Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't Portis wear black shoes?

Stophovr6

"League sources said late today that Portis, who paid $15,000 in similar fines last season (as did Taylor), was fined this week for using an unauthorized tinted eye shield, not wearing white socks and using black shoes for the second time this season."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/10/AR2005111001520.html

I understand the socks. I don't understand what color shoes he has to wear or how the visor was "unauthorized".

$15K to him is 50 bucks to you and I....He must have known it was coming and did it as a way to pump himself and others up.

By the way, the league is very brand-conscious. They don't want individuals to use their show (i.e. the game) to promote their own brands (i.e. their face/personality). Thats why they banned removing the helmet and such. The fines are not for black shoes and red socks but for "individualizing" themselves. In other words, deviating from what the Redskins "official league" uniform is.

Here's what he plans to wear on the field NEXT week:

"He stepped in front of the cameras during the team's lunch break in a long, black wig, a tight Led Zeppelin T-shirt (Portis could not name any of their albums) with a sheriff's badge stuck to it, oversized sunglasses with bugged-out eyes on the lenses and a leather pouch hanging from his neck."

:laugh: :laugh:

yeh LT#2 is the original visor guy. i think they look badass with them on, and I think a tinted visor can help basically any position player in the game (at night too) because you can't watch their eyes when they're following routes or holes, etc.

what a fascist piece of crap though... "we did not sanction those black shoes, give us your money." :laugh:

Same goes for the coaches, they are only allowed to wear 'Authorized' team clothing.... which is nothing more than Reebok getting their items shown. I read a week or two ago (or seen on NFL Network) about a coach wanting to wear a suit and tie on the field and the NFL said 'NO'. Someone had commented the coach could wear the Reebok 'sleep pants' and a t-shirt and not get fined but if they wore the suit, they would be fined.. Crazy Business world we live in

Archived