Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Aint Skeered! "A Must Read for Redskin fans"

MustangSteve

These are some of many reasons Im enjoying this season and even looking ahead to this years scheadule instead of next years like we all been the last 12 freaking years at this part of the season.

I have been a Redskins fan since the George Allen days, I watched that coach give the Redskins something they never had and that is hope. He would fire this team up so much that the Dallas Cowboys and other teams better put on there guns because they knew a fight was coming.

George Allen made the Redskins a legit contender in the NFL when the Cowboys owned the NFC East for way too many years, and has definately earned my respect.

In 1981 Jack Kent Cook brought in a Builder of Champions by the name of Joe Gibbs. We started the 81 season with only one running back in the backfield and all us Redskin fans were like wtf is this?

We lost our first 5 games or close to it, but late in that season we seen the team picking up on a brand new offence. All of a suddon we were knocking teams out of the playoffs in late December.

In 1982 we seen what Joe Gibbs was really about! Hard work, just like he is today, keeping coaches and players on the roster, even getting better and faster players just like he does today. Then we seen the team learn his system and got better every week just as we are now. Each week the team got better and better just like we are now.

In late November all of us Redskin fans looked ahead with a good feeling knowing we have a shot at the SuperBowl and guess what, it happened!!! We caught everyones attention, every other team knew what we was going to do but couldnt stop it. We was going to run John Riggins down there throat like were gonna do Portis, and when they threw 8 men in the box, Joe Theisman would Bomb there defense just like Mark brunell does now.

In 1983 Joe Gibbs proved that the 82 Super Bowl was no fluke, we went 14-2 and absolutely blew out teams in the playoffs, 51-7 against the rams who was expected to break us like glass according to many anylist.

In the middle of 1983 we looked ahead again to the SuperBowl and guess what, we made it again!!! In 1987 the same thing under Joe Gibbs, just knew quarterbacks, running backs and recievers, just like today. Faught hard all season and smoked Denver 42-10 in the SuperBowl.

1991 was the Bomb year, another knew QB and RB and another year like this one. Us fans started looking ahead at the teams and games that was going to decide who wins the NFC east and home field advantage. We started 11-0 and never looked back, ripped through the playoffs and won the NFC championship 42-10 and smoked the Bills in the SuperBowl.

The most important reason Gibbs is so good in the 2nd half of the year and a Hall of Fame coach. He has a playbook that consist of over 500 plays we havent even seen yet, neither have the teams were going to be facing this second half of the year.

They will study our Offense and think ok if we do this we can contain them, thats when Joe Gibbs breaks out some books they havent even seen on tape to study. Evidence was last Sunday Night against philly, 5 wide recievers Redskins fans!!!

The Eagles didnt know who the hell to cover so they looked to Moss of course while Chris Cooley and Ladell Betts ate them up in the middle. I am watching this team learn Joe Gibbs football just like I did back in the 80s and 90s and yes im looking ahead at the schedule because Joe Gibbs and the Redskins already know play game to game. Yes it's finaly fun for us fans to look ahead again to this years schedule because I have more then hope for this team.

I am watching history repeat its self, I am watching Joe Gibbs build another Champion and just like the first time, Im watching nobody give this team any credit. While you new fans are thinking maybe, just maybe we might make the playoffs, I already know that this Redskins team will be twice as good the second half of the year as it was the first because they are coming together and Joe Gibbs WILL teach this team this year how to hold on to the ball, how to controll the clock like we have been and even show new weapons and plays that other teams just wont expect.

For those who want to be scared to look ahead at our remaining games then so be it, but Im NOT!!! Im FINALY having fun again because I know why Joe Gibbs is in the Hall of Fame, I know why he went to 4 Super Bowls and all of us know how good this team is when we play Redskins football, and let me tell you new fans, WE WILL be playing Joe Gibbs and Redskins football for the rest of this year.

With our "D" healthy again, all the starters playing together, we will hold every team low scoring. With the weapons our O is about to break out, with the way Brunell, Moss, Cooley, Portis, Sellers, Betts and others are playing on "O" Why should we be afraid of playing against any other team?

Im telling everyone of you out of experience from what I seen Joe Gibbs do his first time here, DONT be surprised to just make the Playoffs because it's very possible the road to Super Bowl 40 can go through Fed Ex Field because I just dont see another NFC team who can beat us when we play our best and Redskins football, and come the second half of this seaon, We Will be Playing Redskins Football!!! :point2sky

Weren't we just spanked 36-0 two weeks ago?

Just keep an open mind on how quickly fortunes can turn. If we lose tomorrow, the board will be flooded with people jumping ship. If we win, people will be talking about a first round bye in the playoffs.

I have just three words to say...

BRING ON TAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MustangSteve,

If you aren't a motivational speaker, you should be.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks for a great read. :)

:cheers:

Ty PortisFan but Im only speaking what I seen in the past and how history is repeating itself. Hard work always pays off and and this team is truely believing they can beat anyone. Every team has that one bad game and we had ours and will get our revenge when NY crawls into our back yard ;-)

Weren't we just spanked 36-0 two weeks ago?

Just keep an open mind on how quickly fortunes can turn. If we lose tomorrow, the board will be flooded with people jumping ship. If we win, people will be talking about a first round bye in the playoffs.

I have just three words to say...

BRING ON TAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wasnt we the only one of two teams who beat the World Champion Patriots 2 years ago, even when our record was terrible? Every good team has that let down day and we had ours. Believe Joe Gibbs will make sure that wont happen again!!! If anyone wants to jump on Tampa's ship, then they can go down with it. I seen Gibbs teams in the 2nd half of the season go into places like Dallas, Philly and Chicago when they were all bad azz teams and punch them right in the mouth. The Redskins are in Tampa with the same additude as back then, they are there to prove they can win a Big game on the road against a tough team, and strait up, if we play Redskins football like I think were going to, this game will be over at half time.

doesnt this go for most good teams? when the skins owned the nfc east didnt the cowboys come in to rfk and punch them in the mouth? over and over and over. didnt parcells giants punch gibbs teams in the mouth? and yes even in the cowboy haydays gibbs teams punched the boys in the mouth. point is theres goint to be a whole lot of mouth punching going on in the nfc east this year and skins will finish above philly for 3rd. place. giants have the best chance of not playing up to expectations this next half. gibbs has always been good at getting the most out of his players in the second half. as has parcells. of the 3 teams redskins have been outscored the most this season. followed by the giants., the giants have put up the most points so far followed by the cowboys. im just glad that the division is back to normal as it used to be so we can proudly become haters again lol.

doesnt this go for most good teams? when the skins owned the nfc east didnt the cowboys come in to rfk and punch them in the mouth? over and over and over. didnt parcells giants punch gibbs teams in the mouth? and yes even in the cowboy haydays gibbs teams punched the boys in the mouth. point is theres goint to be a whole lot of mouth punching going on in the nfc east this year and skins will finish above philly for 3rd. place. giants have the best chance of not playing up to expectations this next half. gibbs has always been good at getting the most out of his players in the second half. as has parcells. of the 3 teams redskins have been outscored the most this season. followed by the giants., the giants have put up the most points so far followed by the cowboys. im just glad that the division is back to normal as it used to be so we can proudly become haters again lol.

Feels good finaly having the utimate rivalry back huh, too bad the dayum Giants have to lead only for now, that wont last long though :point2sky

I love hearing this from the guys that have enough years under their belts to recall what it was like the first time around. There's that spirit, the true fan faith and belief that Art spoke so eloquently about recently. We are not going to go without losing games, that may be impossible these days in spite of what Indy has put together in the first half. We have to drop one in the div, then let it be that massacre w/ NY, if there was ever a tool to show the team that it could happen and keep them focused, that was it. I guarantee the coaching staff is still talking about that one, and with good reason. I'm looking forward to a good road win today against an NFC team, that can only help with playoff seeding, but even more I am looking forward to the second half of the season because you hit the nail on the head there Steve, Coach Gibbs has a way of cranking down harder as the year progresses. After many a long, dark day of Norvish weather the clouds are breaking and the burgundy and gold is shining through again.

Well, it looks like I was right.

Do you really think Tampa could of bombed Sean Taylor like they did Walt Harris? Our run D played great, our O tore up the #1 D in the NFL. If we played anyone besides Walt Harris we win that game by 2 touch downs, even with the turn overs we had!!!

With Griffin in the game we have more pressure on Simms, even though we wouldnt of needed it with Taylor protecting the middle of the field. We played a dayum good game but didnt have all of our starters and thats the only reason we lost.

I know a Joe Gibbs team, I know when were healthy we can beat anyone and Im sorry many other Redskin fans Dont have the Faith, but this team kept fighting today and Tampa could NOT of bombed us or beat us with Taylor and without Harris, we would of won by at least 14 points.

We will be healthy again, were only 1 game out of 1st place and this season is FAR from over!!! :point2sky

thank you for the post, I'm glad i seen it

Your Welcome brotha and maybe many other Redskin fans should read it too instead of whining over a game our Offense clearly took over against the #1 defense in the NFL.

We missed our best safety and it clearly shows how important Taylor really is because we have played 1st place teams in about every division this year and not one had the ballz to send there recievers at him like they did Walt Disney, I mean Harris, and I cant say I blame them because he would of had some INT's

Sean Taylor will be back, Griffin will be back, we totaly shut down the running game the last 2 weeks and will shut down the passing game when Taylors back to gaurd the middle of the field and Griffin is back to help with pressuring the QB.

1 game out of 1st place the NFC East with our Offense turning it on and people freak because 2 great players was injured and our worst defender had to play and got burned again. Get over it people, we WILL see all of our starters back, we WILL get it back together on Defense and the way our Offense and Special teams are playing, with all 3 cylinders firing, we will be just fine!!! :point2sky

These are some of many reasons Im enjoying this season and even looking ahead to this years scheadule instead of next years like we all been the last 12 freaking years at this part of the season.

I have been a Redskins fan since the George Allen days, I watched that coach give the Redskins something they never had and that is hope. He would fire this team up so much that the Dallas Cowboys and other teams better put on there guns because they knew a fight was coming.

George Allen made the Redskins a legit contender in the NFL when the Cowboys owned the NFC East for way too many years, and has definately earned my respect.

In 1981 Jack Kent Cook brought in a Builder of Champions by the name of Joe Gibbs. We started the 81 season with only one running back in the backfield and all us Redskin fans were like wtf is this?

We lost our first 5 games or close to it, but late in that season we seen the team picking up on a brand new offence. All of a suddon we were knocking teams out of the playoffs in late December.

In 1982 we seen what Joe Gibbs was really about! Hard work, just like he is today, keeping coaches and players on the roster, even getting better and faster players just like he does today. Then we seen the team learn his system and got better every week just as we are now. Each week the team got better and better just like we are now.

In late November all of us Redskin fans looked ahead with a good feeling knowing we have a shot at the SuperBowl and guess what, it happened!!! We caught everyones attention, every other team knew what we was going to do but couldnt stop it. We was going to run John Riggins down there throat like were gonna do Portis, and when they threw 8 men in the box, Joe Theisman would Bomb there defense just like Mark brunell does now.

In 1983 Joe Gibbs proved that the 82 Super Bowl was no fluke, we went 14-2 and absolutely blew out teams in the playoffs, 51-7 against the rams who was expected to break us like glass according to many anylist.

In the middle of 1983 we looked ahead again to the SuperBowl and guess what, we made it again!!! In 1987 the same thing under Joe Gibbs, just knew quarterbacks, running backs and recievers, just like today. Faught hard all season and smoked Denver 42-10 in the SuperBowl.

1991 was the Bomb year, another knew QB and RB and another year like this one. Us fans started looking ahead at the teams and games that was going to decide who wins the NFC east and home field advantage. We started 11-0 and never looked back, ripped through the playoffs and won the NFC championship 42-10 and smoked the Bills in the SuperBowl.

The most important reason Gibbs is so good in the 2nd half of the year and a Hall of Fame coach. He has a playbook that consist of over 500 plays we havent even seen yet, neither have the teams were going to be facing this second half of the year.

They will study our Offense and think ok if we do this we can contain them, thats when Joe Gibbs breaks out some books they havent even seen on tape to study. Evidence was last Sunday Night against philly, 5 wide recievers Redskins fans!!!

The Eagles didnt know who the hell to cover so they looked to Moss of course while Chris Cooley and Ladell Betts ate them up in the middle. I am watching this team learn Joe Gibbs football just like I did back in the 80s and 90s and yes im looking ahead at the schedule because Joe Gibbs and the Redskins already know play game to game. Yes it's finaly fun for us fans to look ahead again to this years schedule because I have more then hope for this team.

I am watching history repeat its self, I am watching Joe Gibbs build another Champion and just like the first time, Im watching nobody give this team any credit. While you new fans are thinking maybe, just maybe we might make the playoffs, I already know that this Redskins team will be twice as good the second half of the year as it was the first because they are coming together and Joe Gibbs WILL teach this team this year how to hold on to the ball, how to controll the clock like we have been and even show new weapons and plays that other teams just wont expect.

For those who want to be scared to look ahead at our remaining games then so be it, but Im NOT!!! Im FINALY having fun again because I know why Joe Gibbs is in the Hall of Fame, I know why he went to 4 Super Bowls and all of us know how good this team is when we play Redskins football, and let me tell you new fans, WE WILL be playing Joe Gibbs and Redskins football for the rest of this year.

With our "D" healthy again, all the starters playing together, we will hold every team low scoring. With the weapons our O is about to break out, with the way Brunell, Moss, Cooley, Portis, Sellers, Betts and others are playing on "O" Why should we be afraid of playing against any other team?

Im telling everyone of you out of experience from what I seen Joe Gibbs do his first time here, DONT be surprised to just make the Playoffs because it's very possible the road to Super Bowl 40 can go through Fed Ex Field because I just dont see another NFC team who can beat us when we play our best and Redskins football, and come the second half of this seaon, We Will be Playing Redskins Football!!! :point2sky

'"

Great read but I dont give a S anymore, 15 years later here I am sitting in front of my TV and watching the team that I have loved my whole life SUCK ARSS and loose to the F ing bucs with almost the rookie look alike QB.. Heck he looked like Montana today!! How can anyone talk about playoffs when these guys suck this bad when they easily could have had the game in the bag if it wasnt due to the turn overs!!??

You are not a championship team unless you fix the problems... 9 games in to the season and yet the INT's, Fumbles, missed tackles, blow plays etc... still happening. I am so freaking frustrated and just venting.. 15 years of frustration is bound to blow up soon or later.. I am almost there.

Archived