Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE "EVERYONE/ANYONE" SUCKS THREAD (merging continuously)

BG4SHEEZEE

Oh please, you don't have a clue.

Harris made several key tackles on Westbrook for losses, and other than one play, defended the pass very well.

Geez, it is like people look for something to gripe about. Nobody is perfect, and other players had lapses last night... but overall they played very well

We beat the Eagles,a highscoring team and held them to 10 points.

There is no excuse for a vet to give a 10 YARD CUSHION and STILL whiff on the tackle. His performance was embarrasing. It's time to start the rookie.

You act like he decides what kind of cushion to give. That is strategic my friend and indicitive on which defense is called. Alot of times a cushion is given on a cover 3. (in a cover 3.. you give up the short routes but let nothing behind you....we play alot of this)Harris has made many solid plays this year and has yet to get burned really. I cant believe the amount of people on here who are so quick to bash a player. If Springs hears the audible to go to man coverage then we dont give up a touchdown at all. Give him a break, he was playing against a WR that he had no film of or anything. He missed 2 tackles... big whoop. I cant count the amount of times he forces westbrook into the teeth of the defense. The people who bash Harris really have NO clue what goes on in a secondary. I'll stay on the Harris bandwagon and serve the crow when he goes on to have a very solid season.

Carlos Rogers is the future at corner but I still dont know if he is ready...the bucs probably would be a good game to start him because they have an abismal passing game.

Have you been watching Galloway? They also have Clayton who had 1,000 yards last year. They may night be #1, but they are far from abismal.

should we bench phillip daniels for whiffing twice on donovan?

No because he makes up for his mistakes, Walt is a liability out that on the corner and it is time to get the rookie in there. Why draft someone at #9 and keep him on the bench, if he can play, which he has shown then play him.

Usually I don't participate too much in these types of discussions but you have a good point. Harris was just waving her arms at people. That's NOT how you tackle in any level of competition. As for benching Daniels for whiffing on McNabb, you've got to be kidding me. What a stupid point, no offense! Many many of people have had McNabb in their grasp only to see him escape and throw a TD. It's like saying you'd bench someone for whiffing on Barry Sanders.

No because he makes up for his mistakes, Walt is a liability out that on the corner and it is time to get the rookie in there. Why draft someone at #9 and keep him on the bench, if he can play, which he has shown then play him.

Walt missed some big tackles, but he didn't get burned for 6 and was consistently good in coverage. Rogers will be starting soon I'm sure, but I can certainly understand why Williams wants to take his time with a rookie.

I hate to jump on the negative bandwagon, but if there was one thing or player that stands out in my mind that needs improvement or some time on the pine, it would be Walt Harris. For the second week in a row, he missed numerous tackles. Even though everyone played like crap on defense last week, he seemed to be the only one who carried over last weeks performance into last night. When it comes to making takles in the open field he was horrible. Hopefully they'll sit down with him in the film room and point out his mistakes to allow him the opportunity to improve. But honestly, I feel his days may be numbered, especially when you take into consideration that Carlos play has improved substantially since the season started.

Jbooma... I always tend to agree with what you post. However, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. I think Rogers right now would be the liability. Yes Harris missed a few tackles... but to this day he is yet to let a wideout get behind him for a huge gain. The tackling is a fundmental thing that will be addressed im sure. Reading double moves and playaction is something Harris does very well, Rogers still has to learn this. Rogers will understand this and be great at it.. it will just take time. While Harris should have made those two tackles... he played great in run support and often took on blocks in order to force westbrook back inside to the mouth of the defense.

Jbooma... I always tend to agree with what you post. However, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. I think Rogers right now would be the liability. Yes Harris missed a few tackles... but to this day he is yet to let a wideout get behind him for a huge gain. The tackling is a fundmental thing that will be addressed im sure. Reading double moves and playaction is something Harris does very well, Rogers still has to learn this. Rogers will understand this and be great at it.. it will just take time. While Harris should have made those two tackles... he played great in run support and often took on blocks in order to force westbrook back inside to the mouth of the defense.

Tackling though is key in this defense because of the lanes. This is not the first game where Walt has looked bad.

The bottom line is he missed on more than one tackle that gave up crucial first downs and its not acceptable from a vet. He needs to get it together. Tackling is a basic part of football

If Harris had cost us the game fans would be singing a different tune but we won, therefore, Harris's play was acceptable. :2cents:

Fact is, Harris missed alot of tackles in the Giants game and this one.

And pls don't think just because I'm dogging a player that I'm not happy for the team because, like I said, we won!

Harris had two really bad games and I'm sure he feels awful. He's getting picked on alot b/c people are throwing away from Springs/Taylor. He still makes some big plays though.

Does anybody think Carlos is a little big to play corner? With him, ST, and Lavar we got some big, top-heavy guys out there who lay nice hits but their speed and agility is a little suspect. Anybody concerned?

Archived