Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insulted

Bigredskin77

Guest sith lord
How do YOU KNOW that he doesn't? Just because he doesn't act like an ass on the sideline like Gruden? Gibbs has a reputation of treating his players like men, not embarrassing them on the field. Do you really think that Gibbs doesn't talk to his players about protecting the football? That he just ignores it and whistles a happy tune? Get real, that is an inane argument.

In his first go round as coach, he used to get after his players. I remember the Monday night game in 91 against the Cowboys, the season the Skins won the SuperBowl. Mark Rypien threw an interception and Gibbs tore him a new one, right their on the sidelines.

How do YOU KNOW that he doesn't? Just because he doesn't act like an ass on the sideline like Gruden? Gibbs has a reputation of treating his players like men, not embarrassing them on the field. Do you really think that Gibbs doesn't talk to his players about protecting the football? That he just ignores it and whistles a happy tune? Get real, that is an inane argument.

He doesnt have to embarrass his players on the field. He can tall all he wants that aint gonna do nothin. Its like me and father when i was young. He can talk about whippin my a$$ all he wants to. But if he never does it, how can i take him seriously. Getting on your players on the field is not embarrissing them. Its getting their mind focused and making sure they do right. Dont just let anything happen on the field. Thats why walt harris got burnt so much last night. Guys are just giving up touchdowns every game like its nothin. I can understand getting burnt, but not 3 or 4 times. It was certain plays where the secondary let joey galloway run right past them like it was nothin. Chris simms aint do nothin spectacular, all he did was just drop back and throw the ball up in the air. I could do that and you could do that. Thats what happens you dont care about winning. You dont play hard, you let the other team win, they dont win on their own, you let them win.

He maybe immeture for yelling at his players, but he gets results. Just like bobby knight when he got on his players, just like Vince lambardi when he got on his players. In this game, you sometimes have to motivate your players and push your players harder. Not one person in the redskins organization is doing that.

2 things wrong here.

1. Obviously this guy is an insider at Redskin Park and is undercover on ES :doh:

2. and most importantly. Gruden = 1 Super Bowl Championship < Gibbs = 3 Super bowl Championships..

I don't care how he does it, I just care that he does it. To say that this is an undisciplined team is Ridiculous. Go ahead and get off the wagon now.. :doh:

He maybe immeture for yelling at his players, but he gets results. Just like bobby knight when he got on his players, just like Vince lambardi when he got on his players. In this game, you sometimes have to motivate your players and push your players harder. Not one person in the redskins organization is doing that.

Again, how do YOU KNOW that "not one person in the organization is doing that" ?? You don't. You are letting YOUR over-emotionalism get to you.

In his last two seasons the Bucs are 12-20. That's an average of 6-10. Are these the results your talking about?

Actually, Brunell looked pretty broken up when they made the 2 pt. conversion.

It's frustrating for us fans, yeah, but put yourself in the shoes of our players on offense: They played a good, hard fought game against the league's top D, only to see it turn meaningless in a couple of bad defensive plays (& calls, ok).

Gibbs and the players definately care about winning. Prior to Gibbs being here, maybe the players didn't care that much. Now though, they play their hearts out and fight until the end.

You're just upset because it was a tough loss. You expect the players to look like we feel, and it just doesn't work that way. I'm pissed as helll, but to the people I work with, I'm sure I look perfectly normal.

You can't tell by peoples expressions. Some show it on their faces and some don't.

i dunno dude, reading some of the comments by the mods while being on the sidelines during the Cheifs game, they said how our players were still in it and focused while some Chiefs were messing around. I also remember that during the Spurrier era, Lavar would talk about people laughing/joking on the plane/bus rides and how much it irritated him. Those players are gone. Our players fight. I do blame coverage schemes getting exploited, and I will blame Prioleau if I ahve to choose one, but they all struggled and all thoroughly looked defeated in the end.

Again, how do YOU KNOW that "not one person in the organization is doing that" ?? You don't. You are letting YOUR over-emotionalism get to you.

In his last two seasons the Bucs are 12-20. That's an average of 6-10. Are these the results your talking about?

I know no one is disciplining them becuase they make the same mistakes over and over again. Every game they allow big plays to happen. Everygame the fumble the ball away. Every year they lose games by 1 or 2 points that they could have easily won by not blowing the game. I know becuase after every loss the redskins beat themselves. And as far as the results go, the gibbs who 3 championships is a totaly different gibbs of today. I wouldn't wont gruden over gibbs no way. But i am concerned about the present right now. And the present doesnt look so good. Now i think we have seen how important sean taylor is to our d-fense. But the same mistakes keeps on happening. And when you keep making the same mistakes, that is undisciplined football. We all can see that.

When Chriss sims missed joey galloway at the end of the game the second to last buccaneers possesion, John Gruden Jumped all in his A$$. When Brunnell fumble on our own 5 yardline( may i also add that he has done this earlier this season) did you see any body gettin on him becuase he gave a touchdown. Everytime this happens Nor joe gibbs, or any redskins player gets on his case. And this happens every week.

Sometimes silence, and a look are all that need to be done. Do you know what happens in the locker room? Are you there? JG doesn't need to get in anyones face on the sidelines. I would bet for him...silence and a look are enough...

Sometimes silence, and a look are all that need to be done. Do you know what happens in the locker room? Are you there? JG doesn't need to get in anyones face on the sidelines. I would bet for him...silence and a look are enough...

Yea silence and look it worked pretty good yesterday when them db's where gettin torched. I bet walt harris was afraid of what was going to happen to him on the sidelines the next time he got brunt because some one looked at him and said nothing.

I betcha he's not having a good day today....and judging from interviews I read...the look from JG gets the point across. Not to mention, the start of the second half, the defense started out great. Plus, I don't think you can put it all on Walt Harris' shoulders. Where was his saefty help most of the game. They all share blame. You don't play many team sports do you?

Guest sith lord
I betcha he's not having a good day today....and judging from interviews I read...the look from JG gets the point across. Not to mention, the start of the second half, the defense started out great. Plus, I don't think you can put it all on Walt Harris' shoulders. Where was his saefty help most of the game. They all share blame. You don't play many team sports do you?

Where was Harris' safety help? Probably blitzing.

I play plenty of team sports. If you knew anything about football you would know where his saftey help was.Some of tihs blitzed. They blitzed some of their defensive backs thats why it was one on one coverage. But only people who play team sports know that.

Yeah I saw the blitz, but it was one play...what about the rest of the game when they weren't blitzing...big picture here. And when you blitz like that you run the risk of that play happening, so going back to the team thing....if they blitz worked, pass doesn't get off.

Guys wether you agree with me or not, it is the same problem every year. The redskins should make the playoffs this year, but i dont think they will. Its not the fact that we need a pass rusher, its not the fact that things dont go our way. Its the simple fact the redskins players dont really care about winning. I wish that some of the redskins players could be a fan for a season so they can experience the sickness the redskins fans get in the morning when they have to get up and go to work or school the next. They play with no heart what so ever. Yesterday i saw a team going out of there way to lose the game. I sometimes think the redskins want to lose more than they want to win. Joe Gibbs is a great coach but he has one weakness. Joe gibbs doesnot discipline his players. They keep turning the ball over because no body gets on them when they do make mistakes. Nobody Cares. Its sad when your fans want you to win the game more than you do. The way i felt last night was way worse than any redskins player felt because i saw on the players faces how much they really didnt care about winning the game. The defense played with no heart,fire, or intensity. They continue to give games away by fumbling the ball or dropping passes. I mean this has been going on since spurrier came here. I am so frustrated with the game yesterday i dont think i will ever get over that performance by our team. I feel like the redskins insulted the fans and disgraced the city of washington last night. They knew how important this game was 6-3 in the nfc east and they still couldnt play hard. They continue to dive at Mike Alsott legs becuase they were scared. Evne with the game on the line they still didnt try hitting chest to chest hard on the goal line to sto him. This team is not going anywhere because they dont want to go anywhere. The secondary repeadiatley let recievers get past them the whole game. I think sometimes there are a bunch od dallas cowboy fans on our team. I have no respect for a loss like that. None what so ever.

Pretty hard to take your posts seriously after this masterpiece.

Actually, it was this post that made me decide to put you on ignore.

One post you call for JJG to be coach of the year.

Now you say he doesn't discipline his players. :rolleyes:

I think I've heard enough.

Pretty hard to take your posts seriously after this masterpiece.

Actually, it was this post that made me decide to put you on ignore.

One post you call for JJG to be coach of the year.

Now you say he doesn't discipline his players. :rolleyes:

I think I've heard enough.

you obviously didnt read the post about joe gibbs being coach of the year. I said if he wins the east and makes it deep in the play offs.

Yeah I saw the blitz, but it was one play...what about the rest of the game when they weren't blitzing...big picture here. And when you blitz like that you run the risk of that play happening, so going back to the team thing....if they blitz worked, pass doesn't get off.

The blitz didnt work, and as far as the other deep pass plays, i think they blitzed on some of those to.

Yeah but not all of them. I remember a few where the safety was on their back, or too far from his coverage where he was supposed to be. I could be wrong as well, maybe the safety was were he was supposed to be on those plays, but we don't know...only the Redskins know. Bottom line is I don't think you can fault any one person. The defense as a whole had it's faults on various plays. If Taylor was there, could have been a different game as well.

Yeah but not all of them. I remember a few where the safety was on their back, or too far from his coverage where he was supposed to be. I could be wrong as well, maybe the safety was were he was supposed to be on those plays, but we don't know...only the Redskins know. Bottom line is I don't think you can fault any one person. The defense as a whole had it's faults on various plays. If Taylor was there, could have been a different game as well.

I said it was the defenses fault. And the play you were talkin about, we had 4 defensive backs dropped back in coverage and all four of them let one man joey galloway get passed them. That goes back to my original point, no discipline and not playing hard.

Guys wether you agree with me or not, it is the same problem every year. The redskins should make the playoffs this year, but i dont think they will. Its not the fact that we need a pass rusher, its not the fact that things dont go our way. Its the simple fact the redskins players dont really care about winning. I wish that some of the redskins players could be a fan for a season so they can experience the sickness the redskins fans get in the morning when they have to get up and go to work or school the next. They play with no heart what so ever. Yesterday i saw a team going out of there way to lose the game. I sometimes think the redskins want to lose more than they want to win. Joe Gibbs is a great coach but he has one weakness. Joe gibbs doesnot discipline his players. They keep turning the ball over because no body gets on them when they do make mistakes. Nobody Cares. Its sad when your fans want you to win the game more than you do. The way i felt last night was way worse than any redskins player felt because i saw on the players faces how much they really didnt care about winning the game. The defense played with no heart,fire, or intensity. They continue to give games away by fumbling the ball or dropping passes. I mean this has been going on since spurrier came here. I am so frustrated with the game yesterday i dont think i will ever get over that performance by our team. I feel like the redskins insulted the fans and disgraced the city of washington last night. They knew how important this game was 6-3 in the nfc east and they still couldnt play hard. They continue to dive at Mike Alsott legs becuase they were scared. Evne with the game on the line they still didnt try hitting chest to chest hard on the goal line to sto him. This team is not going anywhere because they dont want to go anywhere. The secondary repeadiatley let recievers get past them the whole game. I think sometimes there are a bunch od dallas cowboy fans on our team. I have no respect for a loss like that. None what so ever.

Dude, you are too young to remember the Gibbs era the first time around, and you can only remember the Norv days and onward, This is going to be a process weeding out the players who need to go and getting in the players to make us into the championship team we used to be. The performance yesterday was hard to watch at times, but not as bad as say the KC game, the only difference is that everyone expected us to walk all over TB and we didn't. They have a great young QB in Simms, and he has just started to realize his own potential, I saw some highlights of his game last week, and I was a little scared cause it looked like he was starting to come into his own a little. This team loves to win and hates to lose, look at who we have here, our star players are almost all winners, those who didn't come up in our system. These players have had a taste of playoffs and if you don't think that they want to win every game as much as we want them to then maybe you should suit up a little and see if you can convince them, cause its obvious that you would be able to motivate these guys with your upbeat talk.:doh:

I guess you didnt see how lavar and marcus were enjoying themselves on the sidelines the whole game. You look at there face after the game and look at brian dawkins face after they loss to us last week. You tell me who look like they loss and who look like the won.

Ironically, it was LaVar who called out some of his teammates a few years back for not acting as though they were taking losses seriously. Champ Bailey fired back for the "yuk it up after a loss group" saying some players just act differently after a loss. I think this thread has missed the mark by more than any I've read today. Gibbs 'Skins are all heart and NEVER quit.

Archived