Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt "disney" Harris

chiplohmillers#1

Walt Harris and Walt Disney had 2 things in common, they were both in florida, and they both were cryogenically frozen. Is there a reason why we couldnt pony up the dough for RW. McQuarters, I mean our defensive backfield looks like the J.V. Lineup from Rutgers.

The bottom line is we shouldnt harp that much on this type of loss, were a competitive team that is 2-3 pieces (d-end, corner, 2nd wideout) away from being a serious threat to the NFC East crown.

Had we been more aprenhensive about blocking the kick on the extra point, that scenario at the end of the game would have been for a win, and at worst the tie going into overtime.

Keep your heads up fans, we will open up the flood gates against Oakland at home, and then Beast Marty's conservitive a%$

champ bailey and fred smoot not needed

ALL guys in greg williams system are interchangible

He is a genius. greg williams for head coach i guess lol

Gibbs main mistake was not getting Richie Pettibone back. Pettibone knew that you do not let guys like Trotter, Champ and Smoot go. You draft defesive linemen because you get sacks from the dline and linebackers not corners

in Pettibones system they had mutiple guys with double digit sacks. Greg Williams wants to be a genius. I will never understand trading Champ Bailey and drafting Sean Taylor. A saftety is more then a corner? Who just uses corners to blitz?

I say let Carlos start. I would rather a rookie get beat for a TD when the game is on the line opposed to a 9 or 10 year veteran who doesn't even look back at the ball in coverage when the ball is in flight.

Walt Harris is at best, a dimeback, and maybe a nickelback. He's not a true starter and no where near should he ever be talked about in the same breath as Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Charles Woodson, Ty Law, or other elite corners.

One of the most pathetic scenes was watching that Buc toast Harris down the sideline and catching the deep ball. Twice Harris was responsible for giving up touchdowns. Why is he starting??? It's obvious he just doesn't have the speed anymore. I know Rogers is a rookie, but if Harris is going to be giving up plays anyways, start Rogers.

Walt Harris and Walt Disney had 2 things in common, they were both in florida, and they both were cryogenically frozen. Is there a reason why we couldnt pony up the dough for RW. McQuarters, I mean our defensive backfield looks like the J.V. Lineup from Rutgers.

The bottom line is we shouldnt harp that much on this type of loss, were a competitive team that is 2-3 pieces (d-end, corner, 2nd wideout) away from being a serious threat to the NFC East crown.

Had we been more aprenhensive about blocking the kick on the extra point, that scenario at the end of the game would have been for a win, and at worst the tie going into overtime.

Keep your heads up fans, we will open up the flood gates

This isn't the first game he's been beat. Sit him.!!! Someone tell me how at that stage of the game there wasn't someone on defence back deep to prevent the bomb.????:mad:

Before this season started I had serious reservations about Harris. Everyone on this board was saying, "naw, he's good, you'll see". Well, I've seen enough. And Rogers is far from being what Champ was when he came out of college. We have "holes" in our roster that need filling. Unfortunately that's done in the offseason. (And hopefully Jimoh will have the door hit his butt on the way out too)

With the play of Harris, I really wish even more now, that Snyder would have ponied up the the extra money to keep Smoot-even with the cap constraints. I realize that they didn't want to pay him more than Springs, but Smoot signed with the Vikings for only of few hunderd thousand more on his contract than what the Redskins offered him. Gibbs considered Springs the #1 CB and didn't want to pay the #2 guy more than the #1 guy, but with the way Gregg runs the D-making it necessary for lots of man-to-man, we need two #1 CB's.

The problem Harris had last week was making tackles. In fact, Gregg name a tackling drill after Harris this week. However, I thought that Harris has done a semi-desent job of coverage this season, at least not so bad that teams could score almost at will. Yet this week it wasn't the tackling, but the coverage. There was a couple of plays where it looked like Harris was poorly anticipating the play such as when Hilliard cut inside for the score, but Harris took off like it was a fade route. At this point in his career, I think that if Harris doesn't have the instincts to play man-to-man it's too late to teach him. Therefore, Gregg needs to change the way he runs the D, particular when Taylor, who can cover a lot of terriory, is not in the game.

At this point, I personally don't see that Harris is much better the Rogers. Gregg might as well start Rogers the rest of the season in order to see if we need to pick somebody up in the off season. Unfortunately, the cap is going to be so tight this year that I don't know how much Gibbs can do.

That's it man!! I've had enough of Walt Harris bum azz...as a matter of fact he doesn't even deserve a name. He will be officially known as 27. Gregg Williams has GOT to gid rid of him man, it's painfully obvious that he can't cut it as a starter!

He misses tackles AND gives up big plays on the regular! Sit his bum azz down man, he's the weak link in our secondary...him and 20, sorry Pierson but you don't deserve a name either.

I hate you David Patten!!

What a difference S. Taylor makes.

The human "Create-A-Player" hides a lot of deficiencies in the defensive backfield. His ability to cover a lot of ground with his range was missing out there Sunday. Plus we lack the intimidating presence over the middle.

W. Harris without S. Taylor behind him reminded me of … oh the days of Tom Carter and Stanley Richard.

Archived