Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clock "problem" in Eagles Game

ahudson

I forgot about this until I started watching the Sunday night game for the second time, but did anyone notice that Portis is tackled with 3:50 left in the game but we don't punt until there is less that 3 minutes left? The play clock starts then, at 10 seconds, reset to 25 seconds and wound all the way down. I figured this let us burn another 10 seconds off and prevents us from punting at the end of the game. I thought it was weird that Andy Reid didn't notice, but I imagine he was thinking about how early he was going to have to get up to make the donuts.

Go Skins!

I forgot about this until I started watching the Sunday night game for the second time, but did anyone notice that Portis is tackled with 3:50 left in the game but we don't punt until there is less that 3 minutes left? The play clock starts then, at 10 seconds, reset to 25 seconds and wound all the way down. I figured this let us burn another 10 seconds off and prevents us from punting at the end of the game. I thought it was weird that Andy Reid didn't notice, but I imagine he was thinking about how early he was going to have to get up to make the donuts.

Go Skins!

Well, I'm pretty sure you're wrong here.

Andy Reid doesn't make his own donuts, he has a full-time staff of chefs who make his donuts for him, the lucky bastige. :)

Go Skins!

:laugh: Well, his 90 ft. steak & cheese sub was getting cold in the locker room.

Archived