Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question About Michael Vick....(Poll)

EnFoRcEr_uPu

today's qb standards?

as long as winning and scoring pts is important, plenty of teams would draft vick high.

Agree with this one. The media and fans obsess over stats and QB Ratings, but coach's obsess over wins. The man wins games, who cares about his stats. He'd definintely be a top pick today.

I guess what I was getting at, is that it seems that a lot more teams are trying to find and create "pocket QB's". I wasn't sure if Vick could live up to that or not.

I disagree that teams want pocket QBs. I think the ideal NFL QB right now is McNabb. Not the best passer in the game but he's good enough to win and he's big enough to escape and make plays with his feet. You can't get more out of the QB position then that.

If Vick played his entire eligibility in college, his numbers would be crazy. But at the same time, I believe that most teams would question his ability to develop into an efficient passer. Its the Terence Morris phenomenon (The longer you play in college, the more youre dissected, and faults in your game are discovered). I still think Vick would go #1 because he is quite a draw and makes the owner money

It's a more complicated question than it first appears. Are we superimposing his college record on this years results?

It would depend on who needs a QB. Last year, with the first pick San Francisco took one of the two guys projected to go almost immediately. The other guy didn't go until Green Bay picked him with (I think) the 22nd pick. And they were the only two QBs picked in the first round.

This year, there's Young from TX and Laniert (however you spell his name) from USC. I'm pretty sure Vick wouldn't go before those two, and that would probably put him in the 2nd round or lower.

Archived