Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and Long...No Lavar

SonnyRules

Can someone help me understand why Lavar sits on the bench in 3rd down situations?

If he is the beast and playmaker we think he is; why does Williams pull him out on third downs?

Confused :rubeyes:

How many sacks does Lavar have? hell how many QB hurries does he have. There was only one time I can remember him at Simms feet.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

It's pretty hard to hurry the qb from the sidelines.

Really I thought Lavar started. I'm also talking about the other times he blitzed and has been picked up. Maybe he'd be in on third and long if he could get to the QB on either first or second down. Again how many sacks does he have.

Not trying to bash Lavar, he's played great against the run, just don't go thinking he's LT or the late Derrick Thomas.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Not trying to bash Lavar, he's played great against the run, just don't go thinking he's LT or the late Derrick Thomas.

That's funny you mention that because he use to be terrible against the run. Now he may be learning to control his agressiveness and focus on the details of tackling the defender instead of freelancing, or whatever, to get to the quarterback. I believe overall he is getting better and can only help the defense from this point forward. But he does have to be on the field.

And what's up with all the mentionings of packages? Does it matter seeing that Tampa scored at will, with the exception of like 2 drives yesterday. Just put your best players on the field and call those packages that envolve them. Who cares about the other so called "packages" when your getting torched by Chris Simms.:mad:

This is the third straight week where I have seen this exact same thread created, "Why is lavar not in on 3rd downs".... Get over it ppl, we don't make the personel changes, maybe because of his play on 1st and 2nd down then he is tired. I doubt that Williams is trying to do anything more or less than put his best players out on the field as much as possible. Lavar hasn't made the impact on the pass rush that everyone was saying he would earlier in the year, and maybe he isn't into game shape yet because of all the time he was not playing, I am not completely sure, but why do I have to keep seeing the same thread pop up every week.... JEEZ PPL!!!!!!

Archived