Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: How can you have delay of game on the defense?

feeshta

That is what pushed the final kickoff up so we had now chance of a return. The called us for delay of game on the field goal try. WTF? Maybe I'm just ignorant of some arcane rule, but I've never heard of this.

Also, on the first attempt where we were called offsides, they did move. They never showed the replay specifically because the call was wong. I hate how they do that.

Delay of game against the defense is a call against the special teams unit on the extra point. We had the same thing happen last year as well.

It happens when the defensive line begins getting animated and "flinching" that they're going... trying to draw the offensive line offside.

Since it's not encroachment... or offsides... they call it delay of game.

Delay of game against the defense is a call against the special teams unit on the extra point. We had the same thing happen last year as well.

It happens when the defensive line begins getting animated and "flinching" that they're going... trying to draw the offensive line offside.

Good explanation Die Hard....it's basically when you're trying to "juke" them into jumping offsides instead of just lining up and coming after them at the snap...

Yeah it's a delay of game because they had to pull out the hanky because the O-line flinched from a cheap tactic..

Tell me DH how many teams, other than us, would get that call in that situation? I'm guessing zero..but hey that's just me..

I mean evan Aikman was calling the play a false start and he doesn't want us to win.. :laugh:

Archived