Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the Bright Side.

illone

Let’s take a quick look on the bright side here. Things seem dim right now because of the WAY we lost to Tampa, but this thread isn’t about that. Please no discussion about LAST week’s game in here as there are plenty of other threads on that.

This thread is about the FUTURE of this team and what we have to look forward to.

1. We’re still undefeated at home. With two winnable upcoming home games we have a good shot at being 7-4 heading into the St.L game. Our defense will be rested by then and healthier. Expect a better road performance when we head to St Louis. Same goes for AZ.

2. We are still 2-1 in the NFCE. A lot can happen between now and Jan 2006, so don’t turn your jersey in just yet. The Giants proved they are not indestructible by dropping a game to the Vikings. Eli looked like, well, a 2nd year QB yesterday.

3. Our defense has shown spots of greatness throughout the year. We have slipped a little bit, but if you look closely you’ll find that in the beginning of the year we were gashed with big run plays against us. In recent weeks it’s been team’s ability to throw the ball that has hurt us the most as we have stopped the run. All we have to do is combine the two and we have a formidable defense. Don’t discount injuries, either. We’ve been banged up on that side of the ball all year and players like Lavar returning from injury and rookie Carlos Rogers are still a work in progress.

4. Our offense is top notch. Portis just gashed the #1 run defense in the NFL for 144 yards. I give the oline their due on that, they really stepped up in recent weeks to give Portis some space to run. Brunell is still playing well despite a few mental mistakes, but I trust him under center. His ability to shake off horrible INT’s and come back and throw TDs is why he will continue to start for this squad. I believe we have one of the better QBs in the entire NFL right now. Last year this team didn’t have the character to overcome what happened in the 1st half of the TB game. Now we do.

All in all we have plenty to be happy about. Remember this is a Joe Gibbs coached football team. Expect us to finish strong and NOT give up, something you did not see from us for 11 years in Gibbs absence. This year you see more of something that has been missing in years gone by: Character. The same character that was instilled in us when Gibbs won Super Bowls is becoming evident in this football team. More and more each week this team is showing signs of greatness. We are one fumble and a couple bad calls away from being 8-1.

Keep the faith.

Good thread. The Tampa game was so yesterday, and outside of our mistakes, no one with the exception of the Giants has beat us. We are our own worst enemy.

Exactly. I see us improving each week and as soon as we figure out how to reduce the turnovers we're gonna be a force.

hey, we're still above .500 after week 10 , not many people outside of us here would have thought that. it could be a lot worse.

Good point. I just want to finish above 500 this year. That would be a great improvement. We played hard yesterday and the ball did not bounce our way.

Lets get excited for this sunday against NORV and company.

hey, we're still above .500 after week 10 , not many people outside of us here would have thought that. it could be a lot worse.

Exactly, much better than we were last year at this time and improving each week. Just wait until our defense plays a complete game. It's coming;).

Archived