Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you ever wish you became a comic book nerd instead?

Art Monk 4 HOF

Not to offend any comic book nerds, because you can be a comic book nerd and a sports fan, too. I'm just using that as an example anyway. Seriously, do you ever wish you could go back in time to the precise point where you decided you loved sports and became a rabid sports fan, just so you could make a different choice. Losses like yesterday are just getting way too painful. I couldn't sleep a lick last night and I skipped all my classes today. I hate that it affects me this much, but it does. I deserve to be happy, damnit! How much simpler my life would be if I just decided to be a social outcast. How stressful can the life of a comic book nerd really be?

Not to offend any comic book nerds, because you can be a comic book nerd and a sports fan, too. I'm just using that as an example anyway. Seriously, do you ever wish you could go back in time to the precise point where you decided you loved sports and became a rabid sports fan, just so you could make a different choice. Losses like yesterday are just getting way too painful. I couldn't sleep a lick last night and I skipped all my classes today. I hate that it affects me this much, but it does. I deserve to be happy, damnit! How much simpler my life would be if I just decided to be a social outcast. How stressful can the life of a comic book nerd really be?

Careful, although I'm a comic book nerd, I'm no social outcast. :) And trust me, my life is plenty stressful.

Being a comic nerd myself (Hey, look at my sig!), I have no regrets being a sports fan and living or dieing on the fortunes of a sports team. My father has never understood my obsession. ("Why don't you root for a winning team.", he would always say.) There is a certain something to feel like you are a part of something, even if it is only on the sidelines.

BTW, being a comic book nerd is a rather expensive habit.

Jason

Someone in the offseason on these boards mentioned the Skins are like Ike Turner. They make you think everything is going to be ok before the season but by the end they are beating you with the mic stand. Sunday was a good example of this. :)

:laugh: and :doh: at the same time. So true...

We are a bunch of grown men and women with jobs and families. And we are crying over watching a bunch of millionaires run around in helmets.

Are you really trying to argue that we are not nerds?

I feel like a jilted lover right now but I wouldn't have it any other way. Better to have love and lost than never have loved at all.

The way I'm rationalizing this hearbreaking defeat is simple though. How many times over the past 10 years have we ****ed and moaned about the Redskins pathetic and futile efforts? A bajillion gazillion? At least? This team is fighting until the bitter end and outcomes are decided by the dudes in the stripes. It's painful, but we're not rolling over any more. Remember the Norval/Nolan years when teams would sock us in the mouth in the first quarter and we'd fold like a cheap lawn chair? We're a contender in the most brutal division in the league. Fear not.

I'm both.

I collected until about 1998 for about five years..then reading them felt like a chore and I was burned out. However about year ago I began reading aain and they were fun again...so once again I am collecting them. As far as the Skins go...been a fan since 1973 and there is no other team I will pull for. Days like these though after a loss....I boycott ESPN and many other sports shows.

Archived