Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Even if we beat TB, we still won't get any Respect

tvo14

Even if we beat Tampa at home, we still won't get any respect. The Naysayers will say that Tampa is on their way down and we beat a declining team.

Most of these so called experts don't know the team like we do. So let them keep thinking this so we can sneak all the way into the playoffs. Even if we only go .500 for the rest of the year, we would be 10-6 and I think thats good enough for a wild card.

Even if we beat Tampa at home, we still won't get any respect. The Naysayers will say that Tampa is on their way down and we beat a declining team.

Most of these so called experts don't know the team like we do. So let them keep thinking this so we can sneak all the way into the playoffs. Even if we only go .500 for the rest of the year, we would be 10-6 and I think thats good enough for a wild card.

I still don't get the complaints. We're an above average team that could have a record from anywhere to 3-5 to 7-1. Everybody seems to think that we are an above average team that's gotten lucky a few times.

Isn't that about right?

We don't deserve respect from anyone because we haven't really done anything yet. 5-3 is a pretty average record. The only ones who need to respect us is the Bucs, or any other team we're playing, and it's not like they don't already do that.

I disagree...it's difficult to downplay a 6-3 team...especially considering the schedule we've faced.

I think this game is as big as last weeks' in terms of setting our own course for the rest of the year.

I'm worried about TB, though, because they should be hungry...their season is slipping away from them.

We had our chance to prove to everyone we were legit when we played the Giants. That was our first huge chance to win respect and we blew it. We must win aganist the Bucs. Every little bit counts. And if we lose, everyone will continue to look at the Skins as a team that starts strong and destructs midway through the season.

As the saying goes, we are what we are. 5 up and 3 down. If we win the games we are supposed to win and pull 1 or 2 out of the hat, then we'll be fine. A couple of years ago nobody "respected" the Panthers either, until NE beat them at the last second. Who cares about respect when you go to the Super Bowl.

Well the Cowpukes are 5-3 and they get respect even when it is unwarranted.

Don't think we don't get "respect". Plus, the Cowboys do have a good team this year. Neither the Cowboys or Redskins get treated like they're the 49ers or Texans, so I don't see what the deal is.

I think the T.O. hoopla this past week upstaged our victory, at least on the national level.

Look at the Ravens the year they won the Super Bowl...they were getting less than "no respect"...they were getting ripped.

I think it is hard for the media to "buy in" to our success because of so much over hype in 2000 with all the high priced free agents.

Let's just keep notching up victories and the media will have to deal with us sooner or later.

I wouldn't worry about the respect. Some teams beat beatable teams and make the playoffs regularly. I'd be fine with that.

The fact is, we're finally to a point where we win a lot of the "even" games. Under Norv and Spurrier, we lost more than we won. Let's keep taking advantage of opponents' problems and winning. If we master that, then we move on to trying to beat a team that is playing well when we face them (like the Giants game we lost).

Dont get to far ahead of your self, we play better when we are not getting any respect, see the Giants game. One week at a time.

Well the Cowpukes are 5-3 and they get respect even when it is unwarranted.

The Girls always make news and are a favorite of ESPN even when they are down. Add in Parcells and that gets them respect whether or not they deserve it. But you can't deny they are a better team this year.

As already stated on this post we had our chance to get respect against the Giants and blew it. Nobody is going to give us that respect until we win a few more games. Which is fine. I think that went to the head of the team a little bit.

We don't deserve respect from anyone because we haven't really done anything yet. 5-3 is a pretty average record. The only ones who need to respect us is the Bucs, or any other team we're playing, and it's not like they don't already do that.

:applause: Bingo! We will get respect when we go to the playoffs, finish with a record above 500, win a playoff game.

This team has the respects of its true fans and that's all i really care about. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time pulling for them anymore, even in the losses. How about you?

Sportswriters are idiots and only care about storylines, most of them don't know jack sheet about football. I'd like to see how most of them would even throw a football...who doesn't think the majority would throw like girls?

Archived