Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more 2pt Coversion threads

dieselfan44

As it is not the reason we lost this game.

Let me start by saying that I love Joe Gibbs and I Love the Redskins. There are not many things in this world that mean more to me than this team.(wife, daughter). But Joe, we played to not lose yesterday, not to win. We had two minutes left, playing what turned out to be a tough opponet. We ran the ball two times to run some time off the clock, which I agree was the right decision. But on third and a couple with a chance to seal the victory with a first down we run the same thing again only to come up short. So we risk putting the ball in the hands of a hot QB who has set our secondary on fire all day long. This is what lost the game, not the 2pt conversion, the push out rule, or the penalty on the PAT. When you have a chance to seal the game on the road against an NFC opponet on the same day your division leader has lost giving you a chance a first place, you have to take that chance. Running that extra few seconds off the clock turned out to be absolutely a non-issue. They expected a run up the gut and thats exactly what we gave them.

As it is not the reason we lost this game.

Let me start by saying that I love Joe Gibbs and I Love the Redskins. There are not many things in this world that mean more to me than this team.(wife, daughter). But Joe, we played to not lose yesterday, not to win. We had two minutes left, playing what turned out to be a tough opponet. We ran the ball two times to run some time off the clock, which I agree was the right decision. But on third and a couple with a chance to seal the victory with a first down we run the same thing again only to come up short. So we risk putting the ball in the hands of a hot QB who has set our secondary on fire all day long. This is what lost the game, not the 2pt conversion, the push out rule, or the penalty on the PAT. When you have a chance to seal the game on the road against an NFC opponet on the same day your division leader has lost giving you a chance a first place, you have to take that chance. Running that extra few seconds off the clock turned out to be absolutely a non-issue. They expected a run up the gut and thats exactly what we gave them.

What you are saying sounds right, but facts are facts and non conversions are non conversions. Think about that one. :mad:

One more first down on that drive would of won the game for us. If I remember correctly they only had 1 timeout remaining.

I was praying for a play action pass to either Cooley (like on the 4th and 2 play) or Sellers to get us the first down.

I had a problem with them leaning on a defense to win the game for us when they've been torched all game by the long ball.

Archived