Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Whiners will say... (Merged)

Craig

...that the officials gave this game to the Bucs but that is BS. The Skins lose this game because of no pass rush (only the Skins can make a 2nd year starter named Chris Simms look like Phil Simms) and conservative play calling by Gibbs. When the Skins tried to run it on 3rd and 2 for the first down and didn't get it, I knew they were going to lose. The Skins needed to become aggressive and get one first down. Congratulations to the Bucs - Great call to go for 2 on their final TD. That is the way to win games.

The officials did not cause the Redskins to lose this game...that is BS. The Skins lose this game because of no pass rush (only the Skins can make a 2nd year starter named Chris Simms look like Phil Simms) and conservative play calling by Gibbs. When the Skins tried to run it on 3rd and 2 for the first down and didn't get it, I knew they were going to lose. The Skins needed to become aggressive and get one first down. Congratulations to the Bucs - Great call to go for 2 on their final TD. That is the way to win games.

I agree about the passrush remark.

And that run play with 2 yards on 3rd was a good logical decision.

We were running on them all day.

And still the problem is bad technique on blitzing.

You can usually tell when and who the skins are bringing in on the blitzes.

and conservative play calling by Gibbs.

Conservative??????

They scored 35 points, how are you blaming the playcalling??

Tampa had the #1 defense going into this game and the Redskins scored less than 73 points because of conservative playcalling.

Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo!

The officials did not cause the Redskins to lose this game...that is BS. The Skins lose this game because of no pass rush (only the Skins can make a 2nd year starter named Chris Simms look like Phil Simms) and conservative play calling by Gibbs. When the Skins tried to run it on 3rd and 2 for the first down and didn't get it, I knew they were going to lose. The Skins needed to become aggressive and get one first down. Congratulations to the Bucs - Great call to go for 2 on their final TD. That is the way to win games.

I think your reason we lost is really BS. As a matter of fact your whole thread is BS. How can you call people whiners about a obvious call clearly showing his elbow down before the goal line and common sense tells you the ball is between his elbow and hand and then have the ignorant nerve to call people whiners. I guess your just happy because you got to start a thread to bash Gibbs. Your such a LOOSER!

I agree with what you are saying about the pass rush and the officiating, but not the 3rd and 2 play. We had been averaging over 6 yards a carry, so going for on 3rd and 2 was a chance I feel we should have taken to keep the clock going. If we were pathetic all game on the ground, your statement on the 3rd down conversion would make total sense.

You are a loser and didn't pay attention to the game...pass rush had nothing to do with us losing this game...This game was in the REFS hand and you can't deny it...First off we block the extra point (offsides) than we stop Allstott short of the goaline, but they count the 2 points. Yeah, I understand we turned the ball over and blah, blah, blah, but we still got robbed no mater which way you look at it...THE TWO POINT CONVERSION WAS NO GOOD!!!!

Pass rush and pressure on the QB had everything to do with this game.

In the first half they got pressure and a good pass rush on Brunell and we turned it over. In the second half, we made some adjustments and gave Brunell more time and our offense could march down the field at will.

We never got consistant pressure on Simms, so he had the time to pick us apart. Most QBs in this league, given the time, will be able to pick a defense apart.

The refs? They made some bad calls, but they do that every game. We shouldn't have jumped offsides on the PAT, we shouldn't have given up all those big plays, we shouldn't have turned the ball over 3 times.

Guest sith lord
You are a loser and didn't pay attention to the game...pass rush had nothing to do with us losing this game...This game was in the REFS hand and you can't deny it...First off we block the extra point (offsides) than we stop Allstott short of the goaline, but they count the 2 points. Yeah, I understand we turned the ball over and blah, blah, blah, but we still got robbed no mater which way you look at it...THE TWO POINT CONVERSION WAS NO GOOD!!!!

I don't want to here about the refs. The defense had the lead twice in the 4th quarter and couldn't hold it neither time. They let Chris "freaken" Simms march down the field with little time remaining. Nough said.

...that the officials gave this game to the Bucs but that is BS. The Skins lose this game because of no pass rush (only the Skins can make a 2nd year starter named Chris Simms look like Phil Simms) and conservative play calling by Gibbs. When the Skins tried to run it on 3rd and 2 for the first down and didn't get it, I knew they were going to lose. The Skins needed to become aggressive and get one first down. Congratulations to the Bucs - Great call to go for 2 on their final TD. That is the way to win games.

How many threads are you going to start saying the same darn thing???

Please stop:

beating_2Da_2Ddead_2Dhorse.gif

Guest sith lord
As usual the REDSKINS found a way to lose. They are the ones who went offsides to give the Bucs a chance to punch it in from 1 yard out. Doesn't matter who the coach is, this team finds a way to lose. It's just amazing.

I hate to admitt it, but you're right. This team seems to find new ways to lose every year.

so your going to say that, if the ball doesnt cross the goal line, and the referees call it a score, then review it and still call it a score, then its our fault we stopped them and didnt get credited with the stop?

Our pass rush was only thing stopping their pass, we had no coverage, almost all our defended passes were knockdowns at the line.

The problem was that the 2pt conversion was ruled successful on the field, and from the goaline angle, it seems like Alstott made it. The zoomed in version shows his elbow hits shy of the plane, but you can't see the ball, so I don't see anyway the refs could have overturned what was on the field. I'm not saying he was in or wasn't in, just that it was inconclusive (kind of like Betts kick return).

Exactly why does the NFL have replay????

Save the bull ****. The Bucs shouldn't have never let the skins back in the game, so they didn't deserve to win either.

teams make mistakes and it is all part of the game, butthe NFL has replay to make sure they get the correct call in close plays that can decide the outcome of the game. the game came down to ONE PLAY. and the refs blew it, they were too chicken to reverse the call (the second time on the same freaking drive). Since the 2 points were the difference between a win or a loss... then YES THE REFS COST US THE GAME.

af3e00d0.jpg

#1 Never let the game be decided by anyone else (like referees) other than yourself.

The skins dominated the bucs the 1st half yet were down 8 @ half. Turned the ball over inside the 20 and gave them 14 unearned points.

If we do what we're supposed to do. Be the disciplined team that Gibbs is known for..than we win...even with the refs-- blowing that 2 pt conv call.

The skins dominated the 1st half yet when it was over they were down 8!

#2 The skins must realize that if their blitz gets picked up ... they dont have the secondary that is THAT good in 1on1 coverage. ((ESPECIALLY WITH SEAN TAYLOR OUT))

Leaving Walt Harris on an island is a mistake they seem to make every week.

The Skins lose this game because of no pass rush YOUR JUST RIGHT THEY NEED A PASS RUSHER!!!!!

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDKSINS :point2sky

Archived