more of this coming down to the end of the season, given that we aren't down and have to become one dimensional.

Clinton Portis is my hero!

Its a shame you don't list any offensive linemen. Subtract Jon Jansen and Casey Rabach and I don't believe Mark Brunell makes that list, Moss wouldn't be quite as indespensible and CP would be wearing down. The dirtbags aren't the best O-line in the NFL but Jansen and Rabach are 2 of the main reasons we are in the playoff hunt.

Listen, I know points can be made concering these eight. We've already seen what our defense looks like without Taylor and Griffin. :puke: If Moss goes down, who are we going to get production from? Thrash, Jacobs, and Patten? No way. If Brunell or Portis goes down, will Ramsey and Betts be able to carry the load? No way. If Washington or Arrington go down, will Clemmons or Holdman be able to fill in? No way. Will Harris or Rogers be able to fill in if Springs goes down? Only if Taylor isn't hurt. I'm not saying Jansen and Rabach aren't huge, but I do feel mediocre people can be filled in and a reasonable semblence of an O-Line exists. They ain't the HOGS!

Archived