Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks Like A Winning Streak

PortisClinton

With last week's win at Philly it looks like we could be starting a nice little win streak here. I think the way Tampa is playing that we will be able to beat them (I'll be at that game I'm so excited) and then 2 home games where we are undefeated. So Philly, Tampa and then I also think we can take Oakland without any problems. That is a 3 game winning streak taking us in to the San Diego game. Yes they are tough but at home undefeated and on a streak we might be able to take that one too, personally I think they are a bit over rated. Then come the Rams and Cardinals on the road you never know? How long do you think this streak will last? I know any given sunday any professional team can win but I would be 90% sure to go on and say we take these next 2 (Tampa and Oakland) Then at home we have a great chance vs. San Diego (especially if we are on a 3 game winning streak, did I mention we will be at home for that game?

So what do you think? How long can the streak last????

:bucsuck:

til the chargers game the streak will last. im hoping... but if we beat the chargers at home, then the streak will last all the way up til the cowboys game.

I don't know about that. A 5-game winning streak heading into Arizona with a game at home against the Cowboys the next week? Smells like a let down game.

Aw who am I kidding, Denny Green and his QB circus don't stand a chance against us. :)

i like the way our schedule looks. all of our tough games are at home where we play very well. hopefully we can get a win on the road against a struggling team, and take our momentum into the tougher games at home.

we are defenitely capable of winning our next 5, but if we can just win 3/5 of them, i would like our playoff chances with an 8-5 record. 10-3 sounds better though :D

i think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. The only game I see as somewhat a break is the Cardinals, but the Bucs, Rams, Raiders are all going to be tough games. Don't get me wrong though, I think we can potentially win them all, but we have yet to put together a good road win. Even with the Dallas comeback.

I'll be happy if we're at least 8-5 heading into our last 3 games.

I said before the season we'd go 8-8 and I'd be satisfied with that but what I'd like even better is to play meaningful football in December. I don't mean "if we win and if four other teams lose by a margin of 23 points then we control our own destiny" like it was last year. I mean legitimately we win we're in we lose we're out type of deal.

But we still have to take it just one game at a time. :)

i think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. The only game I see as somewhat a break is the Cardinals, but the Bucs, Rams, Raiders are all going to be tough games. Don't get me wrong though, I think we can potentially win them all, but we have yet to put together a good road win. Even with the Dallas comeback.

Good point don't take anything for granted. I just think we have a stronger chance to win our non divisional opponents given their current records.

:bucsuck:

Oh, I don't think there are any games we can't win. (Although that Giants game has really made me less nervous. Good news is: A win is a win, and completely stinking up the entire state of New Jersey is only one loss.)

OTOH, I also know enough probability to know that if the odds of a Skins win are 80%, (4-1 odds), then the odds of winning 4 in a row are 40%, and 8 in a row are 17%. We're a good team, but nobody's perfect.

We will lose a couple that we should have won. And now that we've been somewhat de-Norved, we may win a few we should have lost. A case could be made that Dallas was one of those. (I'll take it, anyway. :) )

i like our games in the second half, but I wouldnt go and say we are gonna streak. Its a possibility, but the skins need to show up every week from here on out. We shouldnt have any problem with the bucs, Oakland who knows, they are kinda like us, they can play pretty well or no so well any week. A home, I like our chances. Chargers really ARE the most overrated team in the NFL. I heard something about how hard their schedual was in the first half and thats why their record is what it is, but that they are the third best team. This was on Sirius radio, not sure what show, maybe sportsbash. My question is if they are the third best team then how is their schedual any excuse, did they play Pitt and the Colts 4 times each? They should have been favored in most of those games right?

i like our games in the second half, but I wouldnt go and say we are gonna streak. Its a possibility, but the skins need to show up every week from here on out. We shouldnt have any problem with the bucs, Oakland who knows, they are kinda like us, they can play pretty well or no so well any week. A home, I like our chances. Chargers really ARE the most overrated team in the NFL. I heard something about how hard their schedual was in the first half and thats why their record is what it is, but that they are the third best team. This was on Sirius radio, not sure what show, maybe sportsbash. My question is if they are the third best team then how is their schedual any excuse, did they play Pitt and the Colts 4 times each? They should have been favored in most of those games right?

Notice how we all think the media is a bunch of idiots.... that's because their job is to make idiots of themselves. The only media people I respect are Kornheiser and Wilbon because they are funny and they don't make crazy predictions.

Has any group of fans in history ever over-reacted more to a 5-3 start? Is it possible?

And what would everyone be thinking if that field goal in the Seahawks game had clanked through?

And what would we be thinking if Ian Gold doesn't get a fingertip on that two-point conversion attempt? Or Cartwright doesn't order up that room service fumble against the Chiefs? Or what if Portis hadn't tipped the ball RIGHT into the Seahawks player's hands, setting them up for that FG in the first place?

Why don't you just lighten up? Who made you the designated wet blanket?

Yes, some people here are getting ahead of themselves. But, so what? They're FANS of the Redskins taking some enjoyment out a Redskin team that is finally giving them something to enjoy. That's what being a FAN is about - taking pleasure out of the thing for which you are a FAN.

You should try it sometime...:cheers:

And what would everyone be thinking if that field goal in the Seahawks game had clanked through?

This is becoming an annoying example of fortunate Redskin victories. The Skins had the ball tied with less than 2 minutes left and made far bigger mistake than Brown's missed 47 yard FG. Therefore, I don't think it was such a miracle that they "survived" that game.

People act as though Brown missed a 20 yarder or something...the Seahawks only had that opportunity because of a mistake we made.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually youre wrong. We have a streak right now, since technically a streak consists of 1 win or more in a row.

No, actually you're wrong. When you've won a game after losing, you're not on a winning streak, you've simply broken a losing streak.

Archived