Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis

D'Pablo

Has anyone noticed that we bench this guy when he's having a really really good game? I mean Shawn Alexander makes his living off teams like the 49ers, but we bench our star RB. Portis could have as much as 200 more yards than he has right now, and a lot more confidence, if we let him play through the scrubs.

Has anyone noticed that we bench this guy when he's having a really really good game? I mean Shawn Alexander makes his living off teams like the 49ers' date=' but we bench our star RB. Portis could have as much as 200 more yards than he has right now, and a lot more confidence, if we let him play through the scrubs.[/quote']

well obviously if the game is over with, we want to keep our guys healthy...thats more important then the stat book. look at the bright side, if he stays healthy, he will have a longer career and end up with more yardage in the long run.

I like it. We're not here to pad stats, we're here to win. And we want Portis to be as healthy as possible, which means not risking him to being injured by a 4th string linebacker. During the Giants game, I can't say that Coughlin did the same with his players.

It's not about padding stats necessarily. With more carries, people will be forced to respect him more. This means a further expanded passing game. Not to mention it will get Portis' confidence up. Yes, there is a risk of injury, but then why play the game at all?

Has anyone noticed that we bench this guy when he's having a really really good game? I mean Shawn Alexander makes his living off teams like the 49ers' date=' but we bench our star RB. Portis could have as much as 200 more yards than he has right now, and a lot more confidence, if we let him play through the scrubs.[/quote']

:doh:

And you are probably the same person that would call for Gibbs head if Portis blew a knee out while getting garbage stats.

It's not about padding stats necessarily. With more carries' date=' people will be forced to respect him more. This means a further expanded passing game. Not to mention it will get Portis' confidence up. Yes, there is a risk of injury, but then why play the game at all?[/quote']

Yes....but why risk an injury in a game(where he is still in there)that the out come is not going to change?

Save the starters in the 4th Q when it's a blow out. That's just smart football IMO. Besides, our second and third string players need a chance to play.

I also think Portis couldn't be any happier with the whole program. The use of two fresh backs is a good Idea though it would be nice to have a big, bruising FB as the relief carrier instead of another HB. Someone like Riggo!

Archived