Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are still in this race..

Bleeding Burgundy

People seem to forget that. Last year we we're 6-10, and I doubt we're going to do the same this season. Think about it, we put up 35 points against the 1st ranked D in the NFL, the most against them this season. Better yet, we knocked them down to second in the league. YES, there were mistakes, but a good team finds ways to overcome mistakes in a game. We were down to a point where the game may have already been lost, and the skins bounced back in dramatic fashion. Added that there were probably some "sketchy" ref calls, but I believe that the skins put up a great fight. Playoffs or NOT, this team is progressing, we've all seen it.:2cents:

unfortunately for us we have terrible players in key areas of the field. i.e. defensive line, safeties (with exception to sean taylor). No pressure on the QB, poor coverage by secondaries, and sacrificing the duties of the LBs to go after the QB to make up for the poor DL play is resulting in the increasing number of "L's" in our loss column. This has me worried that we aren't good enough to compete in this division, thus resulting in the Redskins' missing the playoffs.

Through nine games last year, we were 3-6. Through nine games this year we are 5-4 and very well could be 7-2 or 8-1. The offense is on track and Brunell, Moss, and Portis and maybe Cooley are all probowl bound.

I say let's concentrate on winning half of our games. Something tells me the matchups with Philly, Dallas, and the Giants are not going to be a given and we will have our work cut out for us when we play those teams.

We play two former Redskins coaches in the next two weeks and both will have in for us, especially Norv.

Archived