Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins are Set for the Future, Dallas is not

F Landry

I think we are better off than the Cowboys for the future because they do not have a quarterback for the future. They have Drew Bledsoe, thats about it.

We have Jason Campbell, and Mark Brunell starting. We also have Patrick Ramsey as back up, who will most likely be traded this offseason.

I have a feeling that the Cowboys will try to make a trade with us for Patrick Ramsey. It would be much easier for them to trade a 2nd, or 3rd round pick with us, than to draft a quarterback. :2cents:

Anyone else getting this same thought?

:feedback:

I think they will make a trade for a QB but it wont be Patrick Ramsey.

Every team has depth problems at one position or another. That doesnt mean the Redskins are set or the Cowboys are not.

For all we know they plan on trading up Leinart, or Young or whomever, or trade for Philip Rivers this offseason.

You have a point at the QB position, beyond that Dallas looks to be in good shape to make things competitive in the near future. And although we love to believe we have a gem in Ramsey, other teams are going to see the same things we have in evaluating him - that although he's a great guy, solid citizen, has great character and a strong arm, he seems to struggle reading defenses, isn't particularly accurate throwing on the run, and may not have what it takes to be the #1 guy.

Dallas also has a huge question mark at the head coaching spot. Parcells is likely only good for another 2-3 seasons at most (if that) and I have no idea if theres someone they're grooming to take over. While its not a lock, we likely will have great continuity if Gregg Williams hangs around to replace Gibbs in a few years.

they have a DL that will win them the division if we cant mantain our O line

Not trying to be rude or anything, but the question was more geared toward the QB position.

They have a great D-Line, I agree. But that won't change the fact that Drew Bledsoe isn't getting any younger. All I am trying to say is that they need to get a young quarterback before Drew Bledsoe retires.

:wewantd:

I agree with the fact that Bledsoe isn't getting any younger. However, on our end, Brunell isn't going to get any younger either regardless of how well he's playing this year and Campbell has yet to prove anything in this league. We gave up a lot to pick him up and Gibbs is very high on him. The Redskins do have all intentions of making him the QB of the future from what they've said and I do hope that is the case but until he gets some good solid game experience, I think it's just too early to consider him our future. As far as trading Ramsey to Dallas, I don't see us trading to a division rival. Other than that, lets get a win today.

I dont think so. I would even go so far as to say that Tony Romo sits to pee is our QB of the future and he is better right now then Jason Campbell. Romo sits to pee has some experience at least. Parcells is grooming him for the starting job so dont you worry, Dallas will be just fine.

I think we are better off than the Cowboys for the future because they do not have a quarterback for the future. They have Drew Bledsoe, thats about it.

We have Jason Campbell, and Mark Brunell starting. We also have Patrick Ramsey as back up, who will most likely be traded this offseason.

I have a feeling that the Cowboys will try to make a trade with us for Patrick Ramsey. It would be much easier for them to trade a 2nd, or 3rd round pick with us, than to draft a quarterback. :2cents:

Anyone else getting this same thought?

:feedback:

Archived