Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proselytizing the Board for Not Thinking Thread (Merged)

Mark911

I'm sure this one will get alot of really nice replies:

I've been looking over the board and noticed alot of really stupid threads, with alot of really stupid posts. I'm really as pissed as anyone else that we lost the game yesterday, I don't think we should have, and I don't really think we did. But some people really need to think before they start spouting off that "Harris lost the game for us", "The Lavar leap doesn't work", "We need to involve Santana deep more", and so on.

First of all, yes Harris gave up big plays yesterday and he's given up big plays alot of the season. But by saying Harris lost the game, you could just as easily have said that, the score being what it was, Brunell lost the game with the fumble. The recievers who didn't hang onto the pass, tipping the ball into the air for the int lost us the game. Portis and the O-line lost us the game because we didn't convert on our final third down. Betts not catching that ?2nd? down pass on the final drive lost us the game. Get the point? We can pick any failed play and say that play alone lost us the game.

Second, the Lavar leap almost did work the first time when Alstot went over the top for the TD. Lavar got up and good contact, watch the replay and you can see the collision. It just happened that Alstot had more momentum than Lavar and he got the score. Choosing to do the same thing on the 2-pt conversion was only a logical guess. It didn't work out. You can't blame him for giving it a shot, and you can't say that it doesn't work in the NFL. After all, there were 10 other defenders on the field who could have and did make the stop, regarless what the refs said.

Involving Santana more? Don't you think if we could have made the big strike to Santana we would have? Don't you think Gibbs, Brunell, Moss, everyone would like to see a huge touchdown pass at least once a game? We were going against the number one defense in the league, regardless if they were on the skids or not. This game is football, and in this game, Wide Recievers catch passes. As a defense, to counter these wide recievers catching those passes, a defense employs CB's and safeties to try to thwart these attempts by opposing offenses. We know we have the offense now. If we're not going deep, there's probably a good reason.

Also, saying that it never should have come down to 2-pt conversion being the deciding factor; this is football, in a game between two good teams it's gonna be close. Many games will come down to the last play, many games will go to overtime. There's no point in saying it shouldn't have came to that, that is the nature of the game. Look at the stats. By the stats, you can't say "it shouldn't have come to that". The stats are too close. Sure, if we would have played better offense and better defense, it shouldn't have come to that. If we would have been tighter in converage, it shouldn't have come to that. But we didn't, and it did. This again is the nature of the game. We've had replay back for quite a few years now. The refs should be able to get it right, i don't think they did. The question is in a situation like that do you side with the offense or defense, then go to review. I guess yesterday the home team got the benefit of the doubt.

Again, this is my opinion. I'm reading these posts in other threads and it really just seems like a bunch of wining and buck passing. Please, think about what you're saying before you go and get diarrhea of the mouth.

And stop jumping off the damn bandwagon after every loss. Stop saying it's so and so's fault after every broken play. After a win, we're going to the playoffs. After we lose a close one, we're finishing 6-10. You're really gonna have to make up your mind on whether you believe or not.

Yesterday was what it was. Walt Harris didn't lose, Mark Brunnel didn't lose. The Redskins lost. Face it.

I agree with what you are saying, but I absolutely still feel we need to get Moss involved earlier with deep shots. TB had steve smith bottled up last week, but Carolina kept going to it and it wore out the DB's. Against a cover 2, Moss has the speed to get past the CB and be one on one with the safety. I'm not swiping the coaches for this not happening, it has more to do with the swiss cheese protection. A team with a good DE, shuts down Moss without even knowing it.

By a DE getting in Brunells face, that is shutting down Moss

Our O-line sucks. It was a bit better yesterday blocking for the run, or maybe it was a combination of different plays, along with poor tackling.

Even in max protect people are getting too much pressure on Brunell. However, remember the Dallas game when people were all over him and he was able to hit Santana deep.

Our O-line sucks. It was a bit better yesterday blocking for the run, or maybe it was a combination of different plays, along with poor tackling.

Even in max protect people are getting too much pressure on Brunell. However, remember the Dallas game when people were all over him and he was able to hit Santana deep.

I agree. Samuels and Jansen need to play with more of a swagger. Some games they look like the best pair of tackles in the game, then in others they look lost.

Thats not a shot at Moss. With the constant pressure we cant get it to him deep at times because Mark Brunell is being hounded. By a DE getting in Brunells face, that is shutting down Moss.

You can't go deep if you don't have time for the play to develop.

Also, this is never going to be a team where deep shots will be taken early. It just isn't within Gibbs to do that.

Personally, I'm pretty amazed that Moss can still get open as much as he can, without a guy on the other side. Patton is practically dead weight right now, and is not nearly the player Moss is. Makes me wonder how long we can continue to play with him in the game.

Jason

You can't go deep if you don't have time for the play to develop.

Also, this is never going to be a team where deep shots will be taken early. It just isn't within Gibbs to do that.

Personally, I'm pretty amazed that Moss can still get open as much as he can, without a guy on the other side. Patton is practically dead weight right now, and is not nearly the player Moss is. Makes me wonder how long we can continue to play with him in the game.

Jason

I think two changes should be made, but I am not claiming to be a coach. I think it is time for Rogers to get the nod and I think it is time for Jacobs to get his shot at the #2. Patten just has never gotten into a rhythm here, and at times on deep balls it looks like he is just trying to draw a flag. He got bullied by Boldin for the first pick, that absolutely cant happen. That is a killer.

Ive seen so many threads with so many redskins fan whining and ****ing about the last play of the game. ive seen redskins fans posting pics and trying to make a point and looking foolish. ive seen skins fan saying alstott had it in his left hand. give me a break. ive seen some redskins fans saying his right elbow never touched the line. here is a reminder. the ball does not have to completely cross the goal line. the tip of the ball just has to touch the goal line to be good. If im wrong, please someone correct me. it seems like not many of us understand that. looking at some of those pics, alstott did make the 2 pt conversion.

why are we missing the obvious? Listen, as a redskins fan, its o.k to criticize your own team. say it with me. OUr D-line is horrendous. no pressure on the QB. harris is pathetic. OUr d is overrated. samuel is over-paid. offside on the extra pt was something a high schooler would do. still couldve gone overtime and a new ball game. 3 and 2 with a chance to end the game with a first down. what we do? run it up the gut.

i want to win games and win them without the freaking refs determining the outcome of the game. to do this, we must take care of our business. we must get the first down when it was 3 and 2. win or lose without the help of the refs. thats how skins used to win all the time gibb's first time around.

offside on the extra pt was something a high schooler would do.

It wasn't a bad off sides until the Bucs decided to go for 2. They were off sides because they were trying to jump the snap count to block the kick and preserve the win. I don't believe they though TB would end up going for the conversion. Whether that's good thinking or not, I don't know. I didn't fault them for making the effort on the block.

The ball must "break the plane" of the goal line. To me, breaking means, well, breaking. The tip of the ball hitting the goal line does not constitute breaking the plane of the goal line. However I may be wrong too.

Ive seen so many threads with so many redskins fan whining and ****ing about the last play of the game. ive seen redskins fans posting pics and trying to make a point and looking foolish. ive seen skins fan saying alstott had it in his left hand. give me a break. ive seen some redskins fans saying his right elbow never touched the line. here is a reminder. the ball does not have to completely cross the goal line. the tip of the ball just has to touch the goal line to be good. If im wrong, please someone correct me. it seems like not many of us understand that. looking at some of those pics, alstott did make the 2 pt conversion.

why are we missing the obvious? Listen, as a redskins fan, its o.k to criticize your own team. say it with me. OUr D-line is horrendous. no pressure on the QB. harris is pathetic. OUr d is overrated. samuel is over-paid. offside on the extra pt was something a high schooler would do. still couldve gone overtime and a new ball game. 3 and 2 with a chance to end the game with a first down. what we do? run it up the gut.

i want to win games and win them without the freaking refs determining the outcome of the game. to do this, we must take care of our business. we must get the first down when it was 3 and 2. win or lose without the help of the refs. thats how skins used to win all the time gibb's first time around.

Are you sure that you are a SKins fan?? :doh:

I'm sure this one will get alot of really nice replies:

I've been looking over the board and noticed alot of really stupid threads, with alot of really stupid posts. I'm really as pissed as anyone else that we lost the game yesterday, I don't think we should have, and I don't really think we did. But some people really need to think before they start spouting off that "Harris lost the game for us", "The Lavar leap doesn't work", "We need to involve Santana deep more", and so on.

First of all, yes Harris gave up big plays yesterday and he's given up big plays alot of the season. But by saying Harris lost the game, you could just as easily have said that, the score being what it was, Brunell lost the game with the fumble. The recievers who didn't hang onto the pass, tipping the ball into the air for the int lost us the game. Portis and the O-line lost us the game because we didn't convert on our final third down. Betts not catching that ?2nd? down pass on the final drive lost us the game. Get the point? We can pick any failed play and say that play alone lost us the game.

Second, the Lavar leap almost did work the first time when Alstot went over the top for the TD. Lavar got up and good contact, watch the replay and you can see the collision. It just happened that Alstot had more momentum than Lavar and he got the score. Choosing to do the same thing on the 2-pt conversion was only a logical guess. It didn't work out. You can't blame him for giving it a shot, and you can't say that it doesn't work in the NFL. After all, there were 10 other defenders on the field who could have and did make the stop, regarless what the refs said.

Involving Santana more? Don't you think if we could have made the big strike to Santana we would have? Don't you think Gibbs, Brunell, Moss, everyone would like to see a huge touchdown pass at least once a game? We were going against the number one defense in the league, regardless if they were on the skids or not. This game is football, and in this game, Wide Recievers catch passes. As a defense, to counter these wide recievers catching those passes, a defense employs CB's and safeties to try to thwart these attempts by opposing offenses. We know we have the offense now. If we're not going deep, there's probably a good reason.

Also, saying that it never should have come down to 2-pt conversion being the deciding factor; this is football, in a game between two good teams it's gonna be close. Many games will come down to the last play, many games will go to overtime. There's no point in saying it shouldn't have came to that, that is the nature of the game. Look at the stats. By the stats, you can't say "it shouldn't have come to that". The stats are too close. Sure, if we would have played better offense and better defense, it shouldn't have come to that. If we would have been tighter in converage, it shouldn't have come to that. But we didn't, and it did. This again is the nature of the game. We've had replay back for quite a few years now. The refs should be able to get it right, i don't think they did. The question is in a situation like that do you side with the offense or defense, then go to review. I guess yesterday the home team got the benefit of the doubt.

Again, this is my opinion. I'm reading these posts in other threads and it really just seems like a bunch of wining and buck passing. Please, think about what you're saying before you go and get diarrhea of the mouth.

And stop jumping off the damn bandwagon after every loss. Stop saying it's so and so's fault after every broken play. After a win, we're going to the playoffs. After we lose a close one, we're finishing 6-10. You're really gonna have to make up your mind on whether you believe or not.

Yesterday was what it was. Walt Harris didn't lose, Mark Brunnel didn't lose. The Redskins lost. Face it.

Totally agree. I think the problem might be that this board is being overrun with whiny little ****es. I still love extreme though. I think I'm going to stay away on Mondays. I'm out...

Sorry but 35 points should be good enough to beat any team, our offense has done more then they were ask. We were missing 2 great starters and it really showed with Taylor being out, again Walt Harris just couldnt cover and do his job plain and simple. With our starting Defense we win by 14

This is another prime example. People quoting newcasters on Monday morning.

True, in most situations, 35'll do it. But in other situations, it calls for more. It calls for not turning the ball over on offense and giving great field position gift wrapped.

We didn't play a BAD game, but pass it all around...

Offense had Screw ups, Defense had it's screw ups, refs screwed up....

There was still another bobbled kickoff, but special teams looked better. Just before Betts ripped it loose I was thinking "What the hell is Betts still doing back there"....

Its the bandwagoners who jump off at every loss...let them jump off. If they can't see the positives from the game, then obviously they are not true fans who have watched year after year, and bleed burgondy and gold.

If people can't see that we played the top defense in the NFL, and scored 35...yup 35 points, and moved the ball almost at will, then let them get off the wagon. We don't need the dead weight. People complain about how Patten never gets his shots...well, those people got their wish, it looked more like Brunell was trying to use him as the number 1 receiver in the beginning. Fact is, Brunell, and Patten don't have the rythym yet, but if they keep trying to get the ball to him like they did, then the chemistry between those two will develop as well, which we know we'll need at the end of the season. The NFC is still open, this conference, and division will go to the wire, so all the wagoners who are still on here who haven't jumped off yet...have faith...and for those that are jumping off....stay off, we don't need the negativity...it ticks people off.

Archived