Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turnover problem: Is anyone listening to Gibbs?

Pskins

For, it seems, the ten thousandth time we lost a game due to turnovers. Every week Coach Gibbs tells and coaches his players about turnovers, BUT THEY ARE NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!. The only way to continue to improve is to cut down on the giveaways. If it means, I DARE SAY IT, benching Brunell, so be it! An hard ,cold, and ruthless example is needed to convince these players to play smart and put the fear of God into them.

Here ends the frustrated rant.

flame away if you disagree

Brunell has been very, very good. The two picks he threw today we not his fault, IMO. The first one should have been caught by Patten, and the only reason it was picked off was because of a very good play by the DB, and a lucky bounce, possibly non call. The second INT was again IMO, 1. a bad play call and 2. a very unlucky bounce. The fumbles are on Brunell certainly, but all QBs fumble. The plays Brunell made with his arm were very good, way better than anything we would get from Ramsey or Campbell.

We can no longer blame losses on the offense guys. Our defense is the new offense. Hopefully getting Griffin and Taylor back will help, but lets face it, our defense sucks right now. I cant remember the last time I was actually scared to see our defense on the field like I was tonight.

For, it seems, the ten thousandth time we lost a game due to turnovers. Every week Coach Gibbs tells and coaches his players about turnovers, BUT THEY ARE NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!. The only way to continue to improve is to cut down on the giveaways. If it means, I DARE SAY IT, benching Brunell, so be it! An hard ,cold, and ruthless example is needed to convince these players to play smart and put the fear of God into them.

Here ends the frustrated rant.

flame away if you disagree

It would help if David Patton would learn to catch too, Brunell pulled the Redskins ahead in this game 2 times and Walt Harris gave up both touchdowns to bring Tampa back. Walt Harris is the Redskins problem!!!

Did you see how much time Simms had to throw?!?!?!? CHEESE AND RICE!!! If your line can give your QB time to make a play, Brunell wouldn't be in those fumbling situations. I don't like Ramsey...at all...makes more mistakes than Brunell. I'm expecting drastic improvement in the line next week....or else our hard season will end up in the :toilet:

You know if the O-line would block better his turnovers would be greatly decreased.

I think people are too hard on the oline. Wake up people. If you think this is the 91 skins oline where Rypien got sacked 7 times and had 5-7 seconds to throw the ball, get a grip. This online we have now gives Brunell PLENTY of time to throw the ball. He USALLY has 3-4 seconds to throw the thing. Most of the sacks weve given up this year have been coverage sacks. I havent seen this line get destroyed yet this year, sans Kansas and NY.

I cant remember the last time I was actually scared to see our defense on the field like I was tonight.

WELL SAID. This was my feeling as well. It's interesting coming after last week when we were all so proud of the team and said that was a textbook game because we gave the defense a lead and asked them to hold it at the end.

Same situation this week, and with Chris Simms at QB (who I have little respect for, although he did play a good game today at least) - and the defense lost it. And they couldn't stop them for a lot of the day.

Goat award has to go to Prioleau and Harris.

A shame that great performances by Clinton on O and Big Joe on D were wasted.

Both MB and Ramsey turns over the ball each game. One throws INTs while other fumbles them away. All this BS talk about if this didn't happen and that didn't happen. People need to stop making excues. First, it was with PR. Now, it's with MB. Sorry, but you can't turn back the pass. If Joe was the man of his words, MB should be riding the bench until he learn.

Archived