Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bucs fan here but have somethings to say

sram444

#1 great job by the skins. it was a very exciting game to watch. a lot of drama.

#2 alstotts 2 point conversion was ruled good. the replays show it might not have but they arent conclusive. you cant see where the ball is at any point. his one elbow is down right before the chalk mark but the ball was in the other hand, he was laying on people the whole time so its hard to tell when he was down.

#3 the kick return for a touchdown, while a great play was a busch league call. betts was out of bounds 2 times. 1 of those times you can make an argument that his heel never touched, but the other one the tip of his foot clearly touches the chalk....

you may have gotten a bad call at the end, but if the refs make the right call on the kickoff return its a completly different game. i also think you guys should have ran the ball a whole lot more. portis had 100 yards almost in the first quarter and you should have just kept on giving him the rock.

#1 great job by the skins. it was a very exciting game to watch. a lot of drama.

#2 alstotts 2 point conversion was ruled good. the replays show it might not have but they arent conclusive. you cant see where the ball is at any point. his one elbow is down right before the chalk mark but the ball was in the other hand, he was laying on people the whole time so its hard to tell when he was down.

#3 the kick return for a touchdown, while a great play was a busch league call. betts was out of bounds 2 times. 1 of those times you can make an argument that his heel never touched, but the other one the tip of his foot clearly touches the chalk....

you may have gotten a bad call at the end, but if the refs make the right call on the kickoff return its a completly different game. i also think you guys should have ran the ball a whole lot more. portis had 100 yards almost in the first quarter and you should have just kept on giving him the rock.

I agree...we should have ran the ball more...what's with the f-ed up links???

You're ignoring the "force out" call in the first half, the god-awful spot on our second last possession (without which we chew the remainder of the clock), and Galloway's bobble (magically ruled a "catch"). So even if you're right about the Betts call (which I don't think you are), the bogus Galloway "force out" cancels out out. What we're left with is a bunch of jobbing against the Skins.

Sorry, I'm not necessarily of the "refs cost us the game" opinion exclusively, but your argument is crepe-thin. If you want to get specific, bring in ALL the specifics.

#2 alstotts 2 point conversion was ruled good. the replays show it might not have but they arent conclusive. you cant see where the ball is at any point. his one elbow is down right before the chalk mark but the ball was in the other hand, he was laying on people the whole time so its hard to tell when he was down

Incorrect. The ball was in the hand that belonged to the downed elbow.

You guys are so dillusional its ridiculous. Chris Simms, in his 5th start, came out and torched your defense for 36 points. I'm not sure how much blame you can put on the refs. Because, like the Buc said, you can't forget that Betts was well out of bounds. And how hard is it for you guys to see that there was ample opportunity for you guys to win the game, and you blew it. How about that. Or does everyone think that Washington never actually "loses" a game

my computer is semi retarted thats whats up with the links..... im rooting for the redskins in the nfc east.... fact is there is always bad calls in the nfl... you cant help that, it happens in every single game. fantom calls... the galloway catch is a judgement call. i can see your point about it but again there is nothing you can do about it. you guys got a good football team, but im not sure whats up with your defense... the niners D is horrid and they did great... im sure its a mix of both simms getting better and maybe the loss of sean taylor was a big factor.... our defense didnt look great either... 2 top 10 defenses looking like the bottom end of the league in defense

I almost think that that was a make up call for the play earlier when the said that Galloway was forced out of bounds and it could not be challenged.

:whoknows:

His elbow was NOT right next to the chalk - it was a good 1-2 ft away. He never reached the ball out. There is NO way his body could have been contorted so his elbow was down that far away and the ball having broke the plane. An absolute gift to the Bucs.

Could be right about the Betts return. He could have caught part of the line, but it's also entirely possible that it didn't catch the line. Not nearly as clear video evidence as the Alstott phantom elbow.

It would've been a LOT different game if the Bucs didn't have their first touchdown gift-wrapped by a "force-out" where the defender barely touched the receiver.

Face it - the Bucs got away with highway robbery. Just accept it and move on. Don't come here and try to convince us otherwise. The sheer act of doing so shows that you have to rationalize the bogus call.

Dear Johnny One-Note, see posts 3 and 4.

Digest, contextualize, analyze.

There are differences of opinion, but the Betts call (even if regarded as questionable) constitutes just 1 questionable call versus (at least) 3 in favor of the Bucs. And most fans here, myself included, are rational enough to acknowledge that our team needed to tighten up in several areas as well.

Reading comprehension, young blood: it's a way of life.

HTTR.

my computer is semi retarted thats whats up with the links..... im rooting for the redskins in the nfc east.... fact is there is always bad calls in the nfl... you cant help that, it happens in every single game. fantom calls... the galloway catch is a judgement call. i can see your point about it but again there is nothing you can do about it. you guys got a good football team, but im not sure whats up with your defense... the niners D is horrid and they did great... im sure its a mix of both simms getting better and maybe the loss of sean taylor was a big factor.... our defense didnt look great either... 2 top 10 defenses looking like the bottom end of the league in defense

oh! retarted. Yeah I know retarted. they wear zebra like clothing during football games and call themselves proffesionals. Tell me, how does it feel to have a referee give your team a victory? I wouldnt know Im a redskin fan.

if the betts play was called back and the score is 21-6 bucs then the game is completly different... if the bucs have a 15 point lead there defense is gonna play a whole lot better then in a nail bitter... we thrive on momentum and that shifted all the momentum to the redskins... im not sure what to say to the other comments.... i enjoy talking football not bashing other teams and its fans.

You guys are so dillusional its ridiculous. Chris Simms, in his 5th start, came out and torched your defense for 36 points. I'm not sure how much blame you can put on the refs. Because, like the Buc said, you can't forget that Betts was well out of bounds. And how hard is it for you guys to see that there was ample opportunity for you guys to win the game, and you blew it. How about that. Or does everyone think that Washington never actually "loses" a game

Ha, look you want to talk smack. Back it up. That Ladell Betts play was almost washed away with that Galloway TD. The point is Alstott CLEARLY wasn't in the endzone. And as for that "force out" in the 1st Quarter.....Pathetic calling. Don't BS. Be a man and admit you lost 35-34.

The point is we could've won all our games and lost all of them so enough of the lucky Skins crap.

This was one of those rare instances in which the refs did actually decide the game. Alstott did not score as was "conclusively" shown in the replays. You can't sugar coat that no matter how hard you try. The replay was conclusive, he did not make it.

Get that call right and the skins win the game. Get it wrong, and then throw in a non-call on a clear pass interferance for good measure, and you have the refs deciding the game. Which they did.

This game was decided by the refs, and they made the wrong decision. Saying anything less is denying the truth.

If we had our starting Safety Sean Taylor playing, those calls wouldnt of even mattered. We had to play the worst Defensive back in the NFL by the name of Walt Harris who you guys burned many times,

It was very good play calling by Gruden to take advantage of it while it lasted. Galloway and your other recievers wouldnt of lasted running down the middle With Taylor in the game, but he wasnt there and very smart to hit a teams weakness, and let me tell ya brotha, Walt Harris is a freaking weakness from hell.

if the betts play was called back and the score is 21-6 bucs then the game is completly different... if the bucs have a 15 point lead there defense is gonna play a whole lot better then in a nail bitter... we thrive on momentum and that shifted all the momentum to the redskins... im not sure what to say to the other comments.... i enjoy talking football not bashing other teams and its fans.

Did you even watch the game? From the way you described the 2 point conversion and now with your recap of the scoring i'd say you didn't.

the score was 14-3 when Betts ran the kick off back for a TD, where you got this 21-6 stuff I have no idea.

As far as the 2 point conversion. This call wasn't even hard. I really don't see how they got it wrong. They clearly showed his elbow hitting the ground before the chalk and his back had yet to to land, remember that part its key.

So we know he is down before his back lands on the turf, we know this from seeing his elbow touch.

Well if you look at it from the side view you'll see he wasn't even close to scoring before his back landed.

So if we have a view showing his elbow landing down and we see he is up right at this point and we know from another angle that when he was up right was not yet in, shouldn't we then conclude that he wasn't in??

Yes they should have seen that, the refs were scared to reverse the call and they took the safe way out by saying there wasn't enough evidence.

Why even have replay if you are going to ignore it when it really counts.

Yeah I think he's right. Walt Harris should be blamed for this loss, and he should be placed on the bench.

If Betts would have been called out who is to say we wouldn't not have scored anyway?The Skins would have had the ball around the Buc's 40 and obviously were moving the ball all day.

Lets play devils advoate and say his foot was out of bounds. #1. The refs kept a Bucs drive alive with dumb blow to the head call. player clearly being blocked and he came free putting his hands up to try and bat the ball. Brunell on a long throw later was clearly hit well after he threw ball no call. #2. Joey Galloway wasn't forced out on another scoring drive, #3. Bogus holding call on Derrick Dockery that kept a Bucs Drive alive. 4. Bucs Drive kept alive late in the 4th quarter where Galloway clearly didn't catch the pass but the rule it a catch. #5. And the most crucial one. Alstott was down a critical 2 point conversion PERIOD. All of America could see it. Tha annoucers could see. it. I say junk instant replay. Over the years it damn sure was worked more against the Skins than worked for them. I say get rid of it. :2cents: Clearly today the bucs got the majority of the calls. PENALTIES Number and Yards Skins 6-41, Bucs 2-15 Not to mention the replay non calls. :helmet:

Archived