Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East Much Improved...But At What Cost?

EnFoRcEr_uPu

Call this strange, but I'm kinda worried about how wierd things have been in the NFC East this season. First of all, 3 6-10 teams all now sit above .500 after the mid-point of the season just 1 year later(Washington, New York and Dallas). Meanwhile, the defending division champs 5 years running, are in danger of falling BELOW .500 for the first time in years.

Now the freaky part. This same season that things have turned around so dramatically, the Giants endure the passing of their owner Wellington Mara, the Eagles lose their #1 WR for good, and the brother of Dallas' head coach Bill Parcels passes away.

Is it time for something devestating to happen to Washington? :(

<resisting urge to post reply of "Ok, it's strange">

I think you are reading too much into things. Old men die, Mara, bless his soul, was old and sick for a while, wasn't he?

As for Owens, everybody could have predicted problems with him. Even Dionne Warwick.

I don't know anything about Parcells' brother, but it is all coincedence. The division is not "cursed".

I'd also like to point out the strangeness of how you guys beat us on that monday night......not too often you see a team give up 2 touchdowns in the last 4 minutes on their home turf, I'm still having nightmares abot that.........also strange about how badly we beat the iglets.....33-10 was very unlikely to most, and it is possible to happen again......

Call this strange, but I'm kinda worried about how wierd things have been in the NFC East this season. First of all, 3 6-10 teams all now sit above .500 after the mid-point of the season just 1 year later(Washington, New York and Dallas). Meanwhile, the defending division champs 5 years running, are in danger of falling BELOW .500 for the first time in years.

They were below .500 after the first game this season. They started out 0-2 either last year or the year before that.

:eaglesuck

First, realize that the NFC East has four great coaches and four teams with great traditions. It has always been a physical, run orientated division. It is no surprise to me; it would have been that way last year except the Giants had a rookie QB, the Skins had no QB, and the Cowboys had Vinny.

I'd also like to point out the strangeness of how you guys beat us on that monday night......not too often you see a team give up 2 touchdowns in the last 4 minutes on their home turf, I'm still having nightmares abot that.........also strange about how badly we beat the iglets.....33-10 was very unlikely to most, and it is possible to happen again......

Ya see, something terrible has happened. We've made Dallas fans have nightmares over their loss to us on their special night.

Oh wait...................that's a good thing :laugh:

yep i still relive that nightmare of the skins getting their arses kicked for 56 minutes of the game and brunell basically throwing 2 hail marys to bail them out. seems the boys had 2 or 3 games that turned out similar early in the season, however since the eagle game their defense has stepped up and are becoming playmakers. 33-10 over the eagles is a big win. redskins also beat the eagles 17-10 without t.o. playing would it have made a difference? maybe maybe not. we do know now that the skins can be run on. and the boys will have 2 r.b.s in the next game against them. pick- cowboys 24 skins 10 brunell will have 3 t.o.s

Archived