Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Matt Bowen?

GoSkins0721

Clark is playing well, Matt had a severe knee injury last season that takes at least a year to fully make recovery. He's being brought along in steps like LaVar, but his name isn't as big, so he doesn't get the same headlines... ;)

His injury was a bit more severe than LaVar's, though.

Clark is playing well, Matt had a severe knee injury last season that takes at least a year to fully make recovery. He's being brought along in steps like LaVar, but his name isn't as big, so he doesn't get the same headlines... ;)

His injury was a bit more severe than LaVar's, though.

i think that's the reason. bowen was williams' ace early last season before he got injuried playing ST.

I don't see why Bowen would've been so great. Are you basing it on his 2 sacks in the Bucs game? Cause that's what it seems like.

The dude sacked Brad "the statue" Johnson playing behind an absolutely horrendous o-line, twice, and suddenly he would've gone to the Pro Bowl? He's mediocre on his best day. Clark would've overtaken him eventually last year. Bowen's coverage skills are inconsistent even when healthy.

Those that have a man crush on clark, it's somewhat justified.. However, I'll take a 100% Bowen over a 100% Clark any day. The year he was having last year beforeh e was injured.. If he'd have kept pace he'd have gone to the pro bowl.

Bowen has played hardly any games in Williams system. I think Ryan Clark is just as good as him. Bowen can make really dumb plays. Like the time when he ran circles around Deuce McCallister.

Bowen has played hardly any games in Williams system. I think Ryan Clark is just as good as him. Bowen can make really dumb plays. Like the time when he ran circles around Deuce McCallister.

Yeah I remember that play. That was ridiculous. He had Deuce in the open field going downhill, but instead of simply wrapping him up at the legs, Bowen decided to be a big tough guy and hit him up high by grabbing Deuce at the shoulders, HUGE mistake, because his useless flailing of arms only prolonged a 15 yard run into a 40-50 yard run. Bowen is overrated and mediocre.

When your best hit is against Trung Canidate in training camp and your best defensive game is getting 2 sacks against Brad Johnson (wait a sec, who hasn't sacked Brad?) then that's not saying much.

Yeah I remember that play. That was ridiculous. He had Deuce in the open field going downhill, but instead of simply wrapping him up at the legs, Bowen decided to be a big tough guy and hit him up high by grabbing Deuce at the shoulders, HUGE mistake, because his useless flailing of arms only prolonged a 15 yard run into a 40-50 yard run. Bowen is overrated and mediocre.

When your best hit is against Trung Canidate in training camp and your best defensive game is getting 2 sacks against Brad Johnson (wait a sec, who hasn't sacked Brad?) then that's not saying much.

Bowen was one of the hardest hitters this team has had in a while.

With a torn ACL, sometimes you lose that quick explosion. That's what made Bowen special. He might never get that back. Jury's still out.

Archived