Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go back to making Moss a focal point

LiveStrongSkins

We need to take a few more deep shots early. It is insane how we ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot early with goofy turnovers or quick 3 and outs. Somehow on the road, Mark Brunell holds the ball like it is a bar of soap. Take more shots deep and make teams play from behind for once in my lifetime please. Even if we dont connect with Moss early, it will still loosen up the defense. I think Moss goes off this week against Oakland. If we go 6-4 we are right back in it.

I agree. I think we've got a great thing going on offense with Cooley and Sellers, and it was great to see Portis finally being used more effectively. Keep doing all those things, but we definitely need to add the deep dimension. Moss did some great things on WR screens early in the season (ie KC game), but that play has clearly been scooped. That play will only be effective again if we make some serious strides going deeper. Unfortunately Brunell missed two deep shots yesterday that would have been huge for us :(

I agree we should take some chances deep downfield, but Moss has been getting some serious attention. It's time our other receivers step up. Patten and Thrash just aren't steppin up.

I agree and it is very frustrating. It looked like Patten played one deep ball just to get the call. Kind of like he was trying to draw a over the back call in basketball. :puke:

We need to take a few more deep shots early. It is insane how we ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot early with goofy turnovers or quick 3 and outs. Somehow on the road, Mark Brunell holds the ball like it is a bar of soap. Take more shots deep and make teams play from behind for once in my lifetime please. Even if we dont connect with Moss early, it will still loosen up the defense. I think Moss goes off this week against Oakland. If we go 6-4 we are right back in it.

The problem with that is, it's hard to run an offense through a wide receiver...especially Joe Gibbs' offense. The entire formula is run, run, run, the get the H-back going, and then play action and go deep.

Moss is having an incredible year, but he is still not the type of receiver who can force the ball to and get results. You can do that with Randy Moss or TO to some degree because of their size. You have to get him in one on one situations where his speed takes over.

Instead of throwing deep to Moss, we have to figure out a way to get SOME production from the other receivers. Right now, our passing game is Moss and the H-backs. Moss is going to see nothing but double-teams the rest of the year.

The problem with that is' date=' it's hard to run an offense through a wide receiver...especially Joe Gibbs' offense. The entire formula is run, run, run, the get the H-back going, and then play action and go deep.

Moss is having an incredible year, but he is still not the type of receiver who can force the ball to and get results. You can do that with Randy Moss or TO to some degree because of their size. You have to get him in one on one situations where his speed takes over.

Instead of throwing deep to Moss, we have to figure out a way to get SOME production from the other receivers. Right now, our passing game is Moss and the H-backs. Moss is going to see nothing but double-teams the rest of the year.[/quote']

Great point. We need someone to step up and take advantage of Moss being game planned on. Patten has yet to prove that so maybe we should give Jacobs a shot. I think Patten got so used to being a slot guy in New England that he is ineffective as a split end.

Archived