Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something I just noticed

EnFoRcEr_uPu

In the Eagles game, we had 2 plays that were just inches from being LONG TD's. First was the pass to Moss from our 5 yard line, the only guy that could stop him barely managed to push him out of bounds. Had he been 1 foot farther, Moss would have gone 95 yards for the TD w/ nobody to stop him. Then the run by Portis up the right. He was tripped by the last defender. Had he not been tripped, he takes it the length of the field. I think things are gonna start breaking out soon.

In the Eagles game, we had 2 plays that were just inches from being LONG TD's. First was the pass to Moss from our 5 yard line, the only guy that could stop him barely managed to push him out of bounds. Had he been 1 foot farther, Moss would have gone 95 yards for the TD w/ nobody to stop him. Then the run by Portis up the right. He was tripped by the last defender. Had he not been tripped, he takes it the length of the field. I think things are gonna start breaking out soon.

That happens in every game to every team (except maybe the Texans).

That happens in every game to every team (except maybe the Texans).

True, but other teams are known to get those breaks and take it to the house. The skins have been hampered by horrible WR's that make a catch at the 10 with NO ONE around(Cough cough Gardner) and get tackled at the 2.

I think the skins will break a couple loose real soon too

I'd like to see Portis break one against the Bucs so I don't have to listen to people say that he isn't any good. Even without huge plays he's playing great (though his stats may not seem like it to some) but I still weekly hear from people about how Portis is struggling and then I try to convince them he isn't. They merely look at stats though.

Then the run by Portis up the right. He was tripped by the last defender. Had he not been tripped, he takes it the length of the field. I think things are gonna start breaking out soon.

Seems that's what Portis does for us. He runs into the back of his blockers, trips himself up, or has the defender touch him just enough to fall down.

Come Sunday, I bet the 1st or 2nd play will be a run where Portis picks up 7-10 yards and then after that play he'll be getting those 3 - 4 yards runs that we're used to seeing.

This stuff happens in every game - that's like saying we lost by less than 7 points (so does almost every team in the league - like the Eagles last week). You could also say that we almost tackled Bell in the Broncos game twice. Close doesn't count. Making the plays separates the good teams from the bad in the parity filled NFL. Lots of plays come down to one or two players making the difference. I don't think it's a guage of how good the team is at this point. I'd rather refer to the plays we've actually made like the 2 TD's against Dallas, etc.

Don't forget the kick return by Betts. He only had to get by the kicker to take it all the way.

Don't forget the kick return by Betts. He only had to get by the kicker to take it all the way.

yeah that and be about two times as fast as he is. any decent return man in the league would have taken that to the house. We really need a kick returner

Archived