Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man, Gibbs is the MAN.

Sunburn

Not in my book.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize who the successful people in the world are. Gibbs has done it.... repeatedly. He's in the freakin' Hall of Fame - does it REALLY get any bigger than that? - and is WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the top 3 coaches of all time.

And the guy takes 12 years off from football and has to undo 12 years of damage to the organization. And you gave him exactly 16 games before you started to doubt?!?! Holy Christ.

Let's hope your a little more patient with your children.

Gibbs has the credentials. And Gibbs is genuinely one of the "good guys" in life. And yet so many people have given him such a short leash.

For the love of God... EVERY REDSKINS FAN SHOULD GIVE GIBBS AT LEAST 5 YEARS!

Why?

Because if Gibbs can't turn this around in 5 years.... this franchise is doomed forever. Period.

yea for real, sometimes i forget this is only his 2nd year. i keep thinking we are gonna lose him soon :doh: these next 4 years of skins football will be great memories for me.

I'm glad someone's finally seen the light. Gibbs is the man. I want to know where are the rest of the doubters at? All the ones who said they didn't care what he did in his first stint since it was "in the past :rolleyes: " O rbetter yet the ones that said he and Greg Williams should both be fired because they lied about the Lavar situation.

I started to believe in Joe Gibbs once he started winning and things started working out well.

Give me a break :rolleyes:

Anybody who doubted for a second to me isn't worthy of being a Redskins fan. Plain and simple.

Best response to the "I've come around" thread EVER.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:owned:

You're either on this bandwagon or off of it son! And there's no jumping on and off up in here! Go buy some Blue and Silver attire if you're going to fluctuate your fanhood with the success of your team! Gibbs is in the hall of fame for a reason! :cheers:

I was having my doubts because what Gibbs and the Redskins organization was rather questionable.

Not to mention there was the thought that maybe all the time from football put changed him.

Yeah, the only people saying that were the mediots. True Redskins fans knew that it was only a matter of time. You are probably one of those guys who turns on ESPN, and then goes to work the next day and regurgitates everything exactly as it was on Sportscenter. I've got news for you: INDEPENDENT THOUGHT IS A GOOD THING!

Redskins for life, 16-0 or 0-16. Booyah.

(I caught the "fuggin elitists" thing before the edit too :D )

If being a "diehard" and "loyalist" to the friggin coach who is actually BIGGER than the football organization that is the Washington Redskins makes me an "elitist"... then so be it.

At least I'm loyal. At least I recognize a winner when I see one. At least I cheer for the good guys... win or lose. I had "belief/faith" in Joe... and I have respect for the man personally.

I don't just jump on the bandwagon when things are good. My bottom line isn't "just win baby or I'll stab you in the back".

And you shouldn't care what people think about you... but you are what you are.

All you have to do is look at Gibbs W-L record over his first time here to know hes the best. He had a much better w-l than Bill Walsh over his term even though he coached in the toughest division in the league. He missed the playoffs 2 times because the division was so competitive even though the team was 10-6 both of those years. And still won as many Super Bowls as Walsh and coached in 1 more.

What do you think Gibbs record over those 12 years would have been if the Redskins were in the NFC West where all the other teams were very bad for the entire decade of the 80's?

And Gibbs didnt have any Montana, Lott or Rice. No big Superstars played for the Redskins and the important position players were in constant turnover during the entire 12 years he coached. And he still won.

I am young, I am a relative newbie to this site, but I know one thing. This site is not for the fair weather fan, or the occaisional fan, or the doubting fan of everything the Skins do. This site is for EXTREMESKINS fans, the die hards. Just because you drank the media Kool-Aid doesn't mean you aren't a fan, you're just not a die hard. I take offense to people calling others on this site elitists. I also take offenes to people claiming to be a die hard fan yet doubt the only active coach in the NFL that is in the HOF!!

HTTR!!!! IN GIBBS WE TRUST!!!!

I started to believe in Joe Gibbs once he started winning and things started working out well.

Give me a break :rolleyes:

Anybody who doubted for a second to me isn't worthy of being a Redskins fan. Plain and simple.

Couldn't agree more, DH.

How can anyone doubt Gibbs. :doh:

He is not in the HOF for NOTHING!!!!

IN GIBBS WE TRUST!!!!! :cheers:

:eaglesuck

If being a "diehard" and "loyalist" to the friggin coach who is actually BIGGER than the football organization that is the Washington Redskins makes me an "elitist"... then so be it.

At least I'm loyal. At least I recognize a winner when I see one. At least I cheer for the good guys... win or lose. I had "belief/faith" in Joe... and I have respect for the man personally.

I don't just jump on the bandwagon when things are good. My bottom line isn't "just win baby or I'll stab you in the back".

Preach it brother!!!!! I understand how young fans, who didn't witness his first tenure and have a chance to understand the trademarks of a Joe Gibbs team, could have some doubts. But, no one should have drawn any conclusions about Joe Gibbs the coach/leader based on last season.

Any coach coming in here should have been given atleast 3 years before winning was an expectation. Losing was part of this teams culture, which is not an easy fix. But Coach Gibbs, being the HOF football GENIUS that he is, has us all expecting wins week in and week out, just half way through year two. Realistically, this year has gone way better than anyone had a right to expect after the debacle of the last 12 years. I fully expected we'd struggle the first half of the year, start putting it together by the end of season, and be a contender next year. Glad I was wrong. Being in contention half way through the season is much better. But I NEVER doubted that Coach Gibbs would fully turn this around and get us another Lombardy. HTTR!!!!!!!

There's a difference between loyalty and infallibility. No matter what happened last year or this year, I was always going to be loyal to Gibbs and hope he would coach here forever. But that doesn't mean that he never makes mistakes - although given everything so far, it looks like he hasn't. When Brunell was struggling last year, almost everyone thought Joe made a mistake. That shouldn't make you unworthy to be a fan. The difference is, do you still root for the team and root for Joe Gibbs and continue to believe him, or do you trash him? That's the key.

Go ahead DieHard!!

I totally agree with every word bro. Rediculously impatient Skins fans were already second-guessing every move Gibbs made by week 6 LAST season. I'm still amazed at how quick so many Skins fans turned on the Coach when we went through some hard times that anybody paying even a little attention should have known we were giong to go through. Now we're winning and everybody's come around. Puhleeze!!

Just my 2 cents about the HOF comments- I don't give respect to the HOF with Art Monk's continued exclusion (and other receivers getting in earlier or going to get in earlier who are, in my opinion, less deserving - or at least certainly not more deserving enough for earlier entry relative to their retirement). I'm consistent on that, I won't pick and choose when to think the HOF has meaning and when it doesn't. I'd just say that a coach who has gotten to the SB as many times as he did and won as many times as he did with all of the different situations... that should be good enough for anyone.

Consistency is what the team needed above all else. I think it's ok to be nervous or disagree with certain decisions that Gibbs makes/made (he is human, contrary to somewhat popular belief it seems), but I think if you thought we were *overall* heading to the toilet then I'd have to question your judgment.

Yeh, I had to bust him on that "edit", but I tried to do it nicely. People who extend a certain amount of trust based on supported experience, see positives with the same acuity as negatives, or are willing to consider that successful professional coaches sees things the most observant fan doesn't, may receive some pretty critical slams and unflattering assumptions about their reasoning ability :laugh: .

Aw, c'mon.

After a bad season with a crap offense, we trade a disgruntled WR for a disgruntled WR. Then we pass over who many thought could be the best WR in the draft for defense. Then we picked up ANOTHER QB who had only one good year in his entire collegiate career.

Or that's what it seemed like.

So I'm not worthy of being a Redskins fan because I was starting to have my doubts about what the organization was doing?

Picking up that Qb was a sign of faith that Gibbs intends to stick it out for 5 years or more. But I believe he might go wayside if the skins win a superbowl before then.

Archived