Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man, Gibbs is the MAN.

Sunburn

I've got to admit, I started to doubt him.

I didn't approve of the Santana-for-Coles trade, but I trusted Gibbs.

Then came the NFL Draft...

I couldn't really complain about Carlos Rogers. That's who I thought we were going to get. I liked the kid in college. But when we passed on Mike Williams, I was in shock.

Then we got Jason Campbell. Another freakin' QB. Not to mention how much we payed to get the guy. I just couldn't believe it.

Then came 2005...

Brunell is looking awesome, so does Moss and Rogers. We're contending for the NFC East crown, which I thought was impossible during preseason.

The morale of this season has been:

In Gibbs you must trust.

Yep, so far everything from the offseason has looked good...

1. No one questioned bringing in Rabach and he has been very solid.

2. Moss has been the best WR we have had in a long time.

3. Carlos has looked pretty good, while Smoot has had all kinds of problems in Minnesota.

4. Lemar Marshall has stepped up well in place of Pierce (and Barrow).

5. Brunell showed he really wasnt done, while Ramsey didnt show any great improvement. Now we have a solid vet and a young, promising backup for the future.

We still need a few key ingredients (#2 biggish WR, pass rushing DE) but things are looking pretty good right now.

I started to believe in Joe Gibbs once he started winning and things started working out well.

Give me a break :rolleyes:

Anybody who doubted for a second to me isn't worthy of being a Redskins fan. Plain and simple.

I'll second and third that, DH. Fair weather fans. How anyone could examine Coaches success in all endeavors and doubt he'd find success is beyond me. Heck, I'm ashamed I didn't expect success until year 3 because of the damage done in the last decade. I really thought it would take a little more time to be a team that could compete with any team.

I started to believe in Joe Gibbs once he started winning and things started working out well.

Anybody who doubted for a second to me isn't worthy of being a Redskins fan. Plain and simple.

They will figure it out. I never doubted Gibbs, and I still did a double-take when he let Schroeder go and pulled two superbowl MVPs out of his pocket. Even got probowl Jim Lachey in exchange for Schroeder (the most media criticized move of Gibbs first ten years). Absolutely masterful, nothing surprised me after that. Gibbs has the midas touch, he turns everything to gold...gold-n-burgundy.

It amazes me that some people actually think they know better than a HOF coach, who obviously had a plan.

Aw, c'mon.

After a bad season with a crap offense, we trade a disgruntled WR for a disgruntled WR. Then we pass over who many thought could be the best WR in the draft for defense. Then we picked up ANOTHER QB who had only one good year in his entire collegiate career.

Or that's what it seemed like.

So I'm not worthy of being a Redskins fan because I was starting to have my doubts about what the organization was doing?

Aw, c'mon.

After a bad season with a crap offense, we trade a disgruntled WR for a disgruntled WR. Then we pass over who many thought could be the best WR in the draft for defense. Then we picked up ANOTHER QB who had only one good year in his entire collegiate career.

Or that's what it seemed like.

So I'm not worthy of being a Redskins fan because I was starting to have my doubts about what the organization was doing?

Not in my book.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize who the successful people in the world are. Gibbs has done it.... repeatedly. He's in the freakin' Hall of Fame - does it REALLY get any bigger than that? - and is WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the top 3 coaches of all time.

And the guy takes 12 years off from football and has to undo 12 years of damage to the organization. And you gave him exactly 16 games before you started to doubt?!?! Holy Christ.

Let's hope your a little more patient with your children.

Gibbs has the credentials. And Gibbs is genuinely one of the "good guys" in life. And yet so many people have given him such a short leash.

For the love of God... EVERY REDSKINS FAN SHOULD GIVE GIBBS AT LEAST 5 YEARS!

Why?

Because if Gibbs can't turn this around in 5 years.... this franchise is doomed forever. Period.

Not in my book.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize who the successful people in the world are. Gibbs has done it.... repeatedly. He's in the freakin' Hall of Fame - does it REALLY get any bigger than that? - and is WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the top 3 coaches of all time.

And the guy takes 12 years off from football and has to undo 12 years of damage to the organization. And you gave him exactly 16 games before you started to doubt?!?! Holy Christ.

Gibbs has the credentials. And Gibbs is genuinely one of the "good guys" in life. And yet so many people have given him such a short leash.

Why?

Because if Gibbs can't turn this around in 5 years.... this franchise is doomed forever. Period.

Thanks, man. I either avoid trying to state that, or when I do try I'm overly diplomatic or elaborate. You put it out there straight and simple.

Not in my book.

Why?

I was having my doubts because what Gibbs and the Redskins organization was rather questionable.

Not to mention there was the thought that maybe all the time from football put changed him.

Frankly, I don't care if you think I'm worthy of being a Redkins fan.

Archived